New Bumblebee mould and Economic Climate

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by caitlindevi, Mar 26, 2009.

1. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    A though occured to me while typeing on another thread that I thought would be better aired here.

We know theres a new smaller Bumblebee mould for the hydrodive Bumblebee right? and we know we're going to get more repaints than usual due to the current economic climate (repaints and minor retooling are LOTS cheaper for hasbro than completely new figures) So I'm 100% expecting to see either Cliffjumper and Wasp to be released based off this new mould either individually as deluxes or in a three pack with Bumblebee too.
    Re-releaseing toys with new inpack extras could verywell be likely too. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Leader Bulkhead and new mould bumblebee 2 pack at some point too

just cross you fingers and pray that Rodimus is not an Arcee with some remouldtooling...I mean just look at Arcees vehicle mode and you gotta wonder.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I think you are underestimating Hasbro. Just because they like to use molds for more than one figure doesn't mean they will go and use them when it makes no sense to do so. They've at least been good about only using them for other characters where the mold is a good fit.

We don't see and BB molds used to make Waspinator, that's for sure.

And, we've only got one Cliffjumper in the Animated line so far, and it at least has a new head mold. He's such a minor character that I doubt we will see him as anything other than the Activators figure.

3. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have there really been that many repaints/retools in this line compared to the other lines?

The movie line saw repaints of every major character and some clones at least once (bumblebee got 4 (original, premium, allspark energy, cliffjumper) and a retool), almost every character in armada got a repaint, a lot of the cybertron line was repainted, as was a number of the rid figures. The least it seems was probably energon and even then there were a number of repaints.

In animated so far for deluxe figures there is stealth bumblebee and blazing lockdown, as well as the limited exclusives stealth lockdown and rescue ratchet, for voyagers there is skywarp, atomic lugnut, shockwave and sunstorm (which are limited edition exclusives), and for leaders there are shadow blade megatron and roadbuster magnus. Even in the activators class there are 2 starscream repaints, the cliffjumper retool, police bumblebee repaint, bandit lockdown, and fireblade (?) grimlock.

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Once one thinks about it, Animated probably has the least amount of repaints in any TF line ever.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Well, lines are usually heavy with repaints at the tail end... so wait and see how the Animated line ends. Cybertron had very few repaints 2/3 of the way through.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Repaints Ahoy. It's not a bad thing.

Repaint bumblebee as a some animated throttlebots. Goldbug, Searchlight, Chase, Freeway, Roll Bar, and Wide Load.

A activator six pack?

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    i have no problem with repaints. i just got elite guard bumblebee and he's dominant.

8. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I don't always buy repaints but I like that they exist. It gives another chance to get the mold. It must be hard to repaint animated toys because the characters have so much unique character. In a tf anime like energon the characters are almost interchangeable so painting new characters is easy. The same goes for toys like universe Hound. One of the best toys but it must put Hasbro off making unique characters like him.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would all depend on whether or not hasbro thought to keep BB and the hydrodrive from using any of the same molds. If they do then the possibility of what you want happening is like 0%