New AI Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    We already know they remade the AI from the ground up for FOC.
    But have we payed attention to this?
    The AI is much better. Seriously. I was in Vortex's mission once, and I had just jumped inside the central support, and I quickly sniped one soldier, and he looked around for where it came from.
    Another time, I was in Bruticus's mission as Swindle, and I had just passed the first Teletraan-1 station and grappled up to the platform. I looked down and shot the first soldier, went back to look for audio logs, and when I came back, there was a bunch of Autobots in a group waiting to ambush me. Then, in Megatron's second mission, I was in the part right after you pull the lever for Trypticon's torso, and you go out into a corridor and battle a ton of Autobots, I had run back into the control room, I came back out, and the Autobots were as close as possible, but they ran farther away.
    THEN, I was on the catwalks and I had just killed an Autobot, then I suddenly take damage from behind to discover an Autobot had just hit me.

This is very smart AI and I think we should appreciate it.

2. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Exactly. This AI actually keeps me on my toes. I mean think of it this way, when was the last time a Brute from WFC actually posed any kind of threat...or even a Destroyer. Now think of those as opposed to what I think are the FOC equivalent, the Leapers or Titans. Escalation is actually hard this time around instead of a "camp at the overshield station" fest.

3. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    The AI are pretty good for such a "young" franchise. Of course, there are much better, but yeah, I like how the AI were smart enough to wait for me to go around the corner, and then shoot me with a shotgun.

The only thing that bothers me is the lacking ability to transform. It would have been a lot nicer to play Optimus' massive driving portion if you could have an epic car chase as well. AI come in either robot, or vehicle form. A bit unfortunate, but the AI are still fun.

4. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    The thing that pissed me off to no end in WFC was that the AI had invincibility frames while transforming. This was yet ANOTHER flaw in WFC. See I'm totally happy with the AI in FOC as it is challenging while not being cheap. Who cares if they turn into a truck only to turn back into a robot about half a second later....

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do like the improved AI. The enemies taking cover and trying to sneak around and flank me from the sides or behind makes the battles more fun and intense. Good job HMS!

6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They definitely are improved. I just wish they transformed...

7. MarChaos

MarChaos TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

As much as I love the new AI, shotgunners are still assholes...

8. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Don't even get me started haha it's like they have a personal vendetta against me whenever I play escalation with friends.

9. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

I felt unimpressed with the AI. It was far from bad, but it basically came down to rocket troopers shooting tickets from cover, shotgunners rushing persuing, and the rest just shot from cover and moved around a bit... And only the occasional jet would actually transform. It was marginally better than WFC's AI, but atleast there enemy's would transform.

10. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

It is much better, but honestly even on Hard mode, it's just like shootin' cyber-ducks in a barrel. They just stand there and get killed.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Am I playing the same game as you? Having played both games on hard I haven't found any difference in AI behaviors. They die just as fast, and don't do anything different than what they did in WfC...

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    They ambush you, detect and remember where you are, realize when you're not in sight, move around based on where you are and they generally feel more alive. I felt sad to kill that guy who hit me in the back.

13. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've just reached the Vortex / Swindle stages and am really enjoying the game. Only on normal mode as I'm learning what the mobs do, but they feel like they'll be fun in hard mode >)

14. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I like the improved AI, but as others have stated, I wish the enemies would transform.

15. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    You play Minecraft, don't ya? ;)