NES Classic Edition - New (old) Nintendo console

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Starscreamer95, Jul 14, 2016.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

So..now that I've got the Switch and Famicom Classic...PLEASE tell me the NES Classic will be easier to find. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I got mine!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I am still looking for one in vain

• Like Like x 2
  4. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As am I. I am hoping they will be more plentiful within the next 3-6 months. I still see Walmarts and Targets having store tags for them. Just empty shelves everywhere though.

5. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I spoke to a Walmart employee in electronics this morning, and he said that the Nintendo rep told him that they might not be making any more NES classic units in an effort to concentrate all their efforts on the Switch. That would be highly disappointing if true.

That said, I'm not sure that if I got one, I would use it all that much. I'd play Metroid and Donkey Kong, then probably never use it again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think it's still really unknown if Nintendo is actually going to discontinue this completely, or keep going with it. I heard also that they are pushing out a lot of units in April, but idk if that's true or not.

7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The controller I pre-ordered was said to be shipped on April first. Let's see what that's about...

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well I just have to say that Nintendo has really disappointed me this time. It's really annoying to see something I'd be interested in and have my first thought be "well, I'll never have a chance to buy that so best to just forget about it." As a shareholder, I should probably be furious that this keeps happening, but why bother.

Really, when did Brian Goldner get on the board of directors? This has his disgusting stench all over it. All we need is Nintendo to issue a ******ed statement about not wanting to be just a game company.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I saw a pictograph today that said Nintendo has the top 4 best selling consoles of all time. Any claims that "they weren't sure if the demand would be there" are illogical.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

For someone making claims about logic, it's surprising not to recognize the non-sequitur here.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Considering that one of those consoles is the NES and we're in a thread about the NES Classic, that non-sequitur isn't as obvious as you think it is.

12. flamepanther

It's still a non-sequitur. It's the same "logic" that makes Hollywood think every remake they put out is going to be a guaranteed smash hit. Hell, it's the same thinking that just got Nintendo in trouble with the Wii U. "The Wii was a huge success. Therefore the Wii U will be too! Let's manufacture a few million of them just for starters!" It came dangerously close to putting them out of the console business.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  13. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny, every store I hit has X-box and Playstation systems, but I have yet to see any Wii systems in stores for the past few months. I have seen some 2DS and 3DS systems and those are still selling fast from the little stock I see on store shelves. Seems all Nintendo systems are hard to find in stores right now (at least the games can be found fairly easily).

14. flamepanther

It's pretty common not to see discontinued products in stores. It doesn't imply that they were successful. I don't see a lot of New Coke in stores either.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Actually, the point I was making was that pretty much all of their hardware has been a huge success, so to think that the NES Classic wouldn't be was illogical.

16. flamepanther

Nintendo has also made systems that were anywhere between mediocre success (GC) to utter failure (VB), including their most recent console major console at that time. A pessimist might look at Nintendo's overall trend of declining marketshare and say it was illogical to not assume their future endeavors would fail. In fact, that's what many Switch skeptics did. Their logic was really no different. They just cherry-picked the negative facts instead of the positive ones.

As I said before, your line of thinking is exactly how Nintendo ended up losing money on the Wii U for a couple of years. They expected a huge hit because of the Wii's success and manufactured far more units than they could actually sell. Go ahead and prove me wrong on that.

17. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wii U has been officially discontinued and is no longer on shelves in any brick and mortar store. Currently the only way to buy one new is from scalpers online.

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Supposedly this and Switch will be available Best Buy Online tomorrow 12pm CT according to their (BB) FB post. Imma try snag a Classic if possible.

19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    My pre-order for the NES Mini Controller was cancelled. So the rumors are true.

20. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

in the eternal loop on bestbuy.com :(  edit no dice :(