New Avengers #24

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Nov 1, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Spoilers.

So...excuse me for my uncertainty, but the Sentry is now, after Iron Man's incredibly well articulated speech, on the Pro-Reg side? Bob never explicitly SAID as much, but he also accompanied Tony back to Earth. Also, with the Thor clone AND Sentry on the same side, doesn't this pretty much seal Pro-Reg's victory in the Civil War?

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It was pretty obvious they would win the battle from the begining. They have lots of heavy hitters, not to mention SHIELD backing them.

Things will get real interesting once they get captured and put into the new prison. Don't forget, Cap still has that prison key Zemo gave him in Thunderbolts.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, but cap hasnt been captured yet....im sorta bored with a bunch of the tie ins...and it really bugs me that cap and iron mans tie ins just started....but this was a cool ish, and shows the leadin to the silent war that is coming...

4. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Aren't the thunderbolts going to turn on everyone?

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

According to the "Civil War Files" one shot, the Sentry is in fact registared.

Very well written issue. Bob is a very interesing character IMO. Good art too.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Sentry seems to be pro reg. But something will happen. It has to. The Iron man side has been shown as complete dicks and has all the hitters. It's to lopsided. They want everyone to hate the registered side.

However, I am amused by the Choosing Sides story. US Agent is a cocky SOB but he did register because it was his duty. And now he's the inside man on Alpha Flight. Very cool.

As for the Cap tie-in, it doesn't even have anything to do with Cap. it's all about his friends, whom I couldn't care less about. I think this book is going off my pull list. Brubacker was awesome at first but now it's gotten dull. Only thing he is still great at is DD.

7. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Until World War Hulk. :ev: 

-XCN-

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Quick thought - I know the Void was (at least temporarily) disposed of, but if the Void exists to do the opposite of whatever the Sentry does...does that leave open the possibility that, for everything the Sentry does for the Pro-Reg side, the Void will counterbalance with something for the Anti-Reg side..?

It's essentially for this reason that I believed, prior to this issue, that the Sentry would remove himself from this conflict.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey! I was about to say that! Anyway, I got a feeling the status quo will change when mean green returns...he has a score to settle with Tony and Reeds...

10. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ... they have the psycho Thor clone AND the Sentry?!?! I guess they finally did the Spider-Man switch to keep us reading!

many may enjoy this, but it still feels like one big clusterf^$@#$%...

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It's starting to look like that's gonna take place on the other planet... didn't you see the end of the "Anarchy" arc?

12. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

So far, they're keeping their lips sealed -- but I think it's fair to say that Hulk vs. The Illuminati is inevitable at some point. There's a backup story in #100 which looks to be a setup for this.

-XCN-