New Botcon e-mail: FAQ!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Dreweido, May 5, 2007.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    EDIT: Hey look there's the email don't mind me.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, the 400 loose ones are mostly bought already. That doesn't mean that they'll have 400 loose available at Botcon. Chances are, they'll be sucked up within the week. However many are left.

At least that's how I read it.

Chris

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I lived close enough to go to this, even as a protoform it would be great. But, alas, I can't afford to travel right now.

4. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

Also you can't buy one of the bagged sets without buying a Primus package. So basically if you haven't already pre-registered you are out of luck unless you can find a Primus holder to pick up a bagged set for you (if they haven't already bought one).

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately that's not the case. The vast majority of those 400 are spoken for, loose sets are only available to Primus holders, and you cannot purchase a loose set at the con.

EDIT: As everyone else said... sorry, didn't read all the replies first.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Wow, so they'd rather just give people the shaft. You sold out of the boxsets FP, what do you expect people to do?

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I'm sure it is hard to forecast these numbers, but c'mon Classic Seeker repaints? You know TF collectors are going to jump on that and dish out the dough to get them. They should've bumped up the production number up just a little bit.

8. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Part of FP's mission as an exclusive fan club, is keeping the value of their sets high. That includes not "changing the rules" or "changing the prices".

For example - I'm sure they have leftovers of the freebies from past years. But those were special toys ONLY for those that preregistered and attended. They might as well burn those now.

And all the 2005 box sets - you still can't get a loose one unless you buy a box set.

They're doing the right thing, as their goal isn't to sell toys, but to make adult collectibles (says so right on the box!) that retain value, and more than that, make a fan club that people want to join and stay a part of.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I still say good job on selling out FP, supply and demand is a funny mistress. But in this case it's better to under produce then over produce. From the e-mail they still have 250 of the 2005 set. That's 250 units that's ultimately just burning a whole in FP's profits. Even the 4 left over 2006 units are burning a whole in their profits. And we need to give credit where credit's due...They did increase the number of units by 33% to Try and matched projected demand. And that's 33% more people who would've missed out if they didn't.

And it's unfair to put the blame all on FP's shoulder. What about blaming bad circumstance that prevented people from having thecash they needed right off the bat? What about the people who gambled and wait till Dreadwind was revealed?

Well it's their rule that only Primus package holders can buy loose sets. If they bent/broke that rule THIS time it'll set a bad precedent and the next time a set sells out someone will throw it in their face "Well you did that in 2007"

And also there are options to explore, like posting a thread in the Want section of this board or finding a member who already has a Primus pack+loose set and make a deal with him/her.

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

They did, they up'ed the production numbers by 33% :) 

11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Well, they're not totally worthless. FP has already demonstrated that they're willing to use these as prizes for the occasional contest. They're just not going to ever sell them, because part of their business model involves making sure that collectibles stay collectible.

I don't necessarily agree with the fact that FP seems more geared to high-end collectors than to more casual fans, but that's what they're about, and I've long since learned to live with it. They provide a service that I greatly enjoy, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy without them. I'm willing to look over the occasional philosophical difference between us to support them by and large.

12. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Man, this blows, now I gotta compete with everyone attending BotCon for the spot to visit Hasbro? Why did I fax early then? (Sunday)

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whoops read it wrong. :) 

14. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I sent in an Iacon reg. about a month and a half ago. I'm still going to get those Seekers, right?

15. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    You faxed early hoping you'd be in one of those first 400. Not to mention you're still better off than the folks who are complaining that they can't even get the toys now. In fact, some of those later people who got toys should be THANKING folks like you for getting in your orders early. FP raised the production order based on the fact that so many orders came in so quickly. If everybody waited, there'd be EVEN FEWER sets made.

16. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Seriously, these kinds of questions should be sent directly to FP. Why are you asking us? I can tell you that it's likely you're fine, but neither I nor any non-FP folks here have a definitive answer.

17. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Yeah, but you can always buy the Botcon set on ebay later (albeit for more $) but you can't buy a Hasbro tour (or can you?)

18. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Hence the first sentence of my answer.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Noone's asking them to just sell the bagged set for bagged set price without purchase of the Primus package. They're asking them to give them a loose set in place of the boxed set when they do purchase the Primus package. Technically, it's not a bending or breaking of that particular rule. As for future cons, if they box set sell out and there are bagged sets left, I don't see the problem with giving substitutes. It'll get more fans to the show. Now, I can see this being an option for attendees. People wanting Iacon packages are just outta luck. This should just be something done to help out those that want to come to the show. Isn't that what they're all about? Trying to make it so that people will want to come to the show?

20. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I know, you aren't an official source on BotCon, but seeing as how this is my first rodeo with them, I figured you would have alot more insight than I would.