Nevada Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by code blue, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Lord Astrotrain

Lord Astrotrain trashbag godmaster

i'm going to take a peek at retail ct walmart tomorrow. or possibly target. dunno yet. depends on how my desire for tacos is. and i want ratchet SO BAD. i will post here if i find anything new. i think i saw vector prime at topsy ln, but i don't remember. i blame the vicodin.

full report tomorrow~

i want monday to hurry up and get here so i can have mp skywarp, and hopefully, mp screamer!

2. olddirtyogre

olddirtyogre Well-Known Member

Well I found Universe Hotshot and Ratchet this evening at the S. Virginia Target. Went there looking for the Animated exclusives and came away with these. I bought both, Target only had 1x Hotshot and 2x Ratchet so 1x Ratchet was left over. I have to say that Ratchet, even though he is a repaint is superior in my opinion to Ironhide. I bought Hotshot because my fiance liked him. Minus the crap on his back he isn't that bad, I removed the kiddble and he works much better but I hate that he doesn't have a weapon.
    I'm still looking for Vector Prime and the Target Animated exclusives. Otherwise I think I'm good til the movie premiums hit and I can have my pick at those.

3. olddirtyogre

Found the Target Animated exclusives at the new Target in Sparks. I bought both sets so now it seems I am set until the movie stuff starts rolling out. I might pick up that TRU exclusive Dreadwing, Darkwing, whatever his name is when he's out.

4. Lord Astrotrain

retail ct fails me once again. even though i'm not buying anything for a while, i still look. it's like train-wreck syndrome, i can't help but look.

retail ct had NOTHING. just some animated stuff and a lady bought blurr and i told her AWESOME CHOICE. cos i love my blurr. <3

i did see a copy of the war within omnibus at carson city borders last week. didn't get it though.

got my hours cut so i won't be buying stuff like i used to. just waiting for animated arcee, and i may have universe ratchet and purple shocky in my easter basket. lolz.

i will still report my findings when i can.

5. olddirtyogre

I forgot to post this the other day but my Fiance went out this past Sunday with a friend to pick up her wedding dress and on the way home they stopped at Target on S. Virginia. There she found the Grimlock and Starscream Mighty Muggs! She surprised me when she got home with figures ans said that Target had 1x of each left. Starscream looks pretty damn cool, great paint apps and I love Grimlock's sword.

6. Lord Astrotrain

well. target has also failed me yet again.

i discovered i have a target gift card that i never used, so i went to the jacks valley one for $4.99 sunstorm and shocky. i have a friend that would want my spare activators bee, so it was all set.

i get there...NOTHING. no shelf tags, no nothing. baaaaaaaaaaaw.

they did have one universe ratchet, a buttload of animated deluxes, and the voyagers as well as leaders are on sale too. i think the voyagers are now $18, and the leaders are $21? i don't remember exactly cos i was too busy being annoyed.

they also had mighty muggs. prime, soundwave and a pair of bumblebees.

but...baaaaaaaaaw.

7. Lord Astrotrain

well, i caved. i went to retail ct walmart last night for some stuff, and stopped by the tf aisle...animated deluxes were on sale for $7.88, so i got sentinel and samurai prowl. also got hot shot, but didn't expect to get him for the sale price. i was pleased. i may go back for ratchet, but i dunno.

8. olddirtyogre

So I have been to three WM's here in Reno and none of them have the TFA sale going on. But on a better note, I stopped at TRU tonight after dinner and found a couple of goodies. At TRu they had 2x Darkwind and 2x Countdown, I bought 1x of each and I f*ing LOVE Darkwind's paint job! I never bought Silverbolt...he looked a little ******ed, but this paint job for the Decepticon repaint is fantastic. I also bought some Marvel Minimates! They show up every now and again at TRU and I've been lucky enough to get first grabs when they hit shelves.

9. Amph

Amph Well-Known Member

Hey, does anybody know ANYWHERE in/near the Reno area to find TF comics? I've tried the B&N near Petco, but no luck.

Also, has any body been to the TRU recently? If so, how was their turnout?

10. Lord Astrotrain

amph: there's a comic shop over by the airport. in the same center as costco. but they really don't have much. i think it's called d and j comics or something. something with dj in it. i only went there once. i won't go back cos of the creepy guy factor.

11. olddirtyogre

DJ's Comic Kingdom, as mentioned by tsukachi, used to carry TF comics but they haven't ordered any for about a year, at least to my knowledge. They might have some older back issues in the bins but you might want to call or stop in and browse yourself. There is another comic shop (at least I think it's still there) off of McCarren and Mae Ann. I stopped in once but wasn't searching for TF comics so I'm not sure if they have anything. I remember that store having some odd hours so I'd call before dropping in. There is a comic shop in Sparks that I only learned about a couple of weeks ago called Joe's Comics. They don't sell new comics, but have bins full of back issues all for $1. I grabbed a couple older TF comics including the G.I. Joe crossovers from a couple years back.
    The best place I have gone for TF comics in is Carson City. The store opened a little over a year ago and was formerly named Juggernauts Comics and Collectibles. Their new name is DK's Sierra Mountain Comic's and it's a pretty solid little store. That is currently where I have my pull list where they order me TF comics and such. They are currently the only place in Northern Nevada that are participating in Free Comic Book Day (May 2nd). If there is a new TF comic that you are looking for, just call them ((775) 827-2928), they can also track down older issues if that's what you want, but just remember that procuring and older issue will more than likely cost you more than cover price.

12. olddirtyogre

I forgot to note your other question. I went to TRU the other night and found Darkwind and the other TRU Universe Exclusive. They had 2x of each but I bought 1x of each. They were also having a sale on all TF Deluxe Class, 20% off. There were some TFA Wreck-Gars, Atomic Lugnuts, Mighty Muggs, Universe Unicrons, etc. They have a small assortment now, they seem to be winding down the current TF stock to prepare for the ROTF line of figures.

13. Lord Astrotrain

holy crap i forgot about juggernaut! the comic shop locator doesn't have it listed so...rrrrrrr i need to go there when i get paid again!

that'll save me on gas and i probably won't be stared at by hungry wolves. D8

14. olddirtyogre

I went out looking for some plastic storage containers at Target (they were on sale) but they didn't have the size I was looking for so I continued over to the toy section. Nothing new to report but I finally found a Universe Vector Prime. The box looked a little beaten but the figure was intact and unharmed so i went ahead and purchased him considering this is the first I've seen of this figure. Great figure.
    In other news, most of the stuff I ordered from that HLJ sale has finally trickled in. I'm still waiting on one last box containing MP Thundercracker and Music Label Soundwave.

15. Lord Astrotrain

i went to san jose last week, and got some cool stuff. got spotlight cyclonus (FINALLY), devastation and escalation, some all hail megatron i was missing, and the how to draw transformers book. i must work on the design for my back tattoo.

tomorrow i am heading to dk's comics to see what they have.

olddirtyogre: let me know how mp thundercracker is? i'm thinking about getting him when i get more hours or get my tax return. whichever comes first.

16. olddirtyogre

Today in the mail I received MP Thundercracker and Music label Soundwave (black). As far as MP's go, I'm a virgin. I bought the 20th Anniversary Prime at Walmart when it was discounted years ago and it' actually what got me into collecting Transformers again. Prime is a fantastic figure but I didn't even know about the MP's then, now I do. They've always been out of my price range. I missed out on MP Starscream when it hit (I only ever saw one in store and passed on it, why, I don't know) so I've been hankering for a MP Seeker ever since. The sale at HLJ presented me with the opportunity to get one at a great price. I was originally going to buy all three seekers on sale but Starscream went fast with Skywarp disappearing next so I had to jump on Thundercracker. I've had some time today to dink around with it and it's a fantastic figure. Larger than I expected in both robot and vehicle mode. The paint detail is amazing, the blue isn't too cartoony or light. I'm still debating whether or not to apply the decals to the figure, personally I think he looks great without the decals, much more subtle and menacing. Needless to say I am looking into other MP figures, whether I seekers, who knows. Either way I'll be adding to my collection, Megatron doesn't appeal to me so much but I've been eying Grimlock since it was announced and then released. I hope Takara puts out more of these top-notch figures.

17. Lord Astrotrain

olddirtyogre: ok you sold me. screamer and skywarp need tc.

i went to dk like i planned on friday, and i was very happy. they're getting me spotlight blurr and jazz, and tomorrow i have to call them and have ahm #4 and maximum dinobots #4 added to my list. i heart maximum dinobots. lolz fallon.

went to walmart too, and there are NO universe deluxes at all. even in san jose they were cleaned out. no luck finding activators cliffjumper or the shockwave repaint at any target either.

18. olddirtyogre

tsukachi - for your MP Starscream and Skywarp, did you apply the decals? If so, how are they holding up? Some decals are shit and lose their adhesiveness too soon, so I'm just concerned with the quality of the ones provided.

Glad to hear you're catching up on your TF comics. Maximum Dinobots is pretty solid up until the last issue which felt rushed for a conclusion. AHM never seems to end, it took a while to get the story going, but it's turning out to be pretty great. If you haven't already, get DK's to create a pull list for ya!

Don't forget about Free Comic Book Day (May 2nd), DK's is the only one in Northern Nevada participating so it will probably be busy (hopefully) all day.

19. Lord Astrotrain

skywarp has some of his decals on. i didn't want him to look too cluttered. i'll take some pics for you. some of the decals are hard to take off the sheet too. had to whip out the tweezers for the little ones.

screamer is the us release, and i got him second hand. he's smirking a smirky smirk.

i hope i'll be able to swing by on free comic book day. i work like, 11-4, but i think they'll still be open when i get out.

20. Lord Astrotrain

well i lucked out today.

went to target to buy a mothers' day card, and happened to go down the toy aisle.

i got purple shockwave and sunstorm. FINALLY.

there's three more shockwave sets as of today at jacks valley target if anyone needs them.