Nerd Day II: A UK Meet-up in January

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Shockscream, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: NERD DAY II!

After the roaring pleasure and success that was the first Nerd Day – a term coined by the esteemed Red Leader’s mother-in-law on learning of the gathering of Transformers fans in his store back in November – and because of the fact that I have to go back to Norwich again in January, I propose another gathering. “Nerd Day II: The Crappy Subtitle” will take place late in January for all who wish to attend.

The only thing that is set in stone is that I am at an open day at the university on Wednesday 26th January. I therefore propose that ND2 take place on either the Tuesday or Thursday – the 25th and 27th respectively. (Of course, this is for the entirely selfish reason that I don’t want to miss out on all the fun and shenanigans that will undoubtedly ensue.) It will be day of fun, pizza, speaking as men do, illicit happenings with Micromasters, and anything else we can think of. In short, we will make nuisances of ourselves and enjoy the company of like-minded fellows!

Therefore, as you can see, it’s all in flux. The final date will be the one that is best for everyone that wants to come. If people want to bring things to swap/trade/sell, I'm sure none of us will have any problems with that! Seeing as I haven’t had the opportunity to get on here all that much just lately, those wanting further details or just to say “Hell yeah, I’m up for that!” should either add me on Facebook (David Underwood; email address of dxu783@bham.ac.uk), drop me a text (07934215270), or give me an email to same address as that used for Facebook.

I hope that you have all had a fun and fulfilling Christmas and that the New Year will treat you all well. I also hope to see some, many, or few of you in about a month.

Have fun!

Shockscream/David

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I will do everything I can to make it this time! Got some carried over holiday to take in January so this could be the perfect excuse.

3. Ishino

Ishino Classics Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I vote for the 27th, as I have that day off work :D 

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    27th does well for me, should have some money that day because of birthdayness :lol 

5. Merman Jones

Merman Jones Friend of the Tapirs

Count me in, dude! You bring the Micromasters and I'll bring the wrongness!!

6. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they're still at Andy's anyway. Fun for all the family!

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This may be quite do-able for me - I'll have left-over birthday money, and I get paid on the 27th. :D 

8. Shockscream

News Credits:
    One does hope to see as many of the AA gang there as is humanly possible. You were missed at ND1 back in November. However, ramming us all into Andy's shop could be somewhat amusing.

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'll see what I can do :D 

10. Shockscream

News Credits:
    This is what we like to hear, Jon!

11. Arkayen

Arkayen Omnomnomicon

Mrs Ishino reporting for ND2 - got to go into hospital the following day so this will be great!

12. Erector

News Credits:
    I have permission :lol  Me and Alison are looking at potentially going for a few days in Europe so this might tie in nicely :) 

13. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Nothing too terrible, I trust?

Good man!

The prevailing opinion seems to be that 27th January is the most desireable day for our little gathering. I trust this is agreeable to all who plan on being there? The get-together will more than worth your while, I assure you.

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some of you guys from AA again, but alas, Norwich is rather far for me. It's nice that you're organising these meet-ups tho', Mr. Underwood.

15. Shockscream

News Credits:
    An Update on Nerd Day II

I can confirm that Nerd Day II: The Crappy Subtitle will be held in Norwich on January 27th. As with the first gathering, we shall meet in Red Leader's store at around 10am.

Andy has agreed to close his store for the day and act as a host. He has plans to set up a TV and games console for our use and enjoyment during the day.

If that portion of the day has any resemblance to ND1, the day will spent bumming around in the shop mucking about with stuff we buy and taking a look at what Andy has in stock. Comments about the smallness of Hot Toys Black Widow's mouth and other semi-depraved and borderline illicit will abound. There is much fun to be had sitting and discussing the pleasures of our mutual hobby as well as anything else that pops up. In terms of food, there's a corner shop next door, a Lidl down the road, a chip shop nearby, and a pizza delivery service.

In the evening, a wee drinky of some description will most likely be in order. We shall have to make use of the local knowledge of some of the attendees. We ended up in a pub and played some pool last time and was an enormously pleasant evening.

Those that wish to come are more than welcome. In fact, the more the merrier. It may be interesting to see how many of us can fit in the Kapow store considering its status as a former constituency office.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

16. Shockscream

News Credits:
    That's something of a shame. Have to see if we can organise something a little more central to/for everyone.

17. Erector

News Credits:
    Not sure if I'll make 10am, as it depends on whether we drive down the night before (since Norwich is nigh-on 4hrs away!) but will hopefully be there at some point ;) 

18. Shockscream

News Credits:
    I imagine that we'll be there all day, so no worries if you can't make dot on 10am.

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Have fun ;) 

20. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What time are shenanigans likely to end?