Heavy/Scratch: new and improved chug onslaught/bruticus wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mstyger87, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

new and improved chug onslaught/bruticus wip update 6/2/2012

i team well this is my onslaught and a glimpse of what bruticus will look like, ive modified the legs so they transform very similar to his g1 self, and also added a telescopic joint into his torso allowing it to slide upwards for gestalt mode, ive also added so far the male pieces of the energon port onto his forearms, also im working on some back cannons similar to the fansproject ones so they can come over his shoulder like the cartoon had him doing, im using his riot shield as the chest plate as i want minimum as possible gestalt kibble and i am getting there, ive cut the sheild down and it actually looks better now in storage on his back, the same size as the backpack which was a bonus, i am trying to make him look like the bruticus out of the convention comic i think it was where the combaticons started out as autobots, anyway i hope you enjoy, also the reason im doing these updates is becuase i got bored of them and wanted to do something similar to tfc, thanks for looking, comments and crits welcome :) 
    mat
    p.s. i forgot to mention, onslaught still transforms identical to what he used to into vehicle mode :) 
    UPDATE PAGE 2

Attached Files:

2. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice! I like the mods u made to the upper legs 4 the combined mode.

3. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I love what you did to Onslaughts legs.That is how i wanted mine to look,i just couldn't work how to do it.Where is the head from?Keeping an eye on this thread.

4. nemesis_primusX

nemesis_primusX the autobot quick-killer

This will be MAGNIFICENT!!!!

5. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

the head my friend is from my hard head, because i have the headrobot for him he no longer needed this one, i also added a balljointed neck so he now has better head movement :) 

6. Lt. Faceless

I meant the Bruticus head.Is it oversized?I'm using a Prime head(ROTF)from one of those stomping toys.Finding a head that big is tricky to come by.

7. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

sorry my bad, the head i originally got from ptvite of the forums, although since then it has been heavily modified, made bigger etc, hope this helps :) 

8. Lt. Faceless

Wasn't sure if it was a custom or not.Now that i know it is,i don't have to track one down.I really like what i see in the pics.

9. Destructicon 1

Do the chest shield and crotch plate join to make onslaughts' full shield? Cause that is def sumthing i will try if u didnt. Also where did u get the thighs of onslaught from they work so well 4 what u need him 2 do? Any alt mode pics and when will we see brawl and swindle? Keep at it man!

10. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

well im keeping swindle as my old one with a few little mods and i have something very interesting planned for brawl, this group is a rehash you see so the old ones will be up somewhere on the forums, as for the thighs they are a combination of jetfire top half with land mine bottom half, hope that helps dude

11. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

hi team here is an update of my brut and i have him next to hercules aka devastator for size comparison, i like how he is bigger because well he is made of military vehicles, anyways enjoy, as always comments and crit welcome :) 

Attached Files:

12. Destructicon 1

Nice wip pic!

13. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

pretty kool chest for Bruticus. gotta have a wing shield in the end tho.. I like your non parts forming approach to the thighs. Im doing something similar for a voyager devastator. ill definately wanna see how this turns out.

and I would recommend scratch built leg figures like your arms coz that swindle is looking a bit small attached to the rest of this guy.

14. Lt. Faceless

You should bring the crotch sheild up some.So it covers the top of the legs.Swindle is looking a tad small.Have you thought about Cybertron Defence Hotshot? Nice APC mode with a nice bot mode.Just some suggestions,looking very good.

15. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

i think everyone will be very happy with how this turns out, i am going to stick to the hound mold as i am very fond of this swindle, being my first :)  dont worry he will look all good when done, much like spawn did when he had one smaller leg compard to his other that was alot bigger, i have big plans for brawl so stay tuned :) 
    p.s does anyone have any hands that are a bout hercules size or know of where to get some, cheers
    styger

16. Lt. Faceless

I'd suggest Unicorn hands.I think Primus hands would be to small for him.

17. Constructor

Constructor Witness my true form!

I'd search on the radicon thread for "reversable tfp prime mod"
    They have a link to a shop that sells articulated robot hands.
    I can't remember exactly what the shop was called,
    but the hands come in multiple sizes.
    Hope this helps your amazing custom!

18. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    just a thought, how well will swindle's midsection hold up with all the weight, it might give way under all that way, are you reinforcing it somehow?

19. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

i will be reinforcing his midsection, i think he will stand up resonably well to the weight, i did a half ass weight test on him and he seems to hold ok, i think alongside brawl he will work very well as brawl will bear the majority of the load :) 

20. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Oh man, I love how this is looking so far!