Neoart NT-03B KO MMC Nero Felisaber

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Orion2703, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

A few people have been asking over the quality of the Neoart Feral/Nero Rex KO's so as promised here's my comparative review of it vs the original.

To set the scene, Nero Rex is my favorite TF, it was the 1st combiner I bought, 1st really expensive 3p purchase, and also ticked my box of owning some awesome Predacons. I LOVE it.
    I also don't as a rule collect KO's, this is my 5th with the others being MPP-10, Reximus Prime, OS KO Nero Rex, all of which I own the originals for, and TigerTracks (wasn't paying $120 for the lambo mold when I have SS and RA). I have over 100 TFs mostly in MP style. I'm not gonna preach about KO's, that's not what this is for, you pays your money and makes your chioce. This is a hopefully unbiased review from an owner of the original.
    So, how's a KO of that going to fare with me........

First up, he looks great. The mold is spot on and looks nigh on identical to the original felisaber. There are some slight differences in the face sculpt due to reverse engineering I imagine, but its slight. There is very little mold flash on my copy, and the sprue marks are also pretty clean, barring a mark on the beast head which is unfortunate.

[​IMG]

The paint apps are also very true to the Nero set, he fits in perfectly as you would expect with his mold mate Rampage.
    The paint is clean and very well done on the vast majority of the figure, its pretty much on par with MMC and in some cases is cleaner in the same spots. There are few bits of run over, or where the paint isn't quite to the lines/sculpt but its no worse than any normal 3p release. Very impressive.

[​IMG]

This continues into beast mode as well, he's a looker.
    Lets talk plastic before we move on. The big question is how does it stack up to the mighty MMC one. Its not quite as good, but its not that far off at all. The weight and density of the plastic is pretty much spot on, the final finish is just slightly off but its close enough that it makes no real difference. MMC wins, but by a hairs breadth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Articulation is the same great range as the original, no issues there. Joints are all pretty well toleranced, though the shoulders on mine are a little lose and the ratchets only work in the up position, which is the same as the MMC one. Speaking of ratchets, they are everywhere they should be and well done, no loosey goosey legs or whatever.
    Everything tabs in securely, and that includes the accessories. In fact the sabre tooth helmet is much easier to fit on the arm thanks to a better tab, tho it was super tight on the beast mode to the point i popped the head off.
    The MMC one is better, the NA one though is again close enough to make little difference, there is a bit more give in the arms but its not hateful in any way.

Is he interchangeable as a limb and can he hold THAT sword.......
    Oh yes my friends. the connector port is solid and the combiner hand tabs in perfectly.
    [​IMG]

Bits in the box wise you get the normal accessories, straight KO's of the instructions, a set of what are I think G1 style guns from one of the upgrade kits, one hands worth of claws for the combiner hand on a sprue, and a little grey penguin with purple shades, in homage the one that came with felisaber. Its worth noting the beast head was not on the bot in the box, its in with the extra bits and just pops on a ball peg.

Final Thoughts
    This is not a cheap KO, there is skill and pride that's plainly evident. Neoart have put a lot of effort into making this as close to the MMC original as they can, and the result is a great figure that's 90% as good as original but 50% of the cost. Its a very attractive argument they are making.

Would I recommend it? Yes, absolutely, you'd be crazy not to get it.
    If MMC had released a Nero Felisaber I wouldn't be writing this, but they haven't yet. If, like me, you want a Nero Felisaber to finish off the set I highly recommend him.
    And if the rest of the set are of the same quality then they are an absolute bargain. I'd still get the original for reasons, but that's my choice, I'll be proudly displaying this on the Nero shelf tho.

Thanks for reading.

[​IMG][

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

Good review. Thanks. Can you take a pic of the penguin?

3. Orion2703

Thanks.
    One p p p pic of a penguin as requested, with his MMC counterpart on the right for good measure.
    [​IMG]

4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Thanks for the very detailed review, great job.

5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    great review, can you take a couple pics of the Perfect Combination with all 6 figures combined

6. Orion2703

Very quick ones so may not be the best posed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bullettrain

bullettrain Master Investigator

News Credits:
    He looks pretty sweet! Where did you end up picking him up from? I got the Chromed Helmet piece as a bonus PSX Exclusive with Anarchus, and it'd be nice to use it with this guy.

8. vmt8

vmt8 Member

Where did you buy this? It looks great!

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Hmmm kinda interested in one of these too!