New Campaign Arms Micron Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Warpshard, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Apparently The Japanese public can't get enough of AM Ratchet's micron R.A. So now we're going to see part of one of Ratchet's Arm Up modes translated into a full-fledged Super Combo Weapon called the Rainbow Shield! It is part of Ratchet's Arm Up mode "Stealth mode" Which has four R.A's on his back in a Shuriken-like weapon form. Anyways, now we see four clear R.A.'s in the color's of a rainbow (oddly replacing Blue with Purple). You'll be able to get these in select stores (& one at the box office) on September 29'th! Here's a rough translation of where these will be available courtesy of Google Translate:

Thank Seibertron's very own El Duque for providing this information about the new Campaign weapon! I think this is pretty cool if I do say so myself.

Attached Files:

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh DAMN.

Microns + clear plastic = Hitting two of my three greatest weaknesses.

I really hope these end up easier to find for people/micron collectors than the Hellflame microns have been (where the hell ARE those things?).

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so you can only get them on the 29th at select stores? wow I'd hate to be a completest for Arms Microns

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    And you'll have to pay at least $114 to get three of them, unless you can return the stuff later and keep the Micron.

5. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Actually, I think they will become available on the 29'th & you can get them until they sell out.

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see that cost being passed onto the buyer if they cant return the item (not the full 114 since the seller could also shift the toys used to buy the Microns)

I dont see them lasting more then a day these kinda promos tend to sell out quite quick due to scalpers

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These campaigns are the same type of micron campaigns that have gone on since Micron Legends. Yeah it's a pain to be a micron collector/completist because of the all of the variants, but not impossible.

Additionally, from what I understand, as intimated above, these are available until stock runs out (there'd be no since to sell them only on that particular day and never after if they actually have remaining stock they're sitting on...some micron campaigns are more popular than others when released).

These things are resold, but if you're smart and a little patient, you can avoid paying $200 or so for a set (what you'd pay on BBTS for the Hellflame or Shadow microns when they first went up for preorder) and pay somewhere between $50 (the Shadow microns have been ridiculously easy to acquire) and $130-140ish or so (I paid I think $120 or 130something for the Hellflame set). Of course, it's still expensive based on dollars spent in comparison to the size of the figures, but that's a reality minicon collectors have dealt with since these began to be offered and that's not changing anytime soon.

EDIT:

Again, it depends on how much stock each store receives. Up until the Hellflame campaign, the Prime AM campaign microns have all been incredibly easy to acquire and for less than $50 each (I'd say new campaign microns average $50 on the secondary market and online retailers, depending on how many come out at one time). The Shadow microns can be had for $50-60 total, and earlier stuff (the PCC variant microns and Vector Oracle) are hardly rare.

The recent Hellflame microns have largely not appeared on eBay at all, for whatever reason. I'm not in Japan of course so I have no idea if those were rare compared to earlier releases or if those somehow ended up in the hands of kids and collectors moreso than scalpers, sellers and runners. Right now the Hellflame availability (or lack of it) could be a sign of things to come for future micron campaigns (maybe too many were made available of the earlier releases and they're cutting back now?) or it could be a giant fluke and a set of these four clear R.A.s will be selling for $50ish on eBay in a couple of months.