New Armada Red Alert Variant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rikkomba, Nov 6, 2007.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

Hi there!
    I got the Japanese version of Powerlinx Red Alert:
    Micron Legend Ratchet Super Mode.
    BTW, this completes my collection of Armada & Micron Legend (except Space Galaxy Microns).

So, there's is a variant here.
    The writing "RESCUE" on the hood, which should be "better" outlined on the Jap version is totally missing on mine: no RESCUE to be found. Also, the minicon's ladder/hook/arm/whatever has metal pins instead of just plastic joints!
    Ain't it great?
    Also, I got 2 different, MISB, TRU exclusive PL Jetfire (Jap version) and both toys are IDENTICAL to the American version, despite what the Variant Quest says! Anybody has an explanation for this? Also, Jetfire's weapon has lights but no sounds...

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Nobody really cares about armada toys anymore.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    There are people on this board that care about Armada toys. They may not be the majority, but they're here. :wink: 

Could there be photos provided here of this?

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speak for yourself.

Best series and toys IMO.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT. While I personally don't think that it was the best series, or had the best toys, it was a lot better than what most people say it was imo. Also, pictures would be nice, as I'm kinda curious :D 

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i personally like my display of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron toys. together.

so yes i still care about armada!

7. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Burn!!!

I echo SQ's sentiments. They may not be the most popular, but a snarky remark such as "Nobody cares about Armada toys anymore" is lame and rude. You may not like them, but I am sure there are a bunch who do. Not necessarily my cup of tea, but I respect other's collections and what not.

8. rikkomba

I have one of the world's most complete Armada collections and Europe's first minicon collection... and I am 1,94 for 120 kilos: I guess I matter a little, lol :-D

Here's the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's cool

10. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Sweet!

11. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup missing the Rescue that I have on my US powerlinx Red Alert. interesting.

While I am not too fond of the toy line, I do own all the US armada toys, and some of the Japanese as well. Got me back into TFs, and taught me the valuable lesson of not to be a completionist.

Armada > Energon Autobot Combiners and Energon Powerlinx Feature.

12. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Metal Pins FTMFW!
    Armada Too.

13. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I agree completely. My first TF toy (post-G2) was Armada Starscream, which is still a kickass toy. And the Armada gimmicks are way better than the Energon Autobots. (Decepticons, no. Autobots, definitely.)

14. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm 27, and although I grew up with G1...I quickly abandoned toys once they became "uncool." (I'm sure many of us made the same stupid mistake)

Armada brought be back into the fandom, and was just incredible. It had its flaws, but so do ALL Transformers series/toylines. Its a shame that everyone bashes it so much. Hopefully 20 years from now...Armada will celebrate a resurgence, and we can all enjoy some Powerlinx action again!

In fact, I hold Armada in such high-regard that almost all of my kitbashing is done in honor of those characters.

This is great news...and I really might go back and look into purchasing the japanese figures now. (At the time I got into Armada, I was still in college, struggling to pay bills) But now that I got some extra dough, Micron Legend interests me!

15. rikkomba

The problem is that when people think about Armada, think about Superbase Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Sideways and Smokescreen, forgetting the awesome rest: for example, reviews of Superbase OP most times never got corrected after Overload was out in stores, they kept alerting people about a mysterious, awful gap behind the shoulders...

MIcron Legend toys are cool. I finally got them all, excluding 2 kabaya teams and 1 exclusive team. I can tell you that almost all of them are different, excluding items like Thrust (totally identical), regular minicon teams (same products) and.... no, that's it. Sideswipe has a different head, Thundercracker has red instead of pink, Demolishor's repiant is fuxia/purple instead of brick red... and so on.

16. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    armada and rid got me back into collecting, while I agree that some of the toys are not really desirable, alot of them are really cool. armada starscream is my favorite starscream of all time.