New Collectors' Club newsletter has properly-TFed pics of Titanium Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Obviously, no scans allowed, so a bit of a description--

Robot Mode-- No kibble behind the head at all. This is definitely NOT War Within Megatron or any other previous version. Nice, worn paint job, excellent proportions, "fed up" look on his face. Looks like he has full articulation except in the waist and maybe some restricted shoulder articulation.

Vehicle Mode-- Somewhat realistic tank mode, excellent turret detailing, but abit too boxy and the treads just sort of disappear towards the front of the vehicle. Transformation looks pretty simple-- from robot mode, it looks like you push the head in, bring the turret halves which form his shoulders behind his back and tuck the lower arms into them, and then split the waist in half and swing up the legs so that they are connecting to the sides of the main body, then flip in the feet.

2. Sepultron

Sepultron .

How about the knees? The pics from Toyfair made it look as if the legs were one solid piece from waist to feet.

3. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    He has one knee bending a little in the picture, so yup.

4. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Cool. Any word on an approximate release date?

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Don already confirmed that a few weeks ago.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, we've seen the figure at Toyfair... Kinda doesn't make sense that they'd still prohibit the scans on him...

But rules are rules and I can also see some other parts of the magazine "accidentally" scanned and posted as well... SO NO SCANS!!!

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Can't wait for my newsletter to show up- I'm really looking forward to that figure, and there haven't really been any good photos of him yet.

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No scans from the magazine allowed in any way.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OoOoh I wanna see it...

10. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Oh, and this issue's comic= FANTASTIC. Lots of great backstory, and we actually find out how the Universe line ended. (Kinda anti-climactic, but an ending nonetheless, and a great tie-in to Cybertron.)

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    I would assume that the pic of Megs might be the same Hasbro stock photo also used on the back of the packaging of the 6" Optimus Prime figure we saw from the Australian Toy Fair.

I mean, the pics from the last Club "news" page (BWX Primal and Megs, Alt Mirage, Cybertron Cannonball) all ended up being used for online store preorder pages.

12. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Yup, robot mode pic is the same, though obviously bigger and a full-body shot. Vehicle mode pic I don't believe has been seen anywhere, though.

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Oooh, the first shot I have at tracking down TFCC scans without an issue of my own coming into my hands later. I feel so dirty.

Megatron sounds like a winner compared to what we got to see at Toy Fair, but I wasn't really in doubt compared to our fantastic unintended previews of Jetfire and Thundercracker. So yeah, I'll probably scoop him up as soon as he's on the shelves with Prime.

You know, it does suck that the comic sounds really cool only after I don't renew. It's a nuisance that poeple never seem to post spoilers for it anymore. There was that one guy who always reviewed it along with the rest of the issue, but not recently.

14. Spark

Spark General Electric

What're the special features for this issue? Oh, and what's on the fan art page this time?

15. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    - Quick look at "Autobot Flamewar" factory mishap Fun Publications got before the final production piece was made. All it is is just Flamewar with an Autobot symbol on her chest, not really sure why it deserved any mention, but at least it's a short half-page article.

-HASBRO: The Shape of What's to Come-- high-res, big pics of Titanium Prime and Megatron in both modes, plus smaller pics of Cybertron Primus and Metroplex who we're already pretty familiar with.

--"Road map to TF Universe preview"-- a bit of a hint at what's to come in the next issue, where Greg Sepelak (M Sipher) will explain (or at least attempt to) and put together the Transformers Multiverse. Includes very cool diagram of how the different TF continuities fit together.

--Detailed "Cybertron" RiD Prime and Magnus bios.

--Another "Big Adventures of Lil' Jerry" mini-comic.

--Beast Wars II: Niagara Play set review by Alvarez.

--Art Gallery page. Since you wanted details, there's a pic of G1 Soundwave by Thomas Deer, Cybertron Landmine by Kyle Smith, G1 Hot Rod by Jochimus, Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy by Maximus Primal, Minicon Payload by Matty Boy Anderson, and Optimus Prime's Return by Brad Matthews.

*MINOR SPOILERS*
    --Best newsletter comic by a furlong so far, with a lot of backstory given, such as the conclusion to the Universe line, a hint at Downshift's upgrade to his Cybertron version, something weird happening to Skyfall, cameo appearances by a ton of Universe toys (including a cancelled Rhinox repaint? Either that, or he's consistently miscolored) and BW 10th Primal, an explanation for RID Prime and Magnus' appearance, and even a hint at something that happened in the DW Energon comic after it was cancelled. And yes, it's all plausible, and yes, it doesn't feel rushed. Oh, and it looks like Cybertron Soundwave will be making an appearance in the comic shortly...

16. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Sipher's been working on this for more than a year. This appears to be the last version he posted online.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Sounds cool enough to me. I like that he's a new design Megatron that still feels like Megatron. I guess a lot of that has to do with the head.

18. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Saw pics. Vehicle mode is impressive. Robot mode still lacks, but nothing like the pictures from Toy Fair.

Still...I think I will purchase him.

19. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Has Hasbro ever said why 6" Titanium Megatron is so much different than WW Megatron while the other 6" Titanium figures (prime, starscream, jetfire) have a good portion of their design based on their WW designs? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Purely speculative guessing on my part, but maybe Don's WW Megatron comic design didn't translate as easily to a toy as others did, or at least not a toy of the size/price point of the Titaniums.