Heavy/Scratch: Neo Constructicon Scavenger

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by alanyap, Aug 13, 2011.

  1. alanyap

    alanyap Will work for LEGO

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2006
    Posts:
    727
    Trophy Points:
    147
    Likes:
    +3
    This will be a start of a very challenging project of mine.... creating LEGOformers of (hopefully) all members of the constructicons. and the ultimate goal of combining 'em!

    In the meantime, enjoy my Neo Scavenger before he gets "painfully" retooled to form the limb of Neo Devastator.

    trivia:
    - this was built out of impulse. Took 2 nites to finish off 80%.. and another 5 days more to refine the remaining 20%.
    - The shovel hydraulics once was built with LEGO plates but due to (lack of) symmetry problem , I rebuild it with LEGO tubes,sticks and more rounded parts.



    For even more photos, do visit Brickshelf Gallery - Neo Constructicon Scavenger (pending moderation)
     

    Attached Files:

  2. SwerveGears

    SwerveGears The King of Victory

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    Posts:
    631
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +2
    Cool!
     
  3. destrongerlupus

    destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2006
    Posts:
    6,539
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Likes:
    +5
    I'm not usually a lego-formers (no offense, just not my thing) but THIS IS STUNNING!

    Without clicking the thumbs I would never have pegged this as being made from legos, it's just glorious!

    Does it transform seamlessly, or do you have to disassemble and rebuild like the Kre-os?

    D/L
     
  4. alanyap

    alanyap Will work for LEGO

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2006
    Posts:
    727
    Trophy Points:
    147
    Likes:
    +3
    You can't believe how often I'm asked the same question. Yes it transform seamlessly.

    The tracks /treads component becomes the lower torso while the excavator body forms the rest of the bot.

    For visual clarity, I snapped photos for the transformation sequence separately (below):

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  5. Alloy Alchemist

    Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2010
    Posts:
    2,651
    Trophy Points:
    167
    Likes:
    +2
    lego-awesome-ness!
     
  6. AutoCon2076

    AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2007
    Posts:
    2,687
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +1
    Built To Rule < Kre-O < alanyap

    Isn't evolution grand? Super-poseable, fully-transformable, individual fingers, and a good head-sculpt (erm...build?). Fantastic work, dude. Good luck on the other five!

    ~Z
     
  7. destrongerlupus

    destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2006
    Posts:
    6,539
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Likes:
    +5
    ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Just amazing!
     
  8. alanyap

    alanyap Will work for LEGO

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2006
    Posts:
    727
    Trophy Points:
    147
    Likes:
    +3
    Thankx. I need LOTSA luck there. I have yet to think of who becomes what (which part of the combiner), and not yet discovered the way of making super-strong hinges for combiner limbs. Balancing the weight of 3 voyager sized LEGOformers above the torso require "well toned/engineered" combiner thighs.

    This time... if devastator cant be mildly posable,I better not do it at all.
     
  9. TCracker

    TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2007
    Posts:
    15,301
    News Credits:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    302
    Likes:
    +914
    Awesome work there, Alan. :D 
     

Share This Page