New Animated? I Don't Get It?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Since they said that there will be new Animated toys coming like Ironhide, Rodimus, Blackout, Wing Blade Optimus and many more, I don't get why lots of stores are canceling Animated orders. So are there going to be more or they are just going to keep canceling? Because the only Animated Toy I want is Voyager Blackout. Even I it doesn't come I will get it on Ebay, no matter how much (as long as its under $100, shipping included).

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    The store will sell more Movie than Animated.

And the shelves are already CLOGGED with Transformers enough as it is

3. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Ya, went to walmart today and the aisles are packed with toys. They don't appear to be moving really well, which worries me about future releases. I mean, either they've got a ton of stock, or sales are slow. Cuz i haven't seen a dent put into these aisles in a long time.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Animated didn't sell when it was on the shelves I don't see the point. Around here I could almost tell you exactly what you would see in Target since the exact same box was in the exact same place as the last time I was there. The kids didn't care for it and outside of some fans on here neither did the adults. Honestly I think they are releasing them because they already have the expensive molds made so they pretty much must use them.

5. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

^^^I'm glad you're not prone to hyperbole or broad generalization.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hasbro has stated the ROTF figures are selling REALLY well, it is just stores are keeping well stocked, so it just looks like the toys aren't selling.

7. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Animated toy for web store only? :drunk 
    If so that will sure save them lots of cash in pushing to toy to retailers.

8. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    animated = FAIL in toy sales...plus who wants to get more characters of a CANCELLED TV show?
    universe has always sold great because they are reinterpretations of existing characters...

animated should be condemned to the dark halls of HTS and leave it at that....

9. guard convoy

News Credits:
    when animated had new toys they sold well, it was when stores overstocked on toys everybody had when things slow down....and about 90% of the fandom wants those characters, expecially arcee.....if hasbro was to again can a car arcee......i don't even want to think about what would have happened

10. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say Animated stuff will be shoved out around the same time as the Season 3 dvd's release. I don't know why it's a problem with people. :/

11. Cliffjumper1978

Cliffjumper1978 Well-Known Member

Good point. How dare Hasbro do something to please the fans

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking only for my area here, mileage may vary in other locations:

While Animated was actively running, before the end of the new releases and the coming of RotF, the line was selling fairly well in my area. Now, however, it's come to a complete halt. Virtually every store I check has at least some Animated Deluxes and Voyagers in stock. Wal-Mart has the most left, with 2 full peg rows of TFA Deluxes at all the locations I check, and I don't think any of them have moved since RotF was released. Same with TFA Voyagers. One Wreckgar sold at one TRU I frequent (after sitting around for about 3 weeks), but none of the other Voyagers moved. Even during the TRU sale when TFA Leaders were half off, hardly anything moved. Unfortunately, I think this is going to be a problem when it's time to release the new Animated stuff. Are the Wal-Marts and TRUs in my area going to want new TFA Deluxes when they've got pegs and pegs of them that haven't sold in months? I think Target might be the only place around me that gets any new Animated stuff, since most of the locations I check have moved almost all of their old Animated stock, but still have pegs cleared for TFA.

And will retailers want more Animated when it's just going to take space away from RotF? In my area, the shelves are always well-stocked with RotF, but there's clear turnover, especially at the Deluxe and Voyager level (I'm surprised how well the Voyagers seem to be selling).

I just really hope that the new TFA stuff gets a chance at retail. If something like TFA Arcee ends up an HTS exclusive, I can see it being a situation like SDCC Nemesis Prime all over again.

13. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

So, because you don't like something, fuck everyone who does?

Really great approach to life.

14. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    ^ This.

15. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Uh, I do. I'd love to get Wingblade Optimus, Electro Static Soundwave, and Arcee. Especially WB Optimus, but any of those would be bought on site.

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I hope they give the Wingblade Prime articulated fingers instead of molded fists so at least enable a try to hold the hammer from Magnus, which is the original and looks better.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Yea, who would want toys and characters based on a show that hasn't been on the air in over 20 years!

...oh wait, you meant animated. My mistake.

18. guard convoy

News Credits:
    images show that the wingblade arm things actually got fist that open, and not peg fist, so he can hold the hammer that comes with him

19. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

I just watched all of animated - it blows G1 and the bayformers out of the water - best cartoon since Avatar, which might have been the best ever.

I'd buy ever animated thing they put out.

20. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What ever you say little boy :3 Im sure you have tons of super cool made up sales numbers you want to share, but right now, adults are having a conversation.