Nemesis's secret mission speculation? are the relics clues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by gregles, Aug 20, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

now we know what all the relics are and are capable of does this give us any Idea what the decepticon warship with it's personality were up to? dark energon has obvious ties to unicron is that a further clue? were do you think the writers could be going with this?

2. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

they needed more relics for the transformers to find, so they took an idea out of their asses and slapped it on the storyboard.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The Nemesis had no "secret mission." It decoded and found the relics because that was what was on it's mainframe's mission statement. It was just carrying out what was programmed into it's database. It was not Trypticon, it had no secret plans, and to say it had a personality is incredibly generous. It's like if the toaster came to life and wanted to burn everything. It's not scorching a message into the Earth to summon it's toaster lords from space, it's just a toaster that came alive.

4. gregles

gregles quintesson

I thought something similar about dark energon around mid season 1, thinking it was just some overly inconvenient plot tool for the decepticons to fight over rather than doing the g1 (and more politically troublesome route) of attacking humans for natural resources to make energon, then the end of season 1 revealed there to be a pretty damn logical reason for it being in and around earth so I wouldn't totally rule out a greater plot thread or reveal from all of this

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    No they didn't.

They came up for an absolutely ******ed reason for it being in and around Earth. "Oh, Unicron was Earth all along, it's just that nobody noticed." And Dark Energon didn't even show up on Earth until the very end of season one, so it was hardly set up. The mere fact that Dark Energon existed doesn't mean the end of season one wasn't totally contrived. The Prophecy, Unicron as an actual being and Dark Energon being on Earth all literally showed up in the episode before the three part finale.

And as for the comparrison to the contrived waste that was Flying Mind, Darkness Rising was a five-parter set up all around Dark Energon and how it works. It was well-structured and exlpained the properties of Dark Energon reasonably and at a good pace. Flying Mind does not. The Nemesis comes alive and collects the relics, which were already being searched for before then. Sorry, but there's no plan there, and if there is, it's not going to make any lick of sense in hindsight since the Nemesis was barely sentient. Dark Energon didn't make it come truely alive and gain a personality, it just made it speak and be autonomous. It's actions were still dictated by the information in it's computer.

6. gregles

gregles quintesson

true the nemesis's computer was already being used to crack the iacon database but I imagine it was also being used to control the ship, keep its location cloaked, maintain life support of the crew and regulate its weapons. The scene which got me thinking about this was when ratchet called the ship and the ship said it was completing its mission to get the relics and ratchet said "for what purpose" and the ship hung up. The point I'm hinting at is why did the ship choose to go after these relics and go against all its other functions as you pointed out it could be for no reason in particular but it could have had a purpose which it didn't want to reveal to anyone

7. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not saying it was a 'secret mission' but why would the ship talk to Ratchet willingly and then cut communication once it was asked exactly WHY it was collecting the relics? -Real speculation/ideas, not GRR stupid/horrible plot etc.

8. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

This is a very good question. And one I have asked as well. If it had decoded locations in other galaxys had the ship just left and went until it ran out of energon? Since it didnt really come to life and all....

Oh wait I missed the part where the ship said "I am not Trypticon just think of me as if i was a toaster that came to life... Nothing more, that is all, I will go and find these relics now but once again I am not Trypticon"

I am not saying that it is Trypticon it just blows my mind that in the books that are part of this "Prime Universe" it was and yet with out hesitation it can be said that definitely is not.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Because Flying Mind was an episode full of contrivance. The writers needed a way to get more relics to move the plot along. If it had some bigger scheme they would have hinted at it, like, at all.

You can't speculate on something that does not exist.

You can't say "maybe it has a secret mission" because it doesn't. The whole episode was one big cop-out to hurry along they're inane scavenger hunt plot. Nothing more. If it were anything more there would be some kind of real forshadowing. Not half a conversation with Ratchet that ends abruptly. That is not forshadowing, and if it was, it was really fucking lame.

Well you weren't paying attention, because that's basically what it was.

The ship was just like the medical tool from Darkness rising. Brought to life by Dark Energon. Doesn't mean the tool was once Scalpel who was decomissioned and put into service as a microscope.

Answer me this: If it WAS Trypticon, why was everyone so surprised? Why was Megatron surprised? Why did nobody go "I thought you were dead?" Or anything to hint at anything more than teh ship just being a contrived excuse to dig up more useless gadgets? They never called it Trypticon, it never addressed itself as such. It never displayed any personality that hinted at it being anything more than just the ship brougth to life by Dark Energon.

Not that if that were true it'd make any sense at all. Dark Energon does not restore life, it makes someone a zombie, or in the case of Ratchet's punchline, a savage beast. Even if it were Trypticon it's still a plot hole.

10. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    I'm aware.

and like I said, wasn't saying it's a secret mission. Just seemed odd that a scene like that happened. Abrupt conversation endings only really happen for two reasons in fiction--one person in the conversation is getting/about to get attacked/something is going on near them and they hang up, or one side of the conversation is hiding something and doesn't want/was told not to elaborate.

That being said, yes the episode was lackluster-at least the events that got it where it was is. *Bulkhead bringing the nemesis down the ep before was WHAT?!*.

The Dark Energon thing is true, like you said. Everytime we've seen it used, it brings back mindless zombies--unless used on normal machinery apparently...but it wouldn't explain the Nemesis' behavior.

11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

why was the episode called flying mind?

12. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Nemesis flies and it had a 'mind of its own' for the ep

13. gokuz23

gokuz23 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do not want to post spoilers about Prime or FOC so just play the game and you will see the truth lol

14. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

And i thought it was a flying toaster

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    What if Ejector is really the Nemesis?

16. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I always thought the reason it didn't answer Ratchet is because it didn't know why. It just knew it was supposed to. Megatron, I'm assuming, doesn't really know what he is going to do with the relics he discovers. At this point in time he just wants to recover them. So the ship was just basically echoing Megatrons own thoughts/desires. Didn't Megatron say something to that effect in the beginning? Something like "Ah yes, my will" or something like that?

17. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    The ship not knowing why could also be a possibility, it's just the rest of the conversation seemed like it knew what it was doing and it was all clear cut. The way it didn't answer was like, 'i can't do that, so i won't'...but you're right, maybe it didn't know why--

As for the Megatron thing, that's true, to an extent. He said say 'Ah yes, my will', but he was incorrect, as he usually is in his madness. He infused the ship with dark energon hoping they would be linked as one but then the ship acted on its own, coincidentally in a way to do something he wanted. The ship was on its own mission at that point and Megatron's conceitedness blocked him from seeing that at the time. more like a 'ah yes, i meant to do that' type of scenario.

but the ship having an ulterior motive/other person programming things into it before Megatron had control over it would make for some interesting tie-ins and reveals in later seasons. But it's just me not being able to accept the episode as 'just a way to make excuses for more relics'.

18. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

It's entirely possible that Trypticon here did have a "secret mission"--a possibility I hope is true, as that would open quite a few possible plots. But that's merely wishful thinking.

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually no.

and

not to mention arrogance. ;)  The ship had Megatron's desire to collect the relics, Megatron alone knows what he wants to do with them.

jD001

20. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I didn't look at it that way and I see what you're saying. I didn't think about Megatrons madness and seeing everything in a twisted way.

I do like that idea. It would make for some interesting plots.