New Botcon email: New Hotel block, Box Sets 75% Sold

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dreweido, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

So if you are looking to get your box set... "hurry up and pre register" sounds about right!

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Heh, I was just about to post this as well! Important thing to remember here everyone:

So what is still available? There are some boxed sets available, there
    are loose sets available, and there are movie tickets available.

So if you want to get a loose set or a Movie ticket, you aren't put of luck yet.

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm rather curious as to what the final production numbers for the exclusives are. We've only been told that there will only be 200 loose sets. How many boxed sets will be made?

4. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Usually its around 1000. They *may* have bumped that up this year due to high turnout expectations and the hype following the movie. Last year I believe they had 925 boxed sets and 175 loose ones, if the source I've seen is correct.

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kind of surprised they still have loose sets availabe if in fact it is set at 200. At least I know I have one coming to me :) 

6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NO WAY, THEY'RE IN FINANCIAL RUINS DUE TO THEIR POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!

Glad to hear they're doing good, not that anyone really doubted it. This year is gonna be awesome....unless it gets to the point of being "too" popular, in that there's no room to breathe. I wish we had hard numbers of the previous and this year so far, so we could compare and guesstimate crowds.

7. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Last years was 750 boxed sets, last I heard we have TWO left. This years numbers have been increased BUT I think they are going to sell out before the show. Once everyone who is on the fence sees all 5, sees how awesome they are, I think we will blow through the rest.

The number of loose sets were increased due to how quickly they were snatched up initially.

8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I know the patterns just fine. Better than most people, actually. I keep a data sheet of convention exclusives and their numbers, which can be found here. In fact, it is because I wish to keep this page up-to-date that I'm asking for real numbers. Guesses won't cut it here.

Pete? I see you've actually responded to this thread, though not to this question. Some help, please?

9. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Man I really want this set, well I only 3 of the figures actually... but it's far to rich for my blood right now.

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Boxsets 75% pre-sold. Check.

Four official hotel blocks. Check.

BC07 is going to be huge. The crowds will be crazy.

I hope is not like Wonderfestival ... when I got to the end of the line, I was 6 blocks away from the Big Sight.

P.S.: I want to know if I made it to the Hasbro tour, but don't want to bother them. I guess I'll wait till may. :( 

-airfox

11. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    airfox - I was in the same "Hmmmm" boat as you. I called up, gave my confirmation #, was told I was in, and off the phone all within 2 minutes.

12. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Hopefully this year will see the main hotel having more than 3 elevators!

:lolol 

13. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I have a question:

Don't know if I'll make it to Botcon but I want the set. Is there any way to order a set as an attendee and cancel down the line but STILL get the set?

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I think you can convert an attending set to a non-attending set, but I know it doesn't work the other way round. Your best bet would be to email or call them and check.

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah you can, but like Draven said you can register for a Primus package, call and change to an Iacon Package. But for a reason I can't remember it doesn't work vice versa

16. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Ah, so there are more than 200 loose sets. They must have doubled that figure at least. I figured they must have made more. I couldn't imagine how they'd have sold through 75% of the boxed sets yet still had loose sets left.

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I sent my order in. It doesn't terribly matter what the other two look like because all the molds are freakin awesome and the seekers look tremendous.

18. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:

According to the Rhodle Island Convention's website, They are expecting around 2,000 people to attend the convention. If the number I have heard are correct. This will be the biggest Botcon ever.

"BotCon 2007
    Exhibition Halls A/D, Ballrooms A-E and Meeting Rooms 553, 555, & 556. Estimated Attendance: 2,000 people. Event Hours: Saturday Early Bird 9:00 a.m.; 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sunday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Admission: Saturday Early Bird: $50.00; Regular Hours: $10.00 for Adults, $5.00 for children ages 5-12, and children under 5 are free. This is a Hasbro sponsored event. Exclusive transformer figure sets available only at the show. Dealer booths are available. For more information, please contact the Transformers Collectors' Club at (817) 448-9863 or visit their website at www.botcon.com. This event is open to the public."

Quoted from the Convention websitehttp://www.riconvention.com/calendar/ricc_calendar.html

But when you compare this to San Diego Comic-Con which had about 65,000 people last year and Star Wars Celebration which had about 10,000 at CIII. This is not a very huge convention compared to those two.

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem with the price, but I was hoping the window (and amount) for pre-orders would be open longer. I can get the money in theory, just not fast enough. Looks like I'll probably be answering to the scalpers. But hey, at least this means FP is raking in the dough, which is always a plus.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'm still looking forward to seeing Dreadwind (I loved the original, both as a character and as a toy), but I'm honestly not bothered about Bugbite. I have no "affection" (so to speak) for the character at all. Maybe that will change when I actually see the toy though, who knows.