NES emulator released for the Iphone...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...then pulled the day after. It sux. I totally missed it. It was on the App store for 6 bucks with a fully-functional touch pad and buttons, and provided you had the roms, it would play them.

For obvious reasons, apple pulled the app. Wish I had known about it.

IGN Advertisement

2. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

yeah, no surprise they pulled it.

3. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Damn! Why can't Apple and Nintendo play nice and get something like this out there legally? LOL... but can you imagine the possibilities?!

4. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    It shouldn't have been pulled. Emulators aren't illegal.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's the same as the one they have for jailbroken phones, it's the same developer.

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Emulators are of grey legality, the ROMs however are definately illegal.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I admit, I would have loved to have had it. But I actually own all of the games that I emulated (or in some cases "Have owned"). I would have killed to have Zelda 1 and Rygar on my phone.

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would want a GBA emulator more.
    Can you say pokemon on the iPhone?
    It would be wonderful.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Link's awakening! I'd be down for that too.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
  11. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

My Droid does :) 

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    because the two are technically competitors in the handheld gaming market. same reason nintendo wouldnt let the PSP officially play NES games.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still not enough to convince me to get one. My Iphone has saved my ass more times than I can count, and one emulator is not going to make me hate it. Besides, as much as I would like one, I still understand why it can't be available legally.

That thing is actually not bad, might even be worth the price. I'm bookmarking this.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  14. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, PSone, and GBA emulator for the Iphone. I have the Genesis one and it works great. If you have a jailbroken Iphone you can get em and the ROMs for free on Cydia, except the GBA one which is 2 bucks. I'm not saying you should jailbreak it, I did cause mine isn't on the contract anymore so no warranty.

I have a friend that has a Droid and swears it's way better than the Iphone. While I believe it may have some minor features that the Iphone may get later I certainly won't abandon my Iphone because of them. Do you know how many phones I would buying a year if I did? The Iphone does what I need, when I need it. I LOVE my Iphone! Not saying I won't upgrade eventually though.

15. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I have complete love for iPhones.. I own a 3g touch that ibought when they came out. I love the Droid I own though and see its advantages over apples product. I enjoy the freedom of things like emulators that I can buy through my marketplace without habit to jailbreak my phone. It will be a lot of fun to see what happens next year with android devices as well as the iPhone coming to Verizon.

16. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    More than one, my friend.
    GBC
    GBA
    NES
    SNES
    GENESIS
    GAME GEAR
    TG-16
    And many more available in Android Marketplace in either full paid, or free demo...

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Emulators is one. That's like saying the advantage of a Wii is games, and someone else saying, "More than games", (and then listing them as if to imply that every game is a feature). Obviously if the Driod does one emulator, it can be assumed that it can do many.

Either way, Smasher sent me some links to the Droid and it's something I might consider after my ATT contract runs out. I'm not against it, and I'm the farthest person from being an Apple fan (No crossed legs and lattes at Starbucks for me), I just happen to really enjoy the features of my Iphone, and how many times it has done exactly what I needed to do, when a year ago, I would have had to go through a lot more effort. But I will look in any direction a new cool gadget comes out.

That said, can you guys list some of the cool shit that you like on the Droid? I need a hellova case to convince me fiance, when my ATT expires this summer.

Question: Is this "free for all" homebrew attitude for the Droid something that you guys feel will be ongoing, or do you think the Law might step in and try to regulate?

18. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Oh, I know... that's why I said it jokingly, or at least what I thought was jokingly. On a similar note... how long do you think it will take for Nintendo to put out a DS with phone capabilities? LOL

I don't know about what "The Law" might do, but I only see the things that are available for the Droid as getting better with time.

Not helping your case with convincing your fiance, here; but I heard that even though it has expandable memory the Droid only has 256 megs of internal memory, and you HAVE to have all your apps on that memory and that memory only... Is this true?

If so, I've only had my iPhone for 4 days now and I already have about 300 megs worth of apps on it. I can see how something like that would severly limit the kinds of graphics, and overall slickness that can be incorporated into the apps meant for the Droid.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I have been doing homework, and I think I'm sticking to the Iphone, at least this year.

No ability to surf while on the phone (which I do a lot, and again, has saved my ass). That and what you just said about memory is also a valid point. I have my phone crammed with Apps, music and a copy of District 9, and I still have room. The GPS turn by turn has been very helpful, and simply put, I have worked on my Itunes library for a while, and it just happens to like my Iphone. I'll see how much the droid changes over this year, because I did see some very nice pluses for it, and I like the tactile controls.

20. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Well, I for one wouldn't badmouth the iPhone since I got the Storm1/2 and Droid since that's as close as Verizon can get right now. But, since getting the Droid Eris and playing with it, I love the fact that I can do stuff I would have to jailbreak an iPhone to get. (i.e. emulators)