New Asia Exclusive Deluxes image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bass X0, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Its not a large clear size image but its better than the card backs we've previously seen.

Cliffjumper is easily the worse and most pointless. He's just a different shade of red to regular Cliffjumper and with a new head that doesn't really suit his body. I won't be getting any of these four but I will probably think of this Cliffjumper as being Prime Cliffjumper, not G1 Cliffjumper. I can only assume this was done for those fans who weren't able to get the regular Prime Cliffjumper. But even so, this is still a waste of a slot that could have gone to someone else. Perhaps if they really wanted to use this mold then repaint it into yellow as Hubcap.

Springer looks decent in vehicle mode but I never cared for the robot mode whatever colors this mold has. Springer does deserve a new toy though even if it is a repaint given his prominence in the original 1986 movie and season three of the cartoon.

Wheelie looks decent. The mold looks good in these colors regardless of what people think about the character choice.

And Swerve is the first proper repaint of the Kup mold we've seen (the others don't really count). Reminds me of Enforcer Ironhide from the movie line so the vehicle mode doesn't do a great deal for me. Swerve's robot mode looks decent though and you can see they tried to be close to the Mini-Bot's color scheme as the mold would allow.

If they were retail price, I would pick up Swerve and Wheelie. But since they're exclusives likely to cost double a normal retail Deluxe, I am fine about not getting any.

Attached Files:

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I don't really care that these are asia exclusives. Cliffjumper looks terrible, Springer and Swerve are really uninteresting to me, and I despise both Wheelie as a character and the mold choice. Seriously, who came up with Wheelie from Jazz?

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think i might need that springer

and heck, swerve too

wheelies tempting, just cuz its so out there for the jazz mold :p 

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though it's a better pic, you still can't make out head details. I just wish RK would get them in (with the Voyagers) and ship them so I can have them. :lol 

Swerve is still my favorite.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    In the robot mode pic, Wheelie's gun is looking a bit like G1 Megatron to me.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I might need that Springer, it's one of the best official ones we've gotten in a while, plus he actually has his own head sculpt!

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    its supposed to be his slingshot right?

[wonders how in the world he's holding a slingshot like THAT xD i guess only wheelie would be able to find a way]

8. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

I'm just not feeling these Asia exclusives, Powerdive and Hotspot are the only figures in this latest group that I have any interest in.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I thought, going by the back of box images we got, but it looks like they changed their minds and went for a gun, or he might have both.

EDIT: holy crap. It IS his slingshot, but there's a peg on the side of it, that he's holding like a gun. I guess they thought the handle was the barrel. The second peg they thought was the handle is for him to be posed pulling it back, I guess.

10. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    wouldnt buy them if they were u.s.a. exclusives ...these are horrible..oh well money saved but hotspot on the otherhand bring him on!!

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Ugh. I need that Swerve. Stupid MTME making me care about the more obscure characters. :( 

I think I need Cliffjumper too. Mostly because at this point I just want a version of that mold that's not a zombie.

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I kinda dig the Cliffjumper. He's not amazing, but I wouldn't mind having one.

Swerve is great. Totally dig it.

Wheelie is... meh. Great mold, one of my favorites, but Wheelie's supposed to be a little guy. Just weird to me.

Springer... I'll keep my Warbot Defender, thanks.

13. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Swerve is the only one I'm interested in...

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If I could, i'd get them all but the Cliffjumper.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Cliffjumper appears to be the FE with a new head. Since I own both the original FE release and a WfC CJ standing in for his Classics version to differentiate him from my Classics BB, I'll pass on him. However, for those who might have some interest in the figure, the Reprolabels set for the FE gives him a lot of detail in alt. mode that could serve to differentiate him from his Prime counterpart in a much greater capacity;
    http://reprolabels.com/Prime/cliffjumper.php

Swerve, while interesting (the stripe color switch from truck mode black to white chest is actually pretty effective), is passable since I already have Kup.

Springer looks really, really good, and the Tomahawk mold is very nice. To be honest, when was the last time he actually ever used his car mode? The only thing that could have been done with the figure was change the rotors to just be two blades that transform Animated leader Megatron style into his sword.

Wheelie is VERY surprising in that I find myself wanting one. Originally it was for a Go-Bot homage to Crossword but the remolded head and the fact the gun appears to be a perfect match for his slingshot weapon (I bet the gun's "Barrel" can be used as a handle just for that) really make the mold look good. I also don't care for scale "accuracy" when it comes to mini-bots, so if Wheelie is not as small as he probably should be, that's okay as long as he isn't a freakin Voyager.

16. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I want them ALL!

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    He couldn't transform to helicopter mode during All Hail Megatron because he was damaged but other than that, briefly in the original movie I think.

18. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wheelie, swerve and Springer dont look bad. that cliffjumper is a pass. I've inquired with Kapow Toys on facebook what the pricing will be. if it's nto too bad, i'll import at least one of those

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Yeah, I remember the brief moment from the movie where he revs up and then just transforms to go blade-to-axe with Wreck-Gar/random Junkion, but outside of that it feels like it's just something a lot of fans want that really doesn't seem that important or useful to the character.

Although honestly, Rotorstorm is a much better fit for the figure if it needs to be an IDW Wrecker, since it matches his Transformation almost perfectly AND has his missile launchers be able to be dual wielded. A Whirl wouldn't be that bad a fit, either.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I know we need Rotorstorm. He's the Kamina of the Wreckers down to the visor.

Hopefully soon Hasbro....soon.