Netflix X-Box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hiraga, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Okay, so I'm trying to watch the Producers on Netflix. But I can barely hear any dialogue, yet the music and everything is too loud! Can someone help me?

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    That sounds just like my old DVD player. Dialogue was very quiet but the music and action sequences were booming loud, even when the volume on the TV wasn't that high. Have you thought of buying a new DVD player? I know you probably don't want to spend too much money but it's worth it. My dad gave us a new one and dialogue, music, explosions, etc. are all equaled out.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The old or new version?

My DVD of the old Producers has the most fucked up mix ever. Maybe the DT is the same.

4. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    This is with all the movies I put in my X-box.

5. battleboy

battleboy Admiral of Awesomness

Do you have a 5.1 audio system, or are you using 2.0 (like stock tv speakers)?

a 5.1 system will split the audio signal up and most of the dialog will be sent to the center speaker. The ambient noise (sfx and music) gets pumped to the sides and rear.

also, If you have a 5.1 signal being sent to a 2.0 setup, it does funny things with the audio. It'll try to adjust, but usually winds up being mostly side audio with a smattering of center going to the two speakers.

Either way, your best bet is to look at all your connections first, I scream that from the mountaintops when I'm running audio for small amateur band.

Then check your settings and make sure everything matches your rig.