NEST: Concept Art Hub

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Oct 22, 2009.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    If anyone has been through the NEST Hub, with a bunch of concept art, it's absolutley amazing.

- Soundwave's section is absolutley spectacular. Some of the designs they had, had the vizor, shoulder gun, and ejecting chest. The "Chevy" version of him is actually really, really nice.

- Devastator's section is rather interesting, and you can tell that they originally were looking at a more humanoid form for him. NOTE: in the pic with all of Devastator's components, you can see a Ben Procter form of Overload, with bi-pedal legs (it looks even better than the quadraped one). This is why Hasbro probably went with that robot mode for all the marketing.

- Unfortunatley, the Twins were always going to be stupid-looking, no changes really. The only interesting thing is there, at one time, was planned to be a "Smart Car" triplet to Skids and Mudflap

- Bumblebee has some GREAT concept art, showing how insect-like they were thinking of going for him. He had many different head variations.

Some screencaps would be great, and I can't wait to see the concept art book when it gets published!

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    PICS plz

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Not true. Though they aren't included in the hub, in one of the chapters of "The Human Factor" special feature, they showed more concept art of the Twins. One of them showed both of them with drastically different head designs.

I thought Bumblebee's art was the best, though. I thought it was interesting that both his normal and battle mode heads were once going to be disturbingly insectoid like.

4. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
  5. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

That Devastator is awesome!

6. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. I still really like the final monster robot design but this is awesome too.

It's interesting to note that the design process was incorporating the idea of multicolored vehicles as far back as the early rough stages. I've always thought that was a good idea to help distinguish the individual vehicles in the final combined form, especially given the sometimes confusing complexity of the movie designs.

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    A lot of the Jetfire, Soundwave and Fallen ones are on the DVD. However, the Devastator one isn't! That one is SPECTACULAR! I love it!

I like it too. It gives the robots more personality and character, and it makes the final combined version look much more detailed and cool.

8. Cuillere

Cuillere French Fries

News Credits:
    Thx Mythof' you made my day !

Oh and
    +1 :D 

9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I'd post screen caps, but I don't personally feel comfortable posting screen caps of exclusive feature stuff. A dozen or two screen caps of the actual movie, I'll post, because the movie is eventually gonna be free to watch on TV anyways, but I feel if you want to see this stuff, you should support Paramount/Dreamworks/Bay/Associates and pick up the 2 disc DVD. Its well worth the money :) 

If the guys that made this stuff want to post it, they can, but that's their decision :) 

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This all sounds like you it's from the Blu-ray, and if that's the case then I guess I'll wait for the TF artbook that will be on sale soon, because I will soon own a DVD 2 disc, from Walmart. :banghead: 

1.Anyway, can you post any pics? and
    2.Did you see any rampage, mixmaster or Scrapper art?

thanks!!