new combiner for the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, Apr 13, 2008.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

we all know that devastator will be in the new movie(or at least it will be confirm soon)so if they had to create a new combiner for autobot and decepticon in the second and future movies,what would you like like they would be and what would be his name?

ok,so 8 answers and nothing that concern the main subject in the thread,please forget devastator,menasor,superion,bruticus and any other combiner in the series and create a new one with new name,put yourself in the director's chair and try to find other ideas!simple no?

i dont know,something like a plasma screen,a dvd player,ps3,computer and a cell phone that combine in a small combiner call:communicator

be creative!

2. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    We don't know if its for certain, as Bay said he would be throwing out some red herrings in relation to the plot of the movie. Whilst Devastator would be awesome on the silver screen, he may just have been put out there to fool people.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devastator smells of red herring to me...

4. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is that what that smell is????? i thought it was onesock.....

idk that would be coolif devs was in the movie..... i just hope soundwave and/or blaster are in the movie

5. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

I don't think it would make since to leak a character of that size and emotion (devastator) for it to be untrue. Bay would take a serious hit from trans fans.

6. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Even if they did throw in a combiner they would have to change the name considering the fact that Devastator was allready used.

7. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    it better not be that POS crap mold that they reissued from energon to classics...that thing SUCKS....cannot even pose it have it stand on it's own ..damned thing swoons like a drunk lush in a bar....total POS.

we need combaticons....combaticons...combaticons.....the decepticons need to sweep out the big guns this time since their ranks got wiped out last movie....plus it would be a great tie in to G1 if they came looking for starscream(their creator).....

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Since Micheal Bay's hardly the authority on Transformers, let's wait and see what Hasbro decides on the name of the combiner.
    Brawl is dead, and by Bumblebee, and hand full of marines no less...hopefully the real Devastator will take the spot light.

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Will if anyother combinder group it has too be an autobot combinding group I rather see Superion

10. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

The only combiner that matters is Devastator. Unfortunately Bay blew that chance by using the names "Bonecrusher" and "Devastator" in the first movie.

I imagine that even if they do a combiner for the sequel, it'll be something entirely new. People seem to have already forgotten how different the Bayformers are. I'll guarantee that anything they come up with won't just be 5 or 6 guys clicking together, and more than likely, it'll be very insectoid looking.

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm not holding my breath for any combiners.

12. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Tripredicus!

13. O_Prime05

O_Prime05 Katsohiten Prime

I hope they toss in a combiner for the movie, but the CG logistics might be too much for them to handle. If I remember correctly the reason there wasn't a lot of Autobots and Decepticons in the first movie was because of the time it took to build all of them. So let's hope that this time around they have more people working on the project so they can get more bots into the movie. I'm hoping for something as big as a Combiner in the movie, but I'm not gonna be uber-disappointed if there isn't one.

14. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Bay did say that there would be a lot more robots in the second film. I think that they could probably task a small team to specifically create a combiner.

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

They WILL screw it up...

16. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

If there is combiner in the movie it will likely be five-three bot combiner just because of the shear complexity it would require CGI-wise, and still have something that could be made into a toy. So the Bonecrusher thing's not really an issue. Even if they do go for a full six-member combiner, there’s no reason that they couldn’t just make up a new name for the sixth member.

As for the Devastator name issue, it could just be that the combined form won't actually be named it the movie itself, just in the end credits. Or maybe it could be a "Project: Devastator" thing that the Decepticons are working on.

Who knows?

17. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    ah Frak devastator. I'd rather see Bruticus. His components (the combaticons) make a lot more sense in the bayformers universe. They're strong symbols of power and don't give two craps about hiding, just like the decepticons in the last one. Although they may need to change the alt form of blastoff and the name of brawl. Still I think that would be a much cooler combiner.

18. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I would love to see Superion for the Autobots, being made out of Jets and such he would be HUGE. And awesome.

With Devastator, I don't know how they would pull him off, as they would want to make toys of his components that combine into Devastator, right? But I can't see how the classic Devastator image of alt modes forming the limbs and only one or two robots having to form the body in a different way, in other words having a third transformation, fitting into the Bayformers universe. I see Devastator in the movie as a mass of metal conformed into a huge robot, with none of the smaller robots distinguishable.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Do you really think Bay cares?????He took plenty of hits when the pic's of Prime with flames leeked or when it was anounced that Bumblebee was not going to be a VW bug.......This is right up his ally.

I dont think that Hasbro has the final say on character names.Just look at the Deverstator/Brawl debacle.

I dont believe for an inteance that cover story that it was a mistake when Bay has said him self that he liked the name Deverstator better in the first place.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i could see a combiner used in the movies but not the traditional 5-6 robots.
    Maybe 3 vehicles total.One for the body and legs and the other 2 for the arms.That way mass shifting shouldn't be a issue.And dont use devastator just use Constructicons or a different name altogether.