New Animated toy listings at Kmart.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus Peev, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

That stinks of rudeness. I have never made a purchase on E-Bay yet and I do not want to have to pay for stuff that should be out at mass retail, I mean we are talking over five deluxes and two voyagers plus the Activators. E-Bay is where you go for marked up gougers to pull the lead out, it is easier and cheaper to ask fellow fans for deals on stuff, and that is a preferred method.

Also telling me to just DEAL WITH IT is in no way making me feel less angry at the decision made by Hasbro/K-Mart, K-Mart is a dead store chain that doesn't know when to die off, I remember an abundance of K-Marts in Canada back when I was growing up in the 80s. But they couldn't hack it or just lost out to the big Wal-Mart Monster so they sold off all their stores in Canada and that was the end of that.

I don't see why Wal-Mart, TRU or even Target wouldn't prefer to get these figures over K-Mart. I think they could be very profitable and sell quite a few. It's all the Movie lines fault, if 2007 hadn't been such a banner year for Transformers because of all the crazies buying up Movie toys Animated wouldn't be in the fix it is now... I suppose it is better than having Botcon exclusives, but I can just see the insane markup BBTS and other online retailers will give to these figures if they are K-Mart exclusives. :cry 

2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that these will be KMart exclusives? When we find listings for new stuff on Walmart computers, people don't automatically assume that they are all Walmart exclusives. Why is everyone doing it now?

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

According to Vangelus and Gogdog it's the two pack Prime with the flight attachments from the animated finally episodes and a new version of the Magnus hammer.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure. If they were exclusives, the listings would say it. Most, if not all, of the remaining Animated figures will be wide releases. Especially the new molds, which Hasbro & Takara have put too much work into for them to just be store exclusives.

5. DinobotNny

DinobotNny Dewbot

Well, I for one don't care if they are exclusives or not (I have two KMarts relatively close by if they are), as long as they are actually released.

6. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

K-Mart still exists? Either way thats most of what we heard at botcon hope they come out soon.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is nothing here to indicate, nor has there ever been anything to indicate any of these are K-mart exclusives.

This is how unfounded rumors get started that end up confusing a lot of people. When these finally come out, there's going to be a whole bunch of "I thought these were Kmart exclusives" posts, thanks to this thread.

8. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

Damn. Too bad they are going to be K-mart exclusives.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:

Assuming they are Kmart exclusives...

Why "should" they be out at mass retail?

Why wouldn't WM, TRU or Target prefer them?

Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you, me, or other fans, but the apparent status is that Wal-mart, TRU, Target, etc. do not want them.

*If* those stores wanted them, *then* they "should" be out at mass retail.

*If* those stores wanted them, they probably would have gotten them before Kmart.

However, for whatever reason(I'd have to guess mainly preferring larger projected profits from movie toys), those stores did not want them.

10. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    PEOPLE, there is NOTHING here that indicates these are K-Mart-only exclusives. Quit your crying.

11. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously. I highly doubt all of those would be exclusive. I mean, all of them? really? No.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if they DO turn out to be K-mart exclusives, then there's no reason to be mad at hasbro. BE HAPPY.

all it would mean is that K-mart is the only store that would take them. so with the choice of them being exclusives to whatever store, and not getting them at all, well, the choice is obvious.

13. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    YES! Good to hear.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it id the deluxe two pack prime with the armor, said armor can attach to the voyager mold

15. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    :bay :bay :bay  Oh, HELL YEAH!!!! :bay :bay :bay 

16. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    With how Kmart runs things (and I highly doubt these will be exclusive to them like a lot of people seem to think) these figures won't show up on shelves until late 2011 and will be deeply discounted for an inexplicable reason.

Probably smashed to bits and already opened as well...

17. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MUST HAVE! I have gotten like 2 movie toys. Not feeling that line. But I will buy multiples of the rest of the Animated figures.

18. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

What apparent status? There is absolutely nothing to indicate that these are exclusives, and there is NOTHING to indicate that the other mass retailers don't want them. Just because they show up in the listings on one store's computer system, it does not mean that no other store is carrying them!

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    good job ignoring the top of the post you left out of your quote. you know, the one that says:

20. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Cheer up mate. Even if they do turn out to be K-exclusives, they'll just end up at Zellers anyway. I've seen both K-Mart and Target exclusives in mine before. Zellers is like the world's flea market nowadays. :)