New Combiner speculation...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, i thought of this a few days ago, and thought it'd be cool, and now after seeing Android Prime's photo's we can see distinct fists on the back of Swindle and Brawl...

this got me to thinking that for repaint purposes, if Hasbro created 2 more Torso's and 4 more Limbs, you could have 2 more Combiners by swapping pairs of Limbs, or now even swapping positioning of the limbs...

How could would it be to see Swindle with a new head done in white and red for a new Defensor, along with Vortex and 2 new limbs and a new torso...

then maybe get Blast Off and Brawl repainted to be new characters, with another new torso and 2 other limbs... that'd be only 6 new figures, instead of 10 for new combiners, which would make it far more feasible...

does anyone else think that's a possibility?

[​IMG]

See Android Prime's thread here

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have no idea how the fists are connected to your line of thought, but I like the idea. I think one partial repaint would be the best we could hope for though, and honestly I think that's probably pushing it. But definitely a cool idea.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    New scramble-city / energon style mix-and-match combiners would make my pants small.

Though I'd rather see a Bruticus repaint and then some new combiner molds that are compatible.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, the new fists showing up just means you could have more variety... take Bruticus as we've seen him... the next combiner can then use Swindle as an arm, and Vortex as a leg, with 2 other new limbs, that way the profiles of the toys aren't still the same...

then you could also have a 3rd combiner with Brawl as an arm, and Blast Off as a leg, again with 2 new molds...

then you could have a 4th combiner with the main Onslaught torso, and the other 4 new limbs... and the possibilities can just keep going, depending on how many limbs and torso you make... the example above, to make 4 combiners, only uses 8 limbs and 3 torsos...

yeah, if they keep making more combiners, and learn from Bruticus, they could do some fantastic things... makes me thing of the difference between PCC Aerialbots (initial wave) and the Steamhammer and Grimstone molds towards the end of the line...

5. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I think the OP is meaning they've got Scramble City features - and that lead to thinking about mix n match combiners, as more economical & feasible than purely all-new moulds :) 

Interesting idea - personally not very taken with FOC Bruticus, but intrigued to see if they do find ways to put at least another combiner (that isn't a straight repaint) out with the mix n match method.

EDIT - ah beaten to it, now don't I look like a doofus :D 

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    don't feel like a doofus, it's all good...

7. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    Exactly, these 2 are already available to be First Aid and Blades.

I hadn't even thought about this method for more combiner, but it makes a lot of sense.
    The closest I'd though of was re-tooling Bruticus slightly to give us Computron ( a few new heads, and a drill bit for Nosecone). I posted a quick digibash in the fan art section to show this.

8. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do not like retools or repaints, it just seems lazy to me. I rather see original molds if more combiners are done

9. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Why does Swindle have two combiner hands? I don't see one for Brawl though and yes I enlarged the pic. :) 

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'd just be happy with the whole thing re-released in Protectobot colouration.

Blast Off / Groove is the only snag to my mind. Love me some Groove.

11. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Anyone see where Swindle's Bruticus fist is? 'Cause I sure don't.

12. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    I was thinking along the same lines, Lumpy. I think in one of the bajillion threads the idea has been brought up before. I think there is really something to this and gives an opportunity for more combiners.

To anyone else, does it look like in some pics that the connector port on blast off can be folded downard, giving the arm more shoulder and a better length? I also suspect Blast-Off's front might be able to separate in two where the connector sits to allow the same. That would give better arm proportions in my opinion. If not oh well, I am still digging this combiner.

After seeing that bck I can definitely see a 3rd Party upgrade that adds a proper launching platform onto Onslaught that then splits into a backpack and chestplate for Bruticus. That would add bulk to the torso and bring the whole figure into better proportion in my opinion. Might even something that can just be Shapewaysed.

13. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    If you look at the posted picture, right at the bottom, he has both a right and a left hand folded up.

14. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Ah. I thought he would have two-part fold out hands like everyone else