never gonna be enough.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Im so frustrated right now. I feel like no matter what i do or how hard I work we will never get ahead. Did all the right things. went to school got great grades, work my ass off and still its paycheck to paycheck and I cant provide the life I want for my family. So frustrated right now. Sometimes I wonder what it is that keeps them with me. I feel like a totally failure with no options. Anyone else having major issues and just need to vent? I know we have it much better than many folks and that God has blessed us but I am so frustrated.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I feel like that sometimes, but I also got to remember that I put myself in the financial place I am in and its up to me to get out. Im doing it, slowly though

3. tronzgirl

tronzgirl Banned

I totally feel ur pain but as the saying goes "this too shall pass". I was already living paycheck to paycheck now I'm being garnished by our goverment!!! I PAY FOR THEIR SALARY!!! Its rough...there are some days I don't want to get out of bed....but I have a beautiful healthy daughter and I will work my lil butt off so she can have a decent memorable childhood. Things are rough now but it truly does make us stronger :) 

4. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Whenever I feel that way, I tend to go on the internet and seek advice in the most inappropriate of places, like Transformers forums.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are 2 people i know that i honestly hate to see them so miserable. One's got a post grad degree and is in a decent position at a college (admin) but he can't afford to replace his '94 Camry.
    the other one, he's retired with benefits and full health care, making a comfortable living until his wife starts spending. over $4k a month and by the end of the month he's having to decide which bills to fall behind on.

Even when you do what's right, it seems that you still can't win for losing.
    all you can really do is a lot of prep work (college, vocational training, develop skills) and hustle. Or become a rap star.

things will get better, but only if you invest in yourself and keep moving.

just remember that Stephen King had a college degree and a full time job as a teacher AND still couldn't afford a telephone each month. he had to go to his school to answer his agent's calls.

but he kept at it. it can get better for you, too.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    when in doubt, just remember: rick astley's never gonna give you up.*

*hey guys, is rick rolling still funny?

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Only the strong survive.

Keep your head up my man.

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I giggled to be honest.

But on the topical note, I feel ya, I am not enthusiastic about the situations at my job lately and my wife hates hers and can't find another. Just took in two of our nieces so money is strapped more, but we can't give up.

I dunno why but I had an epiphany earlier when wondering why my sister wants to act childish and ignore me sometimes and why I still bother trying to talk to her. My dad was the same way with his sisters and didn't talk to them, and I feel it is up to each new generation to try and fix what they feel didn't work growing up with themselves and the way the new generation is brought about.

I might have ventured off but stay strong my friend, we will make it through in time.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Car is luxury and just a added bonus in life. Just as TF is or any other collectible. If you dont have the money for it then you dont.

Say no to the wife...if she still spends, lock up the money to his account or card or kick her out.

This is pesky problems compared to what soem ppl go through.

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For many people a car is a not a luxury but a necessity. Certain cars may be luxuries though. And of course it depends on the person and their location etc.

11. red4

red4 Banned

What if you sip Clamato while sitting in a lawn chair on top of your wheelless Jetta?

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can totally understand and sympathize with your situation. I think you've importantly pointed out that you are a blessed person, despite your circumstances; I feel this is important when we go through tough times. It's not being an optimist, rather it's seeing one's situation for what it is and choosing to concentrate on the positives present rather than the negatives.

You're providing for your family. It may not be exactly what you're desiring for your family presently, but it sounds like you're able to sustain things and working hard trying to make a better life for your family's future. If you're living "paycheck to paycheck", then that's telling me you're getting a paycheck and you're able to live off of it. There are some who can't say that right now.

I think a handful of posts here are already helpful as well. :thumb 

13. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Spot-on. I live over 20 miles away from, well, anything, and there's no public transport at all. Moving is not an option and without my car I'd be stuffed. For the record, it's a heap of junk.

I feel your pain mate. I've been working for a company for nearly 2 years, and for the last year they've been strugging and as a result paying me about £50 a week (that's about $75usd). Somehow I have to pay rent, car insurance/tax/maintenance/petrol, food, clothes, care for my cat and all the other crap one needs to survive. Clearly that's nowhere near enough (and less than a quarter of what I'm actually earning). The only plus is that my refusal to accept a credit card means I don't have any debt (to the banks, anyway...)

I'd leap at the chance to take a new job, but my disability means nobody else is willing to employ me and the range of work I can do is very limited. Despite this, the government won't pay me disability benefits or housing support (both of which I should be entitled to, but the system is screwed).

As a result I'm forced to endure painful days at work for insufficient pay, with no sign of improvement (and sooner or later I would imagine this job will collapse and I'll have nothing). There's little chance I'll ever be able to have a family as I simply wouldn't be able to support them.

I'm not really a miserable person, but this sorta stuff can take its toll on the best of us. When it all gets too much, I try to remember this:

Despite how bad it all sounds, the majority of the world have it worse. There are people dying of hunger, curable diseases, war and worse... The fact that we can eat, sleep without fear and talk to each other with computers is something to be thankful for.

At the end of the day, all you can do is make the best of what you have. Treat yourself now and then, look after your loved ones and make the best of it. A friend of mine always tells me "Happiness is a journey, not a destination". It may be a cliche, but it gets me through.

Hope things pick up for you mate :) 

irrelevant edit: Whoah, we have a user called Llamatron? I didn't think anyone else would remember that... I sent away for the shareware version on floppy disc when I was about 10 years old. Good times. Revenge of the mutant camels was good too :) 

14. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Thanks everybody. Getting fresh perspective has really helped. Love you guys

15. One

One Well-Known Member

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger .. keep that in your head when your down man I don't have the problems that you have but I have my own to deal with and sometimes I just want go insane but I keep my head up and keep going.

16. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

You got a family, you mind should be thinking nowhere near giving up. Talk you you wife to see where sacrafices have to be made, if any. The fact that you are supporting your family means you are not a failure. You may want better pay, but the economy is part of the things holding you back. Everyone's fighting to keep their jobs, you moving can be seen as a threat. (All situations differ) Keep you chin up, as long as your family is starving, or cold, or homeless, your family is proof of your lack of failure.
    You still do News?

I have issues to vent but know one really understands. (Please, no more talk about Toy forums, last time I've checked this is a General Discussion and we are generally discussing. Sheesh!!!)

17. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I know how it feels to be down and almost and not know where to turn.I work in the oil industry and around this time last year i was laid off from a fanstastic postion inside of am oilfield related company.About that time is when the industry had gone into a real standstill and eveyone was losing jobs.I was forced to live off unemployement benfits for the better part of a year.No one was hiring at the time,then I got lucky and got hooked with a really fanatastic company that im working for now,but still I am playign catch up on eveything and just trying to get back to normal.

You just have to have faith and confidence that everything will turn out ok.Just remember that you doing what you have to do.That family comes first and as long as you are doing what needs to be done to take care of them then your doing your job.It can be rough a times,but it will get better you just gotta keep hope alive.