New Classes In War For Cybertron 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by fatesmagic, Aug 27, 2011.

1. fatesmagic

fatesmagic Tengen Toppa Megatron

When WfC2 comes out, what new kinds of classes would you like to see? Characters, abilities, weapons, etc?

Here's for me.

GUNSHIP CLASS
    Springer, Whirl, Sandstorm, Blackout, Vortex
    Weapons: Flamethrower, Non-sticky grenade launcher, Pulse rifle, Assault Rifle
    Melee: Spear
    Abilities: Homing (3 second instant-headshots), Ammo sapper, Assistance (alerts teammates), Force Field (keeps enemies from getting to far away from you for a short while)

MOTORCYCLE CLASS
    Groove, Wreck-Gar, Rampage, Ransack, Oil Slick
    Weapons: Nail Gun (low damage, bleed-effect), Scatter Blaster, Lava Gun (like energon ray, more damage/lower ammo), Air Blaster (low damage, moves enemy away)
    Melee: Knives
    Abilites: Cloaking, Disguise, Sprint Boost, Reflection (still takes damage, but bullets bounce off, possibly hitting other nearbye enemies)

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The thing is, both these classes seem way overpowered. Cloaking AND disguise for Motorcycle class? Also, less people would play with Scout and Scientist then, because Motorcycles havetheir unique abilities. The abilities for both classes are also overpowering. 3 second headshots? As fun as that would be, if Gunship class picks up a Null Ray, you're screwed. Overall, nice ideas, and I'd really like them, but too overpowering. And 6 classes would make you take ages to Prime, if it takes as long as WFC.

3. fatesmagic

I've been trying to think of ways to hinder them. I mean, people would still play with Scouts and Scientists because thos moved abilities would be replaced with others. And the Motorcycles are supposed to have very, very little health.

As for the Gunships, the 3-second headshots only work if the crosshairs are red, identifying them as enmies. The Null Ray has a lot of trouble with aiming from the hip. And the only way to make a tank more vulnarable in vehicle mode is too make them floating through the air.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

How about for motorcycles instead of cloaking and disguise, Flurry and Rapid Fire. For Flurry you bring out your knives and swing them rapidly while dodging around enemies, and for Rapid Fire you fire faster and also have a lock-on.

5. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I dont think there should be classes at all..i think that each character should have abilities and weapons specific only to him/her, that can be levelled up...that would make it a huge game!

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    So ROTF? I love high moon, but the way they handled the characters was pretty generic. Luxoflux actually made the TFs feel pretty unique, hell, the Skywarp expy even had a legitimate teleport.

7. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. That'd be like adding another class to TF2. There is already a good balance, adding another class would ruin the delicate balance.

8. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    new classes

I,d like to see a triple changer class, although for life of me I can't think of any triple changer Autobots.

It could work like this, you have Blitzwing for example, in jet mode he would be slower and bigger than the seekers and in tank mode he would be smaller and fast the the other tanks. as for his energon level it could be done in 2 ways. 1 he would have different levels depending on what form he is in, ie he would have 4 bars as a jet, and 5 as a tank or a bot. 2 and this would be the most likely way they would do it ( at least of the ways I've thought of) his energon level would be the same in all modes, most likely at 5 bars.

I'd also like to see a class between the scoout and leader classes for those bots that don't fit into either like Kup. at the very least I want them to make characters like Sideswipe, Jazz, and Wheeljack noticablly larger than Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. Like the way they made Arcee very noticablly taller.

9. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd also don't think that there should be class specific weapons, and at least some of the ablities should be available to multile classes, maybe not all abilities for all classes. But lets say cloaking and disguise for both scout and scientist classes, and energon barrier for leader and solider classes.

10. Star 56

Star 56 Active Member

It is a good idea to share the abbilitys but the coak is unique to the scout and giving it to the scientest would mkae it way to overpowerd as it already has the Shockwave abbilty. People would just cloak fly around in jet mode then just come up beside you and shockwave you without you even noticing them.

Well I would like to see new classes I think it would make it to hard to manage. as each class supports each other in diffrent ways the leader has warcry and the energon barrier, Scouts are kind the go around and weaken everbody and mark there psotitons, Scientists are the support classes with the turret repair ray heal gernades. Soliders have ammo beacons and are the brutes that will be up more in the front.

Adding another class I feel would not be neccesairy as there is a good balance and option of support between the classes. I would like to see some new Skins to play as thogh but those will alreday be coming

11. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Bigger does not make better. There's a reason High Moon made vehicle modes, weapons, and vehicles specific to each class. Balance: Imagine, if you will, a soldier that could cloak/disguise and had fusion cannon/null ray combo. See how unfair that would be? Plus it would ruin the team based aspect. Without that we'd have people run off and go lone-wolf. You want this to turn into COD?

For the OP: good ideas, but like other's said their overpowered. Maybe they should have Motorcycle and gunship classes be subsets of scout and scientists. Hell, they could introduce 2 more vehicles also if they did that for soldier and leader classes.

12. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

Springer and Sandstorm are both triple changers

13. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They definately need too make more customization. I would lIke to see a Halo Reach style customization system for the look of each multi player bot and a MUCH broader color palet.

14. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, like I said I couldn't remember any autobots. Springer was a helicopter and ???

15. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    About the abilities I at least partially agree with you, but when it comes to the weapons I think they should be able to be equiped by any class. I say this because imo no one weapon is overpowered, the really powerful weapons are also really slow.
    As for abilities I think at some of the abilities should be shared among classes. For example, cloaking and disguise being shared by both scout and scientist or whirlwind being shared by leader and solider classes.

16. RGZ Archer

RGZ Archer Well-Known Member

A car of some sort, looked pretty cool. There is also Skylinx who was a triple changer and an Autobot.

How about this for a new Class

Battlemaster Class

Grimlock, Rampage

Weapons: Double barrel Ion Rifle (Ion rifle fires two shots at once with full auto fire), EMP Scatterblaster (Scatterbaster with improved damage), Scrapmaster (think dual Scrapmakers) Missile Launcher

Melee: Two handed sword

Abilities: Battlecry, Dash, Overshield, Whirlwind

Note: Can only carry one weapon to balance out otherwise broken level of awesom. A hybrid of the warrior and leader class with combined strenghts and weaknesses of both. While overpowered in some ways the limit of only being able to carry one weapon does hamper them, in addition to high ammo consumption.

17. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

but you could do that already with the disguise, i once got a triple kill by doing that on a bridge... was hilarious :lol 

heck the whole thing i did with a scientist was fly over the enemy whilst disguised, drop down behind someone, blast them with ma shotgun and if they survived shockwave finish the job and bail to the nearest cube go back in :)  with cloak it'd be easier i guess...

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    How about:

Triple-changers
    Who: Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Octane (Cons) Springer, Sandstorm, and Skylynx.
    Weapons: EMP Shotgun, Battle pistol, Cosmic Rust cannon, and EMP grenades.
    Abilities: Cloak, Shockwave, and circut disruption. (Anything in a 30-foot range would become confused.)

Fembots
    Who: ShadowStriker, Slipstream, Antagony (Cons) Arcee, Elita-1, and Chromia. (Bots)
    Wepons: The chaingun, (Name slips my head) battle pistol, healing grenades.
    Abilities: Dash, Disuise, and (Yeah, I'm going to say it) seduction. (Can manipulate any male soldier.)

Chemical experts
    Who: OilSlick, Mixmaster, Acid Storm (Cons) Wheeljack, Perceptor, Glyph. (Bots)
    Wepons: Rocket launcher, viles of chemicals, EMP Shotgun
    Abilities: Infection, Cloak, and Dash.

Well, that's all I got.

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    How about:

- a good customisation system
    - a good transformation system where pieces of metal don't explode and form to make a robot or where it goes vehicle> ball of metal> robot
    - logical weapon balancing and not nerfing weapons because people moan (I'm looking at you Null ray with 2 shots needed for a headshot).
    - better hit-detection (whirlwind's sphere of damage)
    -a better melee system (why copy CoD? Why not copy ROTF?)

Heck just redo the unoriginal and uninspiring multiplayer. Now the game is fun but it's obvious that they looked at CoD when it came to some gameplay features probably because it's the hottest shooter on the market and that really killed the game.

If anything I would have like an original MP experience like ROTF (which was so good that I re-bought the game) or something like Gears of War. But I prefer original experiences. That is why games like Tron Evolution intrigue me. What the difference between WfC's MP and Crysis 2 that is in my collection?

20. fatesmagic

Thak you for this. The thread is about what new classes there should be, not if there should be any.