New Botcon email: New Hotel block, Box Sets 75% Sold

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dreweido, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Except he's getting an Iacon package, so he'll be kinda difficult to find. :p 

2. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually Pete posted that at least one of those last three will be a TFCC exclusive later in the year. So there are still at least three unknowns.

3. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    He did? Maybe I missed it, but all I saw was this:
    That doesn't explicitly state that one of those will be a Club exclusive. (It could certainly imply that, though.)

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You're right this isn't explicity stated here (and I think Pete's said other things that might have been taken as "one's a club exclusive" without being explicit elsewhere, but I don't think he's ever explicitly said so yet). However, the point remains that we don't know that all three of Springer, Huffer, and Elita-1 will be convention exclusives. In fact, the odds are that at least one of them will held over for the club, if indeed all three are made as toys at all (which itself isn't a given).

So, assuming that the usual number of convention exclusives are made (which itself is an assumption. FP could well decide to make one large toy rather than two smaller toys in a two-pack, despite past precedent), there are at least two convention exclusives we still don't know about.

And I'm still convinced that, despite so many people thinking it's a given, Sunstorm will not be one of them. The jet mold's simply being used too much in this set as it is, and I can't imagine that FP would risk the complaints from the contingent of fans who aren't Seeker fans for using this mold a fourth time in the same set.

I make no predictions whatsoever as to whether or not FP might want to make Sunstorm a club exclusive, however.

5. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pete stated it better on the Collectors Club boards.

6. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    * Hmmmm, looks through Issue 1 of Timelines, sees Razorclaw, Terrasaur and others....

7. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would make me very happy, although my wallet would hate it.

8. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I just hope that we get a Sunstorm. I WANT SUNSTORM!!!!

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I think Sunstorm would be a cool collectors club exclusive.

However, since there are already three seekers in the box set, other molds would be more appropriate for the con only exclusives IMO.

10. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    You are the Emperor of Teaseonia! *shakes fist*

<--- would LOVE a Leobreaker -> Razorclaw exclusive!

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd quite like that Razorclaw as well. Terrorsaur had a very nice design though unlikely we'd get him, I guess, given he is based so strongly on the original but more teched-out, which I assume would be beyond the financial means of the club or the convention.

But, never say never, he is a fantastic design.

12. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

GOTDAMMIT, I wont be able to order until atleast the middle of MAY!!!

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am still not sure if I should order the Botcon seekers but since there are still some left I may just go for it. I'll probably sell the the two non Seekers and make back some of the money I spent.

14. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say I'm honestly thrilled by any of these 3. Nor am I angry or upset, just kind of ok. Huffer being a basic makes sense as the bonus figure and repaint potential as Pipes. Plus Petes said on the club board (I think) that smaller club exclusives are not as financially viable as people thought.

Springer or Elita. Whose the bigger name? I imagine that will be the club figure. The other will easily sell out at Botcon. Personally I think Springer, better known and from what I hear a better mold than Elita-1's.

Maybe Dreadwind left me expecting a wider range. Some 88-92 characters rather than all movie or earlier. Axing the movie and UK comics from the Classics timeline led me to not expect movie figures instead it's allowing them to be introduced in new ways. Still no point getting worked up for or against till I see the full line up confirmed.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Huffer would be cool. I wouldn't like a Springer unless he was somehow a Triple Changer. And I honestly couldn't care less about Elita-1 if I tried.

16. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I couldn't care about any of those three if I tried.

75% sold out is bad news from me, because I just won't have the scratch until later in May. This Botcon being so expensive kinda hit me at the wrong time in the ol' cashflow cycle.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm still hoping one of the at the show exclusives will be a Darkwing to go with that Dreadwind. As a fan of the Powermasters, I'd like to see the jet duo reunited again as much as I want to have all six Seekers reunited.
    Although, who knows. Perhaps that will be a Club Exclusive down the line. I'd happily pay out for that. Plus, Darkwing out of Classics Jetfire is actually more easy to do than Jetfire - both of them are swing wing jets.

I'd also be extremely excited if Elita 1 were a show exclusive - she has never had a toy before, so that would be a plus.

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You know, he did, but the way he used the numbers led me to think that it would make enough difference to matter to more of us than he thinks it would. But that's really a debate for elsewhere.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm going to get to go afterall, now :( . Still have hope for the set, but its gotten really freakin' dim.

20. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We won't get a Pipes out of the Huffer, because Armorhide is the same colors as Pipes. (Leading some to believe he's an homage figure like Excillion)