New Avengers 31 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yea, no spoiler space here guys.

So we see that Electra is a Skrull. So now we start having to ask, who else is? We see jessica and luke's baby most likely is part skrull. I have a feeling Jessica is. That's why the Breast Feeding thing was mentioned eariler that issue. Who else is, I'm not sure. I do have a feeling that Hulkling will play a role. We found out he is part Skrull after all.

Also, when the hell was Electra switched out? She was officially killed once. Has she been a Skrull since way back when? I don't think she died again in the Enemy of the State story.

You know, this might actually be an interesting twist.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Lyja called. She says it's been done.

:p 

3. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i started re-reading the whole series the second i finished this issue.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be a total sell out by Marvel if they use "Skrulls" as the reason for CW.

5. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But it would make so much sense. As in how else are they gonna turn around Iron Man and make him a hero again before his movie comes out next year. Cause I gotta say, Tony is quickly becoming the next big master villian in the Marvel U.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I used to like Tony before CW but somehow the way he's been acting...he's like a er, facist lately. I'm sure Marvel can do something to write around Tony's recent actions...but really, to use the Skrull plot is kinda cheap.

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a big fan of where they're going with this. BMB made a good point in some interviews- the Skrulls truly believe that this is their world. And if you're a race of shapeshifters, how do you go about getting it back- guns a-balzing, or subtrefuge. Also...creepy baby eyes FTW!

8. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Interesting things could come of this. I just hope that Bendis and Marvel stay true to what Bendis said. The Skrulls did not cause CW or M-day. That would be a cop out.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Even though if Marvel wanted to use the Skrull card, I don't think the Skrulls can be blamed for the House of M...I mean unless they have someone on the level of Wanda's abilities...unless they brain washed her or something. CW on the other hand...anyway, I hope Bednis keeps his word because it would really render CW and WWH meaningless.

10. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Here's an interesting idea. Bendis has been using thought balloons in the Mighty Avengers. If a hero had been replaced by a Skrull, their thoughts would be different than a normal superhero. Maybe this is part of the way Bendis will say who's normal and who's a skrull.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh...but that would be too obvious...I think different thought balloons will be used when a Skrull reveal himself.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Captain America that dies was a Skrull...he's not really dead. He's chillin with Biggie, Tupac, and Elvis somewhere in the Bahamas :lol 

13. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually baby milk came up in a previous issue when Luke went to the store to buy it. The baby's normal when Dr Strange casts his spell. The Baby looks OK at the start of NA31 whenour attention is once again drawn to the milk and only looks funny at the end after drinking the milk.

Therefore the milks to blame.

Did you know there were at one point a herd of cows that were actually disguised Skrulls ? And the milk from that was doing odd things to people ? I'll get you the issue and trade nos when I get home on Monday.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah he's dead. Just he's now in a new body cloned by Arnim Zola etc

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I remembered the Skrulls-cow thing...but for Marvel's plot for to the Skrull-cow's milk are the cause of the behaviour changes is abit stretching things...afterall, weren't the Skrulls er, male? My memory's hazy on that one! LOL!

As for Dr. Strange saying that Luke's kid is normal...it won't be above (or below) Marvel tp recon things to suit the storyline.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, not impressed with this at all. It's basically just an easy way for Marvel to...

- Dump any character alterations that didn't go over well with fans. Expect anyone who did anything OOC over the past five years, or who underwent an unpopular change, to be revealed as a Skrull, with the "real" version alive somewhere else.
    - Explain away Millar's ham-handed "lookee at my Bush-sucks parable" character assassinations in Civil War (Tony Stark and Reed Richards, for instance), without explicitly violating the claim that there would be no supervillain or mastermind behind Civil War.
    - Reset other major changes that deviate too much from the status quo; "remasking" Spider-Man being the most likely, IMO.
    - 'Resurrect' virtually any character who died within the past five years or so that they feel like bringing back, using the "the one that died was a Skrull" excuse.

It's not entirely that I have a problem with the idea itself (although the "shapeshifting infiltrators" plot has been done to death), just that I expect to see it turn out as nothing more than an extended series of awkward retcons with a thin storyline holding the mess together. Marvel 616 needs a serious overhaul, not just another coat of retcons to hide the structural damage.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    They'll probably reveal that Mary Jane is a Skrull, too. That way they can kill her off without trouble.

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Some info.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/kingscrossingskrull.htm

I would actually find that really really awesome if they used the Cow idea in the story.

19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, that's what I meant. Ta. Reprinted in FF Visionaries: John Byrne V3

20. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

That's my thought too. Quesada hates the spider marriage and he says the only ways to end it is with her death or with a divorce, but the only things worse than a married Spider-Man are a widower Spider-Man or a divorced Spider-Man. If I remember correctly, Spidey and MJ reconcilled their marriage after he rescued her from a kidnapper. That was probably after the switch took place.

I actually think all of the Illuminati are Skrulls. They were all captured by the Skrulls early in that series and the ones that were rescued were actually Skrulls. And those characters were so integrated into the Marvel Universe that they could easily help facilitate a secret Skrull invasion, replacing a lot of key super heroes, without anybody noticing. It would at least partially explain why so many characters have been acting out of character since Civil War.