New cyberton EP ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darth Galvatron, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Darth Galvatron

Darth Galvatron Guest

Finally something happened on Cybertron worth discussing. Sorry to the American fans that cannot see the new eps. Hopefully CN will pull their Heads from their asses.

****Spoilers ahead****

So last Friday on YTV the bots came to Giant Planet (finally!) and I was really looking forward to seeing all the new giant bots and more of Sound wave. Well I almost wish I hadn't, here's why.

The whole idea of the giant planet is that is one big planet covered in cities, not a bad Idea, but when the Bots show up, all the cities are deserted. Why would they build the Cities if there was no one to live in them??

All the inhabitants of the giant planet have Scottish/English accents. It more annoying than anything and it really makes very little sense. Why would a planet, outside of our dimension, have bots that speak with the same accent of some of inhabitants of earth. I guess it wouldn't be so bad it they used Scottish/English voice actors, not American trying to be English, Scottish or in Jetfire's case Australian. (Crikey?? wtf, I sure every one says that in Australia.)

Soundwave. :mad:  What is he, some intergalactic DJ that has a metallic voice? It wouldn’t be so bad if he was a tape player or music type thing, but god it pissed me off. Christ, he even said peace out at the end....:mad 
    I though he was supposed to be some BMF?

On the up side the end battle was cool, the new characters are adequate and I am sure that Galvatron is on the way.

Any thoughts on this? Is the GF version the same? Do I have to learn Japanese to enjoy this?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The thing about Giant Planet is that the Transformers there make those huge cities, then abandon them and move on to make another new city. The planet is built up of layer upon layer of abandoned cities.

Can't say anything about Soundwave as I've only seen the subs at that point. I can assure you that he only pulls out the karaoke machine once. There's kind of a lot of weird Japanese humor towards the end of the show. Personally, I found it a little off putting (Coby teaching Flame Convoy and the Minicons like he was a kindergarten teacher, wtf?)

And you don't need to learn Japanese, just download the fansubs from tv nihon.

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I like thier accents. To me it fits. I just keep expecting Metroplex to pick up a huge pole and throw it.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I agree! For some reason I found that accent fitting for these giant almost keltic (celtic?) warriors.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Celtic, yes.

I'm only disappointed that we haven't seen any Irish accents. I mean, I guess Quickmix and/or Menasor come close...

I'm pretty disappointed in Soundwave, though, I have to admit.

6. Zero Prime

Maybe Soundwave's voice will get better. I was impressed the firt time he spoke when he first introduced himself to Megatron.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This episode sort of ruined Soundwave for me, but made me really like the Giant Planet bot's.

As someone else brought up, Menasor, just doesnt sound all that Menacing, but very young, In fact Quick-Mix refers to him as 'Junior' I think twice, though it could be that Quick-Mix is just old aswell.

Really like the Giant planet guy's 'Stock Transforms' they make the figures look like they have a really complex transformation, Especially Metroplex.

I have to say, without the added Speach during the stock transforms, they just wouldnt be as cool.
    Metroplex's little speech was fairly cool, didnt see it coming anyway.
    Quick-Mix's was cool, with the threats towards Menasor.
    and Menasor's was just plain awesome, what with him going all evil and crazy.

Hooray for Giant Planet! may the release of your figures come swiftly!

8. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Owner of TF Rebellion.com

:lol 
    "If you're alien how come you sound like you're from the north?" ~Rose~
    "Lots of Planets have a North!" ~The Doctor~

9. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Actually, I thought Quickmix's was quite lame... at the end, it felt like he was just talking to take up time, which annoyed me... "Stop it Menasor, if you know what's good for you you'll stand down!" (with "stand down" sounding a lot like "stop it")... which may not be a direct quote, I'm going from memory and I've had a few beers... but as I recall, it's something like that.

However, that's for purpose of discussion, should it warrant any. I did actually like the episode. Quickmix's schpeal and Soundwave's lines were the only downers, I though. Soundwave LOOKS so badass. His voice is almost done right - and I think it WOULD HAVE BEEN right, were it not for those terrible terrible lines they made him say... :(  I mean, I love Cybertron mostly for its cheesiness, but this was going just a little too far. :( 

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

Fantastic, couldnt have been more appropriate, guess the same idea applies to Gigantion.

I think word for word, (with the episode playing right now) Quick-Mix's is
    'Menasor, you have to stop this, youre betraying your own people, Your own culture, And if you dont stop, then we have no choice but to stop you ourselves, it wont be pretty Menasor, SO STAND DOWN!'

And Menasor's is
    'Forget it, just step back old man, I'm sick of all yer' Daft rules that donnae make any sense, the time for those rules is long gone, Theyre old and outdated, just like you, were about to enter a new age, And I'm gonna be the one who leads this planet into it, so why dont I just take care of you, RIGHT NOW!'

So, at least they sort of flow into each other

(Yeah, I really had nothing better to do)

11. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Cybertron is probably the best dubbed show of the last 3 but, come on, every bot having a diffrent accent, kind of gets on my nerve, Soundwave sounded alright but not great, otherwise a lovable show IMO

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Irish/Scottish accents so so out of place.. I would have expected something more Brooklyn/Bronx construction worker-esqe..

Show is still good.. Just odd at times. Still leaps and bounds better than anything since RID..

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Because that is exactly correct. Menasor is young and misguided. He's naive and was easily tricked into helping the Decepticons.

14. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Soundwave rocks.

"He's driven cause he got served."

(ep 41, Fury)

15. Zero Prime

Soundwave was much better in Fury. I really like his attitude.