New Cinefex feature on movie TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by LemonPrime, Sep 30, 2007.

1. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I stopped by Barnes & Noble today and saw the newest issue of Cinefex (#111). It has an amazing closeup of Prime on the cover. There's a HUGE article on the CGI and other effects created for the movie as well as some nice pictures/film stills. There's some stuff we've seen/heard before like the wire-frame Bonecrusher vs. OP scene, but also a good amount of new insight into the process of creating all the bots. For example, some of the designers/animators talk about Mountain Dew-bot and X-bot being added almost last minute and therefore being created in just 4 weeks. They also talk about some of the practical effects such as the Frenzy puppet, Bumblebee mock-up and a Scorponok puppet (head and tail segments). Just a warning though, some parts are pretty technical since they talk about the various tools and techniques used by ILM and Digital Domain. Check it out if you get a chance!

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    That pic of Primes head looks good, but not $12.50 good. looks like I'll have to stop in at B&N and check it out in person. That's a lot of dough for a magazine.

3. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a technical magazine CineFex, but they do go into amazing depth on the movie effects they cover. Pricey yes, but it's a great read if you want that kind of detail.

Buy the issue at http://www.cinefex.com/backissues/issue111.html

4. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I wonder where all the other "making of" books are

5. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

somebody get it and post some scans