Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SGTsoundwave, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Great idea man! This is how exactly Nemesis Prime could appear.

2. RW8U

RW8U CRUSADERCON!

Kinda morbid. You all right in the head there?

3. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i'm all right in the head, i just like when movies go the ballsy route. sadly, i think bay blew his off. :bay 

4. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

It'd be kind of weird, having the movie just start randomly with Sam crying over the loss of his mom that was no where near Chicago. Even if it isn't his mom, it'd be kind of stupid that Sam is crying over the loss of some random character no one knew before. You wouldn't be able to feel the emotion. Then he gets randomly squished..... Yeah an awkward beginning.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Two movies with evil Primes as the bad guys is enough.

6. mutagen28

mutagen28 soundwave imperialist

hes not already?

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who is going to get some sample from Optimus Prime so that there will be Nemesis Prime?

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There's not going to be a TF4 and even if there was...

This would never happen. They're legally and contractually obligated to show credits. You will never see any movie or TV show without them. No one would even work on a film that wasn't going to credit them.

They can and do go right into the story just overlapping the opening credits onto the first 5-10 minutes of the movie but they aren't going to just skip them entirely.

They never showed his mother die in DotM and even if they did shouldn't you have a spoiler tag on that before telling people how the movie ends.

First you say you don't want opening credits and then this? Contradiction much. Showing the title of the movie is a big BIG part of the opening credits.

9. Battle_Wagon

Battle_Wagon Active Member

in my opinion, Nemesis Prime already appeared in Michael Bay's Transformers trilogy. The Fallen is Nemesis Prime. Recall that The Fallen was originally one of the Primes and he turned evil. Thus, he's virtually Nemesis Prime.

I actually prefer the name Nemesis Prime to The Fallen.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's all but certain that, yes, there will indeed be a fourth movie.

The guy said no OPENING credits - a practice that has now become very common with films. In fact, all 3 of the TF movies are done that way - they jump into the movie and then do a title reveal after the prologue. Unless of course you're just confusing intro studio logo & name placement with actual credits - two entirely different things.

Again, yes they can and yes they already did.

This is just being ignorant & argumentative for the sake of it.

A title reveal isn't the same thing as opening credits, dude. At all.

Either way, being that Sentinel Prime already basically was Nemesis Prime (a bad guy with the "Prime" rank in his name), each & every Nemesis Prime idea posted here is completely redundant of what DOTM -just- did. No studio, producer, writer or director in their right mind would do a sequel with basically an exact carbon copy character as the main villain.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Seeing as he was also the downfall of the Primes and responsible for their near-extinction, he also acted as the dramatic Nemesis to the Primes. A Prime who is Nemesis. Nemesis Prime.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The Fallen and Nemesis Prime are two entirely different characters. The Fallen is an original Prime who turned evil. Nemesis Prime already was evil and was created specifically as a black Optimus Prime. G1 Motormaster and R.I.D. Scourge are more Nemesis Prime characters than the Fallen is.

It's not certain at all. It'll most likely be a reboot.

I know what he said and what I said still stands either way. No it hasn't been common at all, it's never done. Non of the TF movies are done that way. If you pay attention threw out the prologue and a little bit after the title there are credits that pop up over the movie. Most movies are done this way because it's gets the contractually obligated credits done without been too obtrusive to the movie. Apparently it's so unobtrusive you didn't even notice they were there.

Again no they can't and no they haven't.

Are you serious? Why do people think she's dead? She's not even seen except for Sam telling them to run which she's right there with his dad and at the end of the movie when they have their big "reunion scene" she's right there with his dad. What do you think she's a ghost? When does she get killed?

I didn't say it was, I said it's PART OF the opening credits not THE opening credits, there's a difference.

Technically if you're calling him "Just a bad guy with the Prime rank in his name" they already did a exact carbon copy character as the main villain sense both The Fallen and Sentinel Prime were evil Primes. But wait that's not really an exact carbon copy is it because there is more to them than just being evil Primes.

Everyone making the "evil Prime" carbon copy statements really needs to realize that being "evil" and being a "Prime" really has very little to do with the actual characters.

There's Nemesis Prime who is an upgraded version of Sideways that looks like a black Optimus Prime.

There's The Fallen who is one of the original 7 Primes who betrayed his brothers and tried to destroy the Earth just because he didn't like humans.

There's Sentinel Prime who betrayed the Autobots to work with Megatron in some illogical attempt to save Cybertron.

There's Longarm Prime who is really Shockwave disguised as an Autobot.

And there's Megatron who may not actually be a Prime but it's hinted at in the films that he could be a Prime.

Obviously these are 5 entirely different characters. None of them is a carbon copy of any of the others. I don't see any reason why just being evil and Primes makes them carbon copies. By that reasoning than Optimus, Rodimus, Vector, and all the other good guy Primes are carbon copies of each other too right? There's a lot more good guy Primes than there are evil Primes.

13. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Um...When is nemesis prime ever an upgraded sideways?

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Transformers Armada, Sideways appears as Nemesis Prime for exactly one episode then turns back into Sideways and Nemesis Prime is never mentioned again... ever. It's one of the many reasons I hate that series.

Nemesis Prime (Armada) - Transformers Wiki
    Puppet - Transformers Wiki

The wiki describes him as being a Puppet for Sideways which kinda fits the title of the episode but from the animation in the episode it actually looks like they're the same character. Nemesis Prime seems to turn into Sideways when he's defeated. The way Armada was written it's possible both are true.

Armada also both showed Sideways as a separate character working for Unicron and actually being Unicron. Have I mentioned how much Armada freaking sucks?

15. cliffjumperftw1

Thanks for hating on the TF series that is, to me, 100 times better than G1...Thanks so much.

16. cliffjumperftw1

And no, Sideways is not nemesis prime in armada...

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He could work, since the movies have a penchant for evil Primes [Sentinel and The Fallen], just make him an utterly inhumane monster without any regard for life, and this time around, he just wants to see Earth burn, no "Cybertron saving" stuff, he just wants some good and old-fashioned revenge against Optimus.

Basically, Optimus' perfect opposite [both brutal leaders, one wants to see Mankind safe and the Decepticons neutralized even if it costs Cybertron and his life, the other wants to see mankind destroyed and the Autobots anihilated even if it costs Cybertron and his life].

Essentially, Chaotic Evil as its finest. Voiced by the great Nick Nolte.

There Michael Bay, NOW DO IT.

18. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    An idea I once had for a movie Nemesis Prime revolved around creating him from the combined remains of The Fallen, Sentinel Prime and Megatron.

19. cliffjumperftw1

Both fairly awesome idea's let's hope it happens! :) 

20. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

Nemesis Prime & the Fallen are 2 different cons. I honestly do not want to see just an evil redeco of optimus driving around on the screen. While he is a good character, IMO he's only good for video games not TF movies.....NO REDECOS in the movies. There are other Decepticons they could use.

And for those that feel like Sam's mom just had to be in the Chi to die is silly. TF4 could take place 5-10yrs after DOTM so yes KILL Sam's mom.....kill his dad & mojo too. The opening scene has to show how they died in order for it to make sense. Have an opening shoot out between bots & cons & have Sam's parents in the area and accidentally be killed by the autobots..... Whatever none of us makes movies so we all will just wait & see. TF4 shouldn't come out til late 2013 or 2014