New 2009 City Commander + Add -On: Where's the gun go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rev_Pee_Kitty, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Rev_Pee_Kitty

Rev_Pee_Kitty Order Malkavian-Dobbsian

I recently ordered the 2009 upgraded City Commander that includes the add-on kit. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME set. I'm so glad they reissued it; I was kicking myself for not getting it the first time (too broke). But anyway...

The add-on instructions are pretty horrible -- they use washed-out, dark, black+white pictures that you can barely see. So can someone please tell me, where do I put his new gun in vehicle mode? The instructions indicate that it can attach to the trailer, but I'll be darned if I can make out what that picture is suppose to be of. So far the best I can do is cram it into a fist hole at the top, and that looks kind of lame.

(Note: In case anyone's not aware, the 2009 CC reissue is a minor remold from the original 2008 CC. If you have the original release and you bought the add-on kit separately, please don't try answering this, as you and I have slightly different molds.)

2. Rev_Pee_Kitty

Oh, another thing I figured out is that I can stick it where one of the missile launchers goes, but that looks even worse -- all lop-sided. The hole fits pretty well, though, so I hope that's not the official answer...

3. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

4. Rev_Pee_Kitty

That seems to work, but it's definitely a "rig". I wish FansProject had a color PDF of the TFX03 add-on kit instructions, so I could actually see the darn picture. There's supposed to be an actual spot where you can peg this thing in, built into the mold.

What's weird is that there are two holes that aren't doing anything on the right side of the trailer, toward the back (both as part of the shoulder armor), but neither one accomodates the gun.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people say that there's some sort of space along the top of the new trailer for it, but I haven't seen a picture of it in action.

But I think your eyes need checking. I can make out what's going on in the instructions from photographs of the sheet from TFSource's order page.

6. Rev_Pee_Kitty

I admit that my vision is pretty bad, and I'm glad to hear that yours is apparently 20/20 -- can you do me a favor, then, and tell me from that photograph exactly (1) where and (2) how I connect the gun to the trailer in vehicle mode?

Thanks in advance!