2D Artwork: New Bot in Town

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by shade 0066, Nov 1, 2006.

1. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I introduce my latest creation. He still doesnt have a name yet, but for now Im calling him "Project Highway". Its still in teh works, but I think youll like it. I got the Idea from a jet powered Semi dragster. In robot mod his je becomes a massive Ion cannon, which like prims trailer can be stored in subspace untill needed. Let me know what ya think.

[​IMG]

2. shade 0066

Ive decided to start a Kitbash based on this character. I would appriciate som imput on how I can improve this design.

3. JesterJJZ

JesterJJZ DM.net Stooge

Subspace isn't real... :horse: 

4. shade 0066

I need some help with drawing highway in bot mode. He is based on G1 Prime so his bot mode is very similar. Heres a pic of him in Alt. mode.(please excuse the bad Cut and Paste job)

[​IMG]

5. optimusprimus

optimusprimus Mastermind of Gundams

It looks... interesting.... Oo

Personally, thinking of a character based so closely off of Optimus doesn't appeal to me, but I guess if the robot mode of your character is suffieciently different, it could be more liked-of-possibilities.

I will admit it looks cool, however. :D 

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Y'know, the more I think about this idea, the more I like it. However... instead of having his jet disappear in robot mode, why not make it part of the design? Think about it; you could have them as the main part of the robot legs, with the truck bed as the arms. Or vice versa...
    Just a thought.

7. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

I'd make the truck mode jet one big cannon on his shoulder. Or maybe a jetpack for his back. I'd suggest a forearm cannon, but that's been done to death.

Matt

8. shade 0066

I had the idea of having his forarms flip around like WW prime. Also having the jet split in two and having half mount on each arm as cannons. However Im liking the jet pack idea, maybe have it split in two and lay flat on his back. The reason I want him to look like Prime is because I just realy love his bot design, and as part of his back story, he was intended to be a "Prime" one day. I also had a thought of having three jets two of which are placed in the legs/deep in the bed and would becom part of his legs(like starscream) then having the third become a weapn, jet pack or both.

9. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Have you thought about looking at Energon Rodimus for ideas? His truck mode is similar, especially the back with the jet boosters.

10. shade 0066

I was taking a good hadr look At energon Rod. There are som good parts but over all hes not the style im going for. Anyway I think Ive solved how to make him transform. Its rather complicated to explain so im working on a diagram to help.

11. shade 0066

Im still working on the draawings for his bot mode.(Its tougher than I thought)
    But if you check out my new avatar, youll get a goo idea of what he looks like in bot mode.

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Bah, you guys need to get out more.

Use the Jet engine as the primary torso element (see BM Optimus Primal, Vector Prime) split the cab in half for shoulder elements. The pipes will be mounted to the forearms as blasters. Just to be differnet I'd work the legs so that the truck grill becomes the feet. A majority of the rear wheel assembly will still be the legs though. Wings,,,, should I make them back kibble? or some sort of leg armor/kilt?

Damn I've got it in my head now. Too bad it's to late to crack a pen.

Hopefully I'll remember in the morning.

13. shade 0066

I was thinking of using ALternators Optimus Prime or Nemesis Prime to make a Kitbash Highway, What do ya think?

14. Infosaur

Okay shade, I know this is a different direction but what do you think?

[​IMG]

15. Infosaur

Oh damn, I just noticed I missed the chin piece!

Sorry

16. shade 0066

Its interesting. But I think Im going to do An Alternator version using Prime and turn him into a Highway patrol truck....With 2 big engins in th bed.

17. shade 0066

Here is the pic of what Alternator Highway would look like. Hes still a word in progress, and Im working out some details.
    Hes supost to be the leader of S.P.E.E.D Unit. Super Persuit Ender & Extra Defense

[​IMG]

18. shade 0066

I was wondering if any one could do a Digi color bash of alternators Prime in silver for me. I ask because I was thinking of boing a kitbash of Highway.