Nerd Day 3 -- A UK Meet-up in May

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Shockscream, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls!

The moment that you have been waiting for is finally here. It with surpassing pride and joy that I announce to you today the coming of something truly special:

[​IMG]

That’s correct, Nerd Day returns for its third event on 27th and 28th May 2011 at the Kapow Toys Store in Norwich, UK.

As always there is no entry fee, just turn up, be cool, and enjoy the day. Attendees can expect food and drink, to be able to trade and buy from other attendees without hideous postal charges, discounts at the discretion of Red Leader/Andy, fun and frolics of all kinds, and the company of some very cool dudes that just happen to be Transformers fans, too.

I hope to see you all there!

Shockscream,
    Chairman and President-for-Life of Nerd Day

Update: 1st May 2011
    We are at our limit for attendees. Therefore, I regret to say we cannot accept any more requests to come. Can I ask that all people that have already expressed a desire to come confirm for definite that they will be in attendance. If you have expressed a desire but are undecided, please confirm one way or the other as soon as possible. A simple post in this thread will do. It's so we can get going on food and drinks and entertainment. Please post whether you are coming or not and, if you are coming, on which day. Thanks fellas!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You made a logo.

3. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Logo and flyer. Front paged on Fullmetalhero.com, too.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Get those copyright applications posted!

5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice, I shall be trying to make this one, this time. Is this the last one to be held at the shop before Andy closes it?

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    27th and 28th? Is it normally a two-dayer?
    Well, now since I finally got my fat arse to the Kapow shop a month or so ago and now know where I'd be going I have firm intentions to attend this time. I'm not the richest of people but I might be able to at least dig out some stuff for potential trades since the opportunity is there to be had.
    It'll be nice to put some names to faces in person. That said I'm farking awful at remembering names. I promise to only take up the space of two people. Or one and a half if I hold my gut in.
    What time does it start? I'd wanna nab one of those two parking spaces out front.

7. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Whoop. Whoop. Count me in. (Which totally jinxes it. My legs will explode the day beforehand.)

Running around the office with my arms out making airyplane noises.

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Damn, two days before Botcon makes my attendance unlikely :( 

9. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh oh can I come please? Would be awesome to meet up and out more names to faces!

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Yeah I can't make it :(  Bad timing.

11. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm, cant get to norwich, so guess its a pass for me again :c

12. Shockscream

News Credits:
    It more than likely will be the final one in the shop, yes. However, the plan is to continue with Nerd Days at the new warehouse location. ND4 is a long way off, though. That will deffinitely be a post-AA event.

I'm normally about the day before and I know some people are as well so this time we're saying "If you're around swing by". The actual main thrust of it (if you'll pardon the expression) is going to be on 28th.

Trading's no problem, bring what you like and offer it around. I'm keenly aware that doing some sales at the event means money for petrol. I ended up with a Windcharger, Incinerator, and some of the old Ladybird books from ND2.

We start at 10am. A few stay overnight at the Travelodge on Queens Road (at least I think that's where it was). I shall be there again for ND3.

Such things are encouraged at Nerd Day.

You are excused. :lol 

Please do, mate! Come and join the revelry.

You are excused as well. See you and ninety at AA!

And you are forgiven.

As always folks, if there are questions, post 'em up. Or PM me. Or even email at dxu783@bham.ac.uk. There's a group up on Facebook, too; search for Nerd Day. You'll know it when you see it.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Doubtful I'd get the time off work for this one Davey boy. Which is a bugger cos teh last ND was OSSUM!

Instead I shall send my dead Jedi ghost to attend and lurk in Andy's toilet, passing out sage advice to all who enter.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ta fer the answers. The 28th is a Saturday and there's a couple of car boot sales I always go to but if the start's 10am then that should give me time to whip around the stalls early trying to scoop up bargains and still make it to ND3 in time. But it might be fun to poke my nose in on the 27th as well and try and get some pre-introduction to anyone hanging there as it's usually a bit daunting coming into an established group for the first time and I've not really mixed much here online either. Of course it would also be embarrassing to turn up too early.

15. nellie131

News Credits:
    okey dokey then i shall be bringing some goodies i want to either trade or sell maybe? if thats cool and people might actually want em lol

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Dude, that's one of the best parts of the day! Bring all you can. Just a shame it's almost certain I won't be able to attend.

17. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

I'll do my best, May is kinda exam central for me at the moment.

18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Gingerchris - don't worry, I've never met anybody here (apart from simond and tikgnat) before.

Shockscream - have sent a request to be part of the FB group.

Will definitely bring toys to trade.

19. nellie131

News Credits:
    Yeah shockscream I have also sent a request! As well as this I will be at AA for my 3rd year running so this is almost like a warm up! :D 

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nellie131, how are you intending to get down, train or driving? I live about 30 miles out so if I do end up coming down would you be interested in carpooling? if we split the cost of petrol it would work out cheaper than taking the train or what have you.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011