New Bay interview w/ MTV.com > "Michael Bay Reveals His Favorite"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, Apr 15, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    from MTV.com
    Check out the video too (bottom) "closed lipped on this movie"

Michael Bay Reveals His Favorite Transformers - Movie News Story | MTV Movie News

Michael Bay Reveals His Favorite 'Revenge Of The Fallen' Transformers
    'There's a lot of great new characters in this movie,' blockbuster director says.

By Larry Carroll

LAS VEGAS — Blockbuster filmmaker Michael Bay made waves when he spoke candidly about the new robot it his "Transformers" sequel that he hated so much he decided to kill it. But as he is also quick to point out, there are far more soon-to-be-seen Autobots and Decepticons that he can't wait to unveil for us.

"The Fallen is the ultimate bad boy," Bay explained of the mysterious evildoer glimpsed briefly in the trailer for the June 24 film, whose vengeful mission gives the film's title its double meaning. "He goes way back in the Transformer world. He's one of the first Transformers."

Some more of Bay's favorites in "Revenge" are Mudflap and Skids, a pair of spunky Autobots who will help introduce the eco-friendly Chevy cars Trax and the Beat. "The twins are quite fun," Bay said of the comedy-relief duo, remembering his inspiration for including them. "I just kept thinking, 'What if we have two dumb Transformers that are young and dumb?' ... They are just irreverent, dumb Transformers."

And then, of course, there's Devastator — the massive Decepticon who Bay recently revealed would be getting his own IMAX scene and consists of several Contructicon robots banded together for maximum destruction. "It's the most complicated model that George Lucas' company has done in 30 years," Bay marveled. "In all the 30 years of [Industrial Light and Magic] making movies, it's the most complicated digital model — and it's tenfold in terms of the most complicated. It's taken a long time to do.

"There's a lot of great new characters in this movie — some funny ones, some devious ones, there are some little teeny ones that are a little irreverent," Bay said of a robot group that includes such newbies as the four-legged Ravage, sleek Sideswipe and others. "You know what is better in this movie? The acting of the robots. It's just evolved from the last one, and in terms of the animation we are able to put these robots' [emotions] in."

Such acting innovations have also helped a big breakout robot from the original "Transformers" film, who Bay insisted remains his favorite Transformer of the group. "Bumblebee is great in this movie," he promised.

And the video: (how would imbed this here?)
    Michael Bay Shares 'Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen' Inside Information | Video | MTV

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    He hates Arcee, but he loves the Twin Idiots.

This man...

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Wow. My expectations for this movie are dropping like a sack of bricks.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I know how you guys feel...he says something like this about the "twins" ....I really wanted to just add 2 young, dumb transformers ...." WTH?

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....So who IS his favorite?! Fallen or the twins or Bumblebee?

6. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I have a feeling this'll further feed the fear about the Twins...

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. Stuff like this makes me think Devs may come off better than we think.

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's strange, the part about Bumblebee being his favourite has been removed. I thought Bonecrusher was his favourite since he named his new dog after him. I guess since he's the director, he has a lot of favourites otherwise he couldn't make the film. It's why you always read about people who don't get on, because it's like a traincrash: it rarely happens.

9. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher is just a great pet name. I'm naming a kitty that, some day.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm not exactly surprised that they guy who's on fire all the time is one of his faves.

11. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    im excited about it i dont think the two dumb autobots would hurt the film as much

12. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I'm going to give the twins a chance. The toys look good, and he probably is eggsaterating how dumb the twins might be. Even if the suck in the movie, I'm still buying their fab forms. They look fantastic.

13. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

Well, there maybe reasons why he hates arcee and likes the twins.

He admitted to being the person who initially propose two dumb (and fun as he stated) transformers. Where as, he might have gotten slapped with the arcee stuff through script changes and other scope creeps.

I'm actually looking forward to the twins, I have the most weirdest feeling that I'm going to like them and somehow relate to them.

Just remember folks, there's more to them then meets the eye!

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not so much worried about the twins. I remember before the first movie came out things like the glasses and Bumblebee not speaking bothered me, but were definetley not as bad when I actually saw the movie.

15. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I think when he says dumb he's referring to "young and dumb," not actually mentally slow. I don't know, he might have stated otherwise in other interviews.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't think he means they are mentally slow by saying 'dumb'. Just dumb in a kid's way. Inexperienced, hot-headed, not thinking about consequences. Kinda like Animated Bumblebee / A/E/C Hot Shot.

Anyway, don't really care. Him hating or liking a certain bot has no influence on me anticipating the movie.

17. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    As long as they are written well and not turned into Jar Jar like characters the Twins would probably win alot of people over by being lovable goofballs.

18. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    All of the People who keep flameing about Bay likeing The Twins need to take a Chill Pill.
    Who knows, we may end up loveing these new Bots.

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm imagining (and hoping for) more Cheetor or Hot Shot than, say, Lennie.

But I like Jar Jar, so I'll probably be OK, anyway.

20. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 dumb transformers. yikes. Bay, people dont remember your movies for the comedy. So stop trying so hard to make us laugh, and just make our brains explode.