1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

They told us a new characters will join both factions, Wheeljack for the Autobots and Dreadwing for the Decepticons, questions is are they the only 2 characters were getting for this season?

2. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    We don't know what the creators have planned, there could be more characters arriving for this season. At Botcon I think there was this picture of a TF Prime Prowl, so he'll probably join the Autobots.

3. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the Prowl and Barricade images were for the online game they're working on, so dunno if they'd show up in the series, although Barricade would be well appreciated =D

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Prowl and Barricade are indeed for the online game.

It's a bit dissapointing (though it has a real world explanation with the budget) that the two new additions to the regular cast aren't new. Dreadwing's a Skyquake repaint (explained by being his twin brother), and Wheeljack we've seen before. But obviously they won't let those models go to waste. But, I understand it.

5. tinspider

tinspider Well-Known Member

This whole budget thing is bull. They could easily create other models. The team behind Clone Wars manage it OK.

I know this from experience as I'm a 3d Modeller / Animator and I'm expected to turn out several different characters and animate them in a matter of weeks - you telling me a whole team can't do this? It's not like the models are super complicated. The mouth morph targets (used for lip sync) aren't too great in Prime (lots of wierd folds where the polys aren't quite right for the movement) so the models must have been knocked out quite quickly.

The only other budget restraint would be casting but I'm sure they could get round that. The new characters don't have to say that much - just look at Baldwins involvement. He hardly has any lines for a full season and yet his character has appeared in a couple of eps and stayed silent.

6. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Lucasfilm (the animators for Clone Wars) have millions if not billions of dollars at their disposal. Hasbro doesn't have nearly as much.

7. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    If they end up using an other model that was used before......I'll be ok with it. It would be a let down....but I would be ok with that let down.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Well the Insecticon that appeared in the Crossfire Promo COULD be a new character.

At least I hope so.

9. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

I thought there were plans to introduce Dinobots in the 2nd season or am i just staring blind at this :D 

Transformers: PrimeIt has been rumored that the Dinobots may appear in the second season.[12] Members include:

Grimlock - Mechanical Tyrannosaurus
    Slug - Mechanical Triceratops
    Sludge - Mechanical Apatosaurus
    Snarl - Mechanical Stegosaurus
    Swoop - Mechanical Pteranodon

I know, it's Wikipedia ;) 

10. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant see the creators of this show not adding more characters to each faction the would lose viewers if all we are the same bots and cons.

11. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If models are a concern, perhaps they shouldn;t be killing them off so quickly. I do think additional characters is something I like. It was great in BW it keeps the cast evolving.

12. tinspider

tinspider Well-Known Member

LOL! Sure about that? Hasbro aren't too poor due to several box office smash hits - oh, and the little fact they are one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world. I believe their net worth is around 3.8 billion. Lucasfilm is around 3.6 billion.

But you don't millions at your disposal to add a few extra characters.

Even if the staff working on Prime are stretched to their limit you could still outsource and get a fully rigged and ready to animate hi-detail character for around $500 - $1000.

Budget really isn't an issue where models are concerned. It would be the talent but if you got proper voice artists in that can do several different voices (like they used to in the 80's) then job done. These guys usually charge per day (or have done in my experience)

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Star Wars gets a much larger percentage of Lucasfilm $$$ compared to Hasbros needing to dole it out to dozens of brands.

Also, Lucas film is dedicated to entertainment projects. Hasbro is mainly a toy company.

14. Blitzwing21

Blitzwing21 Well-Known Member

So far 6 episodes in we have 2 new additions to the cast: Insecticon and Dreadwing. I believe there will be 26 episodes in the season and given that Hasbro want to sell more toys, more new characters are a certainty. Personally, I would have preferred it if had at least another new character or 2 revealed at this point but what are you gonna do? Maybe at Botcon we can find out how many new bots will be in Season 2, but for now nothing to do but wait. From the upcoming episode descriptions it does not sound like we will be getting any new characters so I am kind of pissed off about that....

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well considering we have seen toys for Kup (and told he is a remold for Ironhide), Rumble & Hot Shot, I'd say they might be showing up. Although Hot Shot is a repaint, lessening his chances.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    The cast is supposed to double this season according to what they said at a con.

17. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I assume Dead End will show up at some point. Rumble might as well

I'd love to see Hot Shot too

Ironhide seems unlikely since they said that they had no plans to bring him in yet. Kup may still have a chance however

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

This seems highly unlikely. I give Hasbro props for stretching their dollar via CGI model re-use like with Dreadwing, but there is only so much of that you can get away with before fans (and even kids for that matter) begin to cry fowl. Doubling the cast though (I assume you mean spread across both factions?) would require quite the investment in new CGI models, and given the often shoestring budget animated programs operate on I doubt we'll see but a modest small handful of newbies.

I know many of us have come up with character wish lists, but I'm starting to feel like level setting expectations is more in order. Given that 'Jackie' is back and Dreadwing is essentially Skyquake redone, it feels like we're more apt to see existing CGI model variations like a Hot Shot and similar before brand new models are peppered liberally throughout Season 2.

Just trying to keep it real since it appears Hasbro- although thrilling us in the story department- are being very stingy with new characters this season.

19. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I only know that they said that at...NYCC I think it was. It's also possible they included the Quints and Humans in that so we're looking at three or four new faces for both the Bots and Cons.

20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    they should definitely add the combiners from the MMO