New Club exclusives to non-members

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Bryan, May 23, 2008.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Got all the interest I can respond to for now.

I'll open it back up later if I can.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    what you have?

3. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you mean piranacons and that stuff when do they come out

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The ability to be PMed, guy. :D 
    Seriously? It's not a news thread, it's a "For Sale" thread.

Check the front page.

5. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that you meant "I'm getting blank amount of the piranacon set and I'm reselling"

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Okay, once more with feeling.

7. First Gen

First Gen I AM

News Credits:
    Okay, so what club exclusives are you selling?

lol j/k , cool of you to hook people up.

8. GrantB

GrantB Pic so old

News Credits:
    Seriously? There's demand for this?

The cheap club membership is only $40 (and you get a toy you can resell for at least $10-$15). And the exclusives are pricey, so it's not like the non-member buyer is poor to begin with. The membership pays itself back if the member goes to BotCon.

I'm not knocking you, squirrelcar, but I'm curious what your angle is. If your reshipping fee truly is small, then the profit can't be worth the time spent to handle this. Is it reward enough just to be "the cool [?] guy who hooks non-members up"?

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Angle?

Jesus, guy. Look through my feedback, per my OP. I like helping folks out. There's no profit.

And you can crack on the cool guy thing, but it's been a long time since I've needed to be liked by...well, hell, anybody. I appreciate what many members of this board give to the fan community. I like to give back, and exclusives (in general, I live in a metro area with multiple TRUs, Targets, etc.) is one way I can.

10. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Well *I* for one appreciate the sentiment of what you're doing.

And if the member exclusives weren't gaudy, overpriced repaints, I'd be all over them. :lolol 

11. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

I think he's trying to help out people without a membership, I would appreciate rather than judging. Thumbs up!

12. jbc30

jbc30 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    squirrelcar has done this for people before, picking up exclusives for people that they could not get, and just charging the shipping. He charged cost plus shipping. We need more people like this on the boards.

13. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, he is legit. He got me my Astrotrain before I was in the club.

I gotta say, I was so impressed with the Packing, figure and headsculpt I ended up joining the club. But Squirrelcar hooked it up for me.

If you want one of the items but not to pay the 40$ then he is the man to talk to.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As do I, bravo!:thumbs2: 

15. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Yep...very cool...pm'd

16. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    first off, thank you for the offer. ill be looking through the club store and take full advantage of your generous offer.

now, is it much too difficult to comprehend that someone would help just because he can. it is rather sad when people automatically pressume the worst in others.

17. GrantB

GrantB Pic so old

News Credits:
    You guys are missing my key point: Why not join the club to get club exclusives? I outlined why I didn't think it was that costly (unless you're out of USA), plus you only need to pay for shipping once, but none of you guys addressed that part of my post.

When I said I didn't mean to knock squirrelcar, I really meant it (even though I kinda snarked up the rest of the paragraph). Store exclusives are a pain in the butt, and it's totally awesome that squirrelcar helps out with store exclusives. As someone who had a hell of a time hunting down Wal-mart's MP Starscream, I totally appreciate squirrelcar's efforts. I'm not presuming the worst; I just honestly can't comprehend the demand for his service with club exclusives.

So, sorry to squirrelcar that my previous post was interpreted to be insulting; I didn't mean for that. My attempt at humor failed hard, I guess.

But the rest of you guys, please, explain to me why you can't/won't just join the club for these.

18. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

With all the people trashing FP, the publications, the exclusives, the costs and everything else about the club in the other threads I could probably see how some people are wary about joining... Which is unfortunate as it appears ever since 2007 botcon there have been some people with an axe to grind.

Maybe getting one of these exclusives will convince them to join the club.

19. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Why not join the Club? Well, not all of us have 40$ to blow on the dubious honor of claiming a year's membership, and getting a crappy scout figure for our efforts. Oh, and the privilege of buying even more hideous figures at astronomical prices. Hold me back.

That said, I can sort of understand the relative value of wishing to buy Seacons for 119$, as opposed to 159$. (Though the far more aesthetically appealing God Neptune set can be had for cheaper than either.)

And as nkelsch says, let's not forget about the whole rotten botcon debacle that seems to grow ever more rancid every year, further dividing the Collector/Scalper caste from the Dedicated Fans who always get the short shrift. As someone pointed out during the whole 2007 "Seeker" debacle, It's the everyday fans who buy the mass market figures at retail price points that make the profitable continuation of the entire toy line possible.

I'm not willing to join, much less PAY to join, any organization that freely puts the screws to the fans at every opportunity in order to turn a profit, under the guise of magnanimous intentions. Thanks but no thanks.

20. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a mod, but what the hell

3. This is not a discussion forum.
    The Junkion Exchange is not a place for discussion or to post random and negative comments. Any posts of that nature will be removed. You may ask questions about the items for sale/trade, but nothing more.

I for one will keep you in mind in case I ever decide I want to try to get the club combiners or something else that may come along eventually.