New Avengers #7

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by McBradders, Jul 14, 2005.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Was so, SO, frikken' awesome. I mean like totally. The fight against the Wrecker was just perfect.

"Whoops, I dropped my Tricycle!"

I was :lol  'ing on the bus. Awesome. This series is just really damn solid.

2. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    SPOILER

Yeah, but what was up with bringing in Paul Jenkins...? I mean...I get what Bendis is trying to do, but to me, it just doesn't sit right in the context of the story.

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i thought that last page was awesome, i mean, WTF is gonna happen next with that?

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I have a feeling I know what he's doing. I bet Bendis uses the Sentry as a character Paul created because subconciously the Void told him to. This makes people remember who the Sentry is and thus the Void lives again.

5. artiepants

News Credits:
    i forgot to mention that the art totally kicked ass.

the bit with Reed telling Tony what "we just got together yesterday" in Atlantean wass the moment of the week for me....

6. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

On the Story - I thought the last page was brilliant. Completely out of left field. I can't think of any other twisty cliffhangers that are even remotely comparable (not in terms of shock value, just in terms of sheer What the Fuckitude). I'm very much wondering if this is Bendis' attempt to do away with Sentry's evil alter-ego (Void? I guess? Never read the original Sentry miniseries) to make it easier to use Sentry as a team member. It's kind of tough to have a team member go out and kick ass all the time if you have to worry about some evil twin showing up to destroy the universe. That page seems to make it apparent that this "Sentry" is a wholly different entity than the one Jenkins introduced in the original mini (also, you gotta love Jenkins' shocked facial expression).

On the art - Keep McNiven, axe Finch. M'seur McNiven has to finish Ultimate Secret first (unless he already did), but then give him the run of New Avengers. I've never been a huge Finch fan, and McNiven very obviously blows him out of the water in every respect - story-telling, anatomy, detail work, you name it. If I were a slightly bigger geek, I'd start an online petition or something.

7. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Finch only has one more story arc (the one dealing with Mystery Avenger "Ronin") and he'll be leaving to do MOON KNIGHT. Frank Cho will do the art for the arc after the current Sentry arc and the Ronin arc.

They haven't announced who the next artist will be yet.

8. Wreckgar

Ditto on McNiven. The guy is great. I joked around with him at last year's WW Chicago. Great guy. He actually drew me a sketch of Thing in a hardhat from MK4 even though he said he couldn't. His art just rocks. It was the sole purpose I picked up MK4 initially. I hope he gets the regular Avengers gig.

And yes, Reed at the meeting was priceless.

9. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I foresee cheesecake artwork for Spider-Woman. :p 

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    You mean there's Spider-Woman art that isn't cheesecake? Anyway, this was the best book I picked up this week; maybe thie month so far. I can't believe how funny Spidey is inthis book. I crack up every issue, multiple times.

11. The Spider

They already said it would focus on Spider-Woman.

No surprise, huh?

12. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Seriously, the whole "this storyarc will focus on Spider-Woman" thing? That caught me by surprise.

The fact that Cho will just HAPPEN to be doing the artwork? More like a sarcastic, "Surprise!" there. :p 

13. Wreckgar

Of course it wil focus on her. bendis set up the series with so many questions in the first arc that he'll have to give specific stories for each until issue 24. First a 6 issue Sentry arc until 12, then a 6 issue Spiderwoman arc until 18, then of course a wolverine arc until 24 to both explain why he's on the team as well as because Bendis is a whore for the character.

14. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    My friend thinks that Wolverine's second mutation is to travel through time. Or clone himself.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Frank Cho + Spider-Woman = Joygasm and more probably...oh boy.

16. artiepants

News Credits:
    I think the Sentry arcs actually only 4issues (it was gonna be 3, than got bumped up 1)

Finch is doing Moon Knight? did that come out at SDCC? Who's writing? (crosses fingers for Brubacker)

17. The Spider

Yeah, it was announced at SDCC. It's going to be written by Charlie Huston, who wrote novels CAUGHT STEALING and SIX BAD THINGS and who hasn't written comics before.

http://www.newsarama.com/SDCC05/Marvel/moonknight/moonknight_cup.html

18. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

New Avengers kicks ass.

'Nuff said.