New Botcon Waspinator and Energon DiveBomb repaint pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cyclone_X, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    If these are botcon exclusives, can anyone who has been there estimate a price range for picking them up?

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Without knowing what purpose this is for, it's hard. It could be a single item, it could be the free bonus for attendees with Primus Packages or dealers with a full booth, or it could be part of a pair or larger grouping of additional "buy at the show" exclusives.

Based on last year, we had, IIRC, Ratchet and Flareup for $65 and 2x Virulent Clone for $35. So, by that logic, I'd put "Covert Agent Laserbeak", "Covert Agent Buzzsaw" and Waspinator each at around $15-20 each, assuming their pricing stays more or less in the ballpark of last year's goodies.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it's just them in a separate 2-pack? $30-40. (The Virulent Clones 2-pack last year -- 2 identical BW Buzzclaw recolors -- was $35.)

(Damn the internet... I just had to check to make sure "identical" was the correct spelling. I've seen "identicle" SO MANY TIMES, the right way is starting to look wrong to me. :banghead:  )

EDIT: D'oh. Sidecuttered!

4. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Thanks to both of you for the info. This is the first botcon I have a chance of going to (maybe), and I was bummed that the convention set was as expensive as it was, but it's nice to hear that there may be a set that's at a lower price point.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, one is orange-red, light gray, with a LITTLE black, and the other is tan and black.

Granted, they COULD be Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, but if they are I'll be mildly dissapointed, as their color schemes only bear a very passing resemblance to their G1 selves. Meanwhile, other exclusives this year have colors that are pretty much spot-on with their previous versions.

I'm hoping for new characters, myself.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who says we Kentucky boys are slow? :lolol 

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No idea what will really go down, or if there are more exclusives that haven't been seen/listed yet, but my own guess is:

Waspinator Jet: Extra freebie for Botcon attendees
    Divebomb repaints: extra 2-pack for sale at the con

Don't have a lot other than a mild understanding of last year's exclusives to go on, however.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I love the divebomb toy, and never understood how it managed to not get repainted, so if these ended up as the two-pack, and were lazerbeak and buzzsaw, Imight would have to sell an organ to grab a set!

9. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    how about a Botcon Cheetor repainted as Tigatron??? bet thats gonna be the freebie

10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'd probably expect Cheetor to be repainted as Tigatron or Ravage (kinda hoping more for Ravage, but either is fine). They'll likely want to squeeze as much use out of the new head molds as they can get. Remember, last year, every figure that got a remold (except Deathsaurus) was released in two decoes.

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I rrrrrreally hope they don't go that way.

I can't see Clocker working as Tigatron.

-airfox

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    This has been addressed in greater detail elsewhere over the past few months, but the possibility of a "pre-earth" existence for Airrazor, Tigatron, et al, isn't completely ruled out by the small tidbits of info we've been given. Yes, it seems that the intention of the writers was much as you say, but the actual bit about the sparks being pulled directly from the Allspark is not official. If FP wants to use these characters, they can do so with minimal explanation (for example, they had amnesia after landing on Earth. BA and Inferno were reprogrammed by the Predacon shell program. Just for a couple of quickie examples.)

Having said all that, I don't think the Divebomb repaint is Airrazor. It lacks the tampoed Maximal insignia we've seen on all the other Botcon figures (including the unofficial ones). Also, that spark crystal, while not totally able to be seen, looks like it's still a Decepticon symbol. I think the Laserbeak/Buzzsaw idea fits the facts as we have them the best.