New Avengers/Transformers #3

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Foster, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ramjet: A lot smarter than in the G1 toon, sneaky and manipulative. Loving the G1 Boxart look to him. I'm getting even more pumped for his Spotlight.

Prowl: FAIL. What an idiot. :lol 

Other impressions?

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

The Autobots seem incredibly cold when it comes to the preservation of human life and sacrificing Spider-Man. Prowl I get, but Op? Greater good is one thing, but the Op I know and love doesn't leave anyone behind!

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I am trying very hard to like it, but I mostly see failed potential here.

While Tyler Kirkham's subjects look good in and of themselves, the panels are a jumbled cluttered mess. The scale and perspective is way off. There is one panel where it is very clear that this Iron Man armor is giant; Wolverine is barely coming up to his ankle.

Then, in a couple of pages later, Iron Man and Wolverine look to be about the same height. I know Runabout and Ratchet are in there to provide scale, but if anything Runabout looks way too small compared to Logan -so it's like Wolverine just got giant, too. And what is Ratchet doing in that panel at all?

There are some interesting things story-wise like seeing Ramjet with an actual personality, but I am just not into the story for the most part.

Dr. Doom is a tertiary character at best and we are three issues into it and I feel like all we have seen are the Avengers and the Autobots as they have spent 20 minutes outside the Decepticons fortress trying to figure out how to get in.

4. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    While it is not normal Prime. I believe Prime is thinking that if the array continues to function and Spidey is in Megatron's hands, Earth is screwed. And, as said by a general from Dreamwave's G1 Volume 1: "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."

If the array continues to function, war breaks out, Megatron wins. Megatron keeps Spidey captive and uses him as a fuel source along with ore-13, Megatron wins. He realizes that Spidey may very well have to die in order to prevent Megatron from winning, and sometimes other humans must die if they are a threat.

Anyway much better than issue 2, I am still intrigued and want to see how this ends.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    AUGH.

For the third issue in a row they forgot to pull a copy for me...
    Ramjet seems to be the "yeah, saving grace!" for this issue from what I've heard.
    DN

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I read it, and I didn't like it. The story hasn't moved at all in 3 issues (only one more to go????)

The writing didn't really work. Optimus was too cold, Prowl was too cold, and Luke Cage sounds like a black man written by a white man.

And I think the art sucks too. Sometimes it's Dreamwave-like boxiness. The characters (TFs and humans) seem to only have 3 looks to them: Perfect frontal view, perfect 90 degree sideways view, and the "Rob Liefeld growl" look.

7. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

yeah i believe the story could have been soo much better.
    it really feels like they've been in a football field size radius...you know autobots and avengers fighting outside the array, then tryin to get inside, then decepticons are inside powering up.....

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yeah, so far we've had three issues and basically the Autobots and Avengers just seem to be hanging out the Decepticon's front yard.

I also like how you have Earth's mightiest heroes and the premiere team of Autobots who both had the ultimate villain, Dr. Doom right in front of them and then let him walk away without any surveillance at all.
    Nothing!

Gee what a surprise he showed up in the Decepticon's fort.
    It's a good thing no one watched him to see where he went.

9. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I wasn't impressed with this issue.
    I read it yesterday and I don't remember anything about it. Granted, my brain is shot however to be so unremarkable as to be completely forgettable is telling.
    This series is stinky.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This Stuart Moore guy writing this just flat out sucks. I cringed at so much of the dialog I can't begin to list it all. Thank goodness the art is decent.

11. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I picked up the issue yesterday. In fact I had forgot that this series was even out, so I've missed the first two issues. But after reading this issue, and then the opinions of the story so far, I'm not even sure if I want to bother hunting down issue 1 & 2 :( 

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The whole issue, I honestly didn't feel like I was reading about superheroes and transforming robots in the same story. I dunno, a beat was missed somewhere. :/

It's just so...muted. This shoulda been on the level of the Devil's Due Joe/TF books in terms of manic epic silly-awesome.

*edit*
    Also, I call Doombot shenanigans. The real Doctor Doom would -never- agree to rule over an Earth that had just been stripped into "remains" by evil alien robots. Not unless he had a grand alterior motive, anyway.

And damn it, nor would he just stand there and let Megatron shoot him in the face.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  13. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Yea I think that was a Doombot as well. Dr Doom is supose to be the second most powerful magic weilding... guy beside Dr Strange (from last Ive read, I havent read Marvel since 99 and I just skimmed through Civil War). Prowl, while he never really had an particular feelings towards the humans, he never would say something like "make sure his puny fleshy body doesnt get crushed." That battle was lacking. Now its Iron Man vs Megatron.... ha!

14. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

It was awesome. But I don't undrstand why Prowl was so eagered to let the humans die! But my whole thing on this is..................the Decepticons ith regualr energon could beat this team of New avengers. Cap would have been a gonner if they didn't put him in a ship!

15. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    this whole seris stinks so far IMHO, the art is way off, charicterization is awefull, no one is acting normal except wolverine, and the prowl not caring thing???? WTF???

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

The sad part is that Tyler di da bang up job on Phoenix Warsong.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this series is fucking lame. 3 issues and still in the same spot? also, near naked tony ftl.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Well, see how everyone is just standing around outside the Decepticon's base?
    Picture two more issues of that.

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Agreed. I am enjoying it for the most part, but not as much as I should be.

And Cap singing the "Star-Spangled Banner" as he shows up in the ship? LAME

20. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Its a great crossover!