New Avengers #8 Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Frequency, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

::SPOILER WARNING::

Well, if you're reading this, you know how the last issue ended, which is precisely where this issue begins. As the Sentry sits reading his own comics, Captain America and Iron Man plead their case: The Sentry may be a comic book character, but they've seen Reynolds in action, and they know he's no fake, so they offer the chance to help him. As his wife approaches and asks where he's been, he screams that he saw her die right in front of him, and in a flash of blinding light he vanishes from the cave.

... meanwhile, back at the Reynolds household, Rob wakes up from a sleep, and sits up to watch TV in his living room.

It's at this point the story shoots back to Long Island where Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Wolverine, and Luke Cage eventually apprehend the Wrecker. We also get a flashback to right after the Savage Land incident on top of a shield heli-carrier where Iron Man gives Wolverine an official invite into the group. With the Wrecker taken care of, they receive a message from Iron Man to meet up at a set location...

... at this point we switch back to Robert Reynolds, asleep in front of the TV. He's soon awoken by Emma Frost appearing on his TV, who tells him to go outside. Upon opening the door, he finds, among others, SHEILD, the New Avengers, the F4, and the X-men standing on his front lawn, all willing to once again offer him help in finding himself. It's at this point he breaks down and tells them that this is exactly what "he" wanted...

... who?

"The Void, he's here now..." as a dark shroud creeps up from behind on the gathering of heroes.
    [END SPOILER]

Maybe I'm just biased because I love the sentry, but I have to say, I got friggin' chills from the last page... this has got to be the best comic I've read in a while... I can't wait to see where "The Sentry" leads with the next issue.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This issue was so cool. The retro first pages with the Sal Buscema art was the icing on the cake!

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I also enjoyed this issue...it definitely left me wanting more!

New Avengers, like Young Avengers, is the most surprisingly and unexpectedly good comic that I've read in a LONG time!

4. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Agreed. This issue was pretty good and I think I'll keep it on my pull list.

I wasn't too sure what to expect since Bendis's prior team work left me pretty disappointed (Avengers and Ultimate X-Men) but I'm happy I started picking it up now. The dialogues between Spider-Man, Wolverine, Spider-Woman and Cage are awesome.

5. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Great issue. I'm eagerly awaiting the battle with The Void.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Two thumbs up here.

7. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Spiderwoman explaining about the pheromones she emits, and everyone's reactions to her telling them that was a hoot. I'm so enjoying this.