New characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by king of cons, Mar 5, 2011.

1. king of cons

king of cons movie bot

What role in movie 3 do you think the new characters will play? Will they be a hi and die role, has no real role other than to fire their guns randomly or an actual part in the movie where they say somthing. Just asking.

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    The Wreckers will wreck stuff. :dunce 

Seriously though we know that "Q" is the inventor so some new equipment for the Autobots will come around. Not sure on what the Dreads will do I suspect bring pain to humans. Shockwave probably brings an army to Earth to help Megatron. Not sure what the Farreri will do though.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, most of the new Decepticons are probably going to end up this way.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I have feeling the Ferrari will have about as much of a role as Sideswipe and Ratchet, and that the Inventor will have some decent dialogue but not alot of fighting. I bet the Wreckers show up at about the same time as Sentinel, and that they mainly just play a part in a fight scene or two.

My bet is that the Dreads serve as henchmen for Megatron or Shockwave and do dirty work such as scouting and a bit of fighting, but I bet they either can't speak English or they speak like Rampage. I bet the Superfund Truck has a role like Brawl; he shows up to fight in the final battle and dies. I have a feeling that Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave and Soundwave have decent roles though.

So, in categories of importance, these are my bets.

Primary Robots: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Shockwave, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime.

Secondary Robots: Starscream, Ironhide, "Wheeljack", Soundwave, Dreads, Ratchet, Ferrari, Sideswipe.

Minor Robots: Twins, Superfund Truck, Wreckers, and Decepticon drones.

5. Barricade24

News Credits:
    Since we know Soundwave is on the battlefield what do you suppose he will do in the film? Besides fight.

6. AutobotSkids

Actually, I've been thinking that Soundwave just might be the Superfund truck, in which case, the truck would play a bigger role. But I'm not going to assume that until we get confirmation.

But, I believe that he'll spend most of his screen time talking with Megatron and spying, and do abit of fighting with an Autobot in the final battle.

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm thinking that Sideswipe and Ferrari Boy will be this movie's Skids and Mudflap (as in those guys flanking Bumblebee, not as in the idiot characters).

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Optimus and Ironhide are supposed to go to the moon to bring Sentinel back online, right? Well that got me thinking: if Soundwave is still orbiting Earth, maybe he sees them going to the moon, and pursuits after them to spy. When Sentinel, Optimus, and Ironhide go back to Earth, this could probably be how Soundwave ends up on the battlefield. But then again, I heard that Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave are in Africa during the beginning.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Wait. Soundwave can't be in the final battle, he can't fight! No wepons.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I hope it's not just characters showing up just to get killed off. It seems to be a trend with the movie Decepticons so I'm not sure if the production team can break this trend or not. Maybe the new Autobots will fare a bit better with at least maybe a few lines somewhere.

Oh course I hope with new robots we don't end up with another case of some of the older robots not getting to do much. After taking on a squad of American jets in the first film it really didn't feel like Starscream was much of a fighter in the second film. Characters like Ratchet seemed to have been taking a back seat as well.

11. Barricade24

News Credits:
    Thats what I think too. I suspect that he is that Superfund truck we have seen sense they are kind of the same color but only time will tell.

12. AutobotSkids

I agree, I'd like to see some Cons take control for a bit and atleast do a decent amount of damage to the Autobots. The thing is, it's the last movie. I honestly have no doubt in my mind that all of the Decepticons are going to be wiped out or gone by the end of the movie.

It would be nice for some Autobots to die too, some non-sacrificial deaths though, I want a Bot to die at a Con's hands. I have a feeling that Ironhide, Sentinel Prime, and a Wrecker (My bet is Leadfoot) will bite it in the end.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's the last movie and it's a big budget summer film so that means it's almost mandated that the heroes win and win big.

But winning doesn't mean that it has to look like a forgone conclusion or easy. The humans won in Aliens 2, but until that airlock closed it didn't look like they would win. Or The Dark Knight makes it look like a win because The Joker was stopped but when you start adding things up maybe Batman still lost even though he saved so many people.

Thus I've got my fingers crossed that Dark of the Moon can make it feel like the heroes aren't going to win even though the part of my brain that understands the business of movies knows the heroes will win. If the tension and excitement is there right until the end then that is more important than the actual ending.

14. king of cons

king of cons movie bot

I would think he would stay back next to Megatron like Pyro and Magneto in X-Men 3 but will then charge out at Megatrons command on first sight of the wreckers.

15. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the Ferrari is gonna have an important role

16. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    I think Soundwave will be the Superfund truck as well the color fits him, but since he is getting a human alliance figure, and none of which has been bigger than a car, so that leaves me with some uncertainty. I forgot who, but someone suggested that Soundwave would be the red Ferrari as a spy. However unlikely, I'd be pretty pumped to see that.