New action figure set up @ Target

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by flywheels, Jul 23, 2006.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I've reported in other threads, I just returned from the new Super Target's grand opening down the road from me. First of all I was surprised to see that the toy section was right at the front door...assuming you didn't enter the grocery end of the store. Anyhow, they had the new set up obviously and I was happy to report that Transformers has been given a very large set up. My wife was kinda rushing me thru the aisle, but if my memory serves me correct TFs probably had at least a 4 foot section.

Plenty of facings on the shelves for Alternators (no Mirage, Meister or Prime though), Cybertron voyager, leader and supreme classes (yes, the did have the Unicron head Primus!), 6" Titaniums as well of having plenty of pegs for Cybertron Mini-Cons, scouts and deluxes and the 3" Titaniums. They also had the new large TF vs. Star Wars Attacktix battle set, 4 pk starter sets as well as the blister packaged booster packs. Still not too sure what to think about the whole TF Attacktix angle, but the large Omega Supreme and Omega Sentinel figures sure did look cool...had no idea that'd they would be so large though.

Only TFs that I really didn't see were the 10th Anniversary Beast Wars...which didn't surprise me to much seeing how onlt Prime & Megs are left to be released. Guess I should go ahead and pick up Rattrap and Rhinox at the other local Targets before the resets hit if I ever want a complete Trans-Mutate figure.

Outside of TFs, they also had a fairly large section devoted to G.I.Joe Sigma Six. They even had all of the new 2.5" S6 toys...vehicles included! Lots and lots of comic related toys too as well as toy lines I've never seen or heard of...probably all Cartoon Network related.

Suffice to say, I'm excited about having a new store within walking distance of home and it being fully stocked of new toys. It's also a big plus that everything is right there when you enter the store making it that much easier for me to run in and out quickly after work without the wife knowing!! :D 

So, if anyone reading this is antsy for some new toys and doesn't want to wait for their local Target's action figure aisle reset, just shoot me a e-mail and we'll see what I can find for you!

2. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

The stores in my area have still yet to reset their shelves for the Christmas season. Hopefully we'll start to see some new figures. As far as the new beastwars, Meg and OP have been out for a few weeks now. I have seen them before and coincidently enough, only at Target stores. One Target store has already place the 10th Ann. BW figures on clearenced. they're not selling that well in Tucson.

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I guess I'll make the Target run this week (nearest one an hour away!).

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope to hell they shrunk down the Superman and Pirates sections. They were way too big and seeing how many of the toys are already on clearance, they didn't sell too well. It will be interesting to see how big the Star Wars section is as well. I hope its as big as Transformers.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I may have to check out my local Target... I wonder how they'll do it though since the toy section is on the second floor...

6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

The toy sections at the Targets here look like they were hit by tornados and they gave up what little space for Transformers to Bratz dolls :cry 

Just kidding about the Bratz dolls.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :poke 

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

My targets have put marvel Xmen in where the deluxe TFs are supposed to be.

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

The SuperTarget closest to me that opened in October '05ish has this setup and is as yet still the only one I've been in that does. The first time I walked in, I was like, "Bwa?!" It's fucking great! No walking all the way to the opposite corner from the door. Just walk in, hit up the AF aisle, poke around the endcaps and BOOM, out the door.

And they still get their impulse purchase from me every now and then by virtue of keeping the media section next to toys. I'm not going to buy Cheetos on the opposite side of the store, but I might, and have, bought a new/on sale DVD, video game or even CD on occasion.

I'ma have to check out the reset. Might actually be my best chance at nabbing Alt. Prime/Mirage. Woulda gone today if I'd read your post before I left for work.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ahh, can't beat that new store smell.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Best to wait till the first week of August. Most stores will be resetting about a week from today but it can vary. Or just call and ask first.

12. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

Ill have to make my target run through... in about 3-4 hours I can hit 7 Target stores in my surrounding areas plus 4 walmarts and 2 TRU stores! However.. the last time I did that... i still didnt find anything new except a LOC prime :( 

13. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

pics would be nice to

14. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I had a camera phone I'd sneak a few pics of the aisle, but I don't think they would want me walking down through the store snapping shots w/ a regular camera.

15. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Guys, don't other checking your targets until late this week and next week. The set date for the toy transition is 7/30. That's the date teams will start resetting toys.

The reason the set was done early for the grand opening store is because the grand opening is so close to the set date. Most of you guys will still find the old set up in your stores.

My store is setting toys a week early because we are actually ahead on our planograms.

Just a word of advice, 7/30 is when most Targets will start resetting toys.

EDIT: Didn't see Orodruin's post

Yep, my target condensed most action figures into one aisle to make room for all the clearance. Don't worry, it's nothing permanent, they're supposed to do that about a month before every transition.

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They started resetting at the Target by my house. The TF section actually looks a little bigger. I didn't see any pegs for Classics but there were spots for Primus and the 6" Titaniums.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That actually sounded like flexing to me. Since the aisles are all MPG before the reset stuff just ends up anywhere, and with the Xmen figs right next to deluxes, open pegs get filled. I've see it at my store plenty. *shrug*

18. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It's weird to see the SW line get a lot of space, while the TF line get a tiny space, when Hasbro has said that the SW line sales are dwindling, while the TF line helped them keep afloat.

Hopefully there will be a better balance.

19. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Yeah it is, I just figured I'd use laymans terms, granted flexing isn't a very technical term, but anyways.

I set the ad at my store and let me tell you, signing toys for the ad is hell at Christmas because every aisle is flexed to the max.

20. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I don't know if anyone can answer this question, but here goes: The Target near my office has stopped carrying the BW10th line, or at least I assume so because they haven't been on shelves in months, and the computer doesn't even recognize the DPCI. Is there a chance that BW will return with the reset, or is that on a store-by-store basis?