New channel for next TF show?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Apr 27, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    After failing the proper promoting for Animated as well as the three animes before it, I think Hasbro should look to another channel where they can properly treat the next TF show the way Beast Wars and Beast Machines were treated.
    What channel d you think is up to this task?
    Disney (XD)? Nick(toons)? ABC Family? Or the last resort: CW4Kids?

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

As Kramer once said, "Straight to video."

3. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I see Disney XD and ABC Family doing exactly what CN is doing: shuffle the heck out of the show and end up burying it where its target audience is not likely to care. As far as Time-Warner (which owns CN) and Disney are probably concerned, Transformers isn't THEIR property/brand and therefore they probably couldn't care less what happens to it when they can always repeat episodes of homegrown hits like Ben 10 or Kim Possible.

In terms of promotion, Nickelodeon sounds like the best bet, since they're also no slouches in plastering their shows all over your local toy store aisles, AND since they're owned by Viacom, which owns Paramount, which distributes the live-action TF movies.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd say Nick Toons is the best bet.

So far the network has done really good by both Wolverine and the X-Men and the new Iron Man series giving them prime time slots on Friday nights and giving them plenty of showings so you can catch it if you missed one of the showings of it.

Cartoon Network, I just don't see them ever giving Transformers one of the prime spots on Friday night so if Transformers is going to get better time slots and more showing I think they will have to make the move over to Nick. The way Cartoon Network acts these days I doubt they would even miss Transformers.

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

What if there isn't another cartoon until after their done milking the movies?

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say make it hard core, and put it on Sci-Fi. Oh, I mean SyFy.

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

They should go Direct To Video. I'm tired of the networks screwing around with the fans. :mad 

8. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

The Sci-Fi channel sucks, haha. only thing worth watching on that channel is Gurren Lagann.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bravo.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nick.

They seem to love even their worst shows.

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'd have to go with Nick as well. They've done a lot better by their cartoons then anything CN can do. Even Clone Wars is a pain in the ass to find if you miss the initial episode. And not only do they promote their shows better, but generally speaking, anything made for Nick has high production value and overall quality. Even if the show's content isn't all that great, the show itself is made well and heavily promoted.

It's time for Hasbro to ditch Cartoon Network once and for all, nothing good has come from their partnership as no Transformers show ever stays at one timeslot long enough to be watchable. And with no replays or syndication, it's like the shows barely exist.

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    First of all, Nick migh automatically put the next TF show to NickToons due to it's main channel having only Spongebob, the unecessar lame Penguins of Madagascar,Fairly OP's, Not-so Mighty Bee, and the lame Cows show. And let's not forget all th Disne channel wannabe specials and shows.
    I think it should return to a non-cable/dish channel. The only true cartoon block which that would be is the neglected spawn of Kids WB and Fox Kids: The CW4Kids.

I know know. The shows there are mostly video/card game-centric. All but one. Which on you say. TMNT 2003. Like Transformers, it's a franchise from the 80's. Guess what else? Some writers from Animated including Marty Isenberg as well as Susan Blu, voice director for the original TMNT and TF:Animated, all worked on that show. For it's full run, TMNT 2003 had loads of promotion and good time slots. Now that it is officially over, I think 4Kids might search for another 80's cartoon revamp to give it similar treatment to TMNT 2003. In fact, I think Animated could've been on CW4Kids and 4kids would treat it the way it deserves.

How about it, folks?

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Unless that show is Invader Zim.Because, you know, Butt Ugly Martians was such a superior bit of product they needed to jack Vasquez over for it, ensuring he will never work with a TV network again.

Nick would also likely force them to crank down the maturity level. No one gets to die in Wolverine's Wolveriney Adventures of the W-Men. Not even in a Wendigo episode.

No, no I'm not liking that show too much, why do you ask? The character is overexposed to the point of being a nuisance, in my opinion. They've also fallen to the "everyone has to be a mutant" syndrome. I watched an episode wherein Nitro was a misunderstood mutant with uncontrollable powers and portrayed sympathetically. Nitro. A mainstream mass-murderer who is also a mutate.

Also "Days of Future Past" has been done to death. There's no new ground they seem to want to tread anymore. X-Men was a lot more interesting pre-Decimation, when they explored the ideas of mutants as an emerging sub-culture, with their own music, art, and so on, while still dealing with prejudice and (occasionally very justified) fear by the government and some of the population.

Yes, we all know what Stephen Blum sounds like now. It's not as if he differentiates his character voices anymore. Logan sounds like Spike, sounds like Roger Smith. He's a good voice actor, but that's a problem. I think he did a lot better in Megas XLR as Jamie.

It's like a perfect storm of things that I dislike about X-men cartoons. I've stopped watching it.

- Coeloptera

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Have you seen the whole season? If not, spoilers ahoy...

Season 2= Age of Apoclypse (finally done in animation)

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

TMNT was a diamond in the rough, a stand out show in a sea of mediocrity. While 4kids may be improving, the fact that they're barely able to fill a single block of saturday morning cartoons with something that isn't the next card-game Anime kills any desire for them to get Transformers in my eyes.

Since when does anyone die in cartoons? Seriously, Transformers Animated is far from something that needs to be "toned down" and anything related to Transformers, short of the Live Action movie and IDW comics, are already excessively kid friendly.

But even with the violence "toned down" in Wolvie and the X-men, it's still a show with a fairly mature plot. You don't need blood gore and death to be a well written, mature show. And I can list off plenty of Nick made cartoons that highlight that.

Your problems with the X-men show seem to be about everything but the quality of it, which is really the only thing that should matter in this discussion. Though I will agree with you on the Stephen Blum bit, he does the same voice in far too many things and it just takes you right out of it. He was good as Spike, he was good as Roger, but as Wolvie? No. As Duke? Nu-uh. He's good when his voice is suited for it's role, but those two definately weren't the right roles.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Getting off topic for a while
    Steve Blum is awesome.His voice as Wolverine is the second best after Cal Dodd (XTAS Wolverine). His voice is defined as the defentive voice of Wolverine according to the writers of the show(Craig Kyle, Greg Johnson, and Chris Yost). I couldn't agree more due to him voicing Wolverine in video games, DTV's, and shows. If you think hsi voice isn't that artculate, check Spectacular Spiderman, he does the best voice of Spidey's Big Bad, the Green Goblin, as well as Chameleon and Mysterio's little pet robot gargoyles

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

None of those channels sound like the greatest channels to air Transformers, period.

Direct to video, please...

18. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    No please never.

19. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

^^^^
    I agree with Trans+Crazy.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ya, Nick is my ideal choice for Transformers-i mean, seriously, the other channels couldnt care less-Nick is awesome, has been since forever-except the Invader Zim thing