Nemesis Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NexusZero, Jan 22, 2011.

1. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

So I started watching re-watching G1 and RID, and that got me thinking.

Why hasn't Nemesis Prime been used more than just an excuse for more repaints? I mean really, he has potential to be an awesome villain, so why doesn't he show up more?

Discuss.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He has been in the IDW comic series. Read "Spotlight Optimus Prime" and "Revelation" if you want to see more

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Because most writers don't know what to do with the character and there isn't much that can be done without lessoning the Megatron/Optimus dynamic.

4. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably don't want to confuse the kids with "why is Optimus killing those kittens mommy?" questions, since kids are stupid right? seriously though most likely to sell more toys.

The Black repaint of anything will sell, this is a proven fact (If they made a Nemesis Tuner Mudflap it would fly off sheves), So if he is a regular part of the show/line he is taking a spot where they could be flogging a Megatron.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    If they made him in one episode. If Megatron tried to clone Optimus with the same strength, but his evil minion, only to be killed by the real Optimus.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The best take on Nemesis Prime was the IDW version, IMO - a Prime who fell off the path of righteousness and ended up twisted and evil. With the heavier emphasis on mythology these past few years, an ancestor of Optimus Prime who turned to darkness and is still out in the universe somewhere is not a far-out possibility.

7. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    because Motormaster is MUCH better idea, with FAR greater potential and deeper back-story built right in. You want an evil/warped version of Prime? Look no further than Motormaster's original Budinsky profile.

8. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I agree, IDW Nemesis was probably the best take on it. The "evil clone" thing is just so cliche. Course, cliches work in G1, though. It would be cool to see someone do a version of "A Prime Problem" where the 2nd Prime gets recolored later.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Because the basis of Nemesis Prime is trite and unoriginal.

"It's an evil version of the good guy." Ugh.

10. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

That's what I thought was the reason.

But still! It would be awesome if there were a sort of Yin Yang thing between Prime and Nemesis Prime.

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i could see a transformers prime take on nemesis prime happening over time in which megatron creates a hybrid clone based on both himself and optimus prime that has all of primes best qualities as a warrior and stratagist and also posessing all of primes acumulated knowlegde and wisdome from the matrix ,all of megatrons cunning and schemeing and none of optimus primes mercy or compassion while still being slaveishly loyal to megatron in the extreme like lugnuts character was to megatron in animated

as for the hybrid clones appearance the transformers prime version of nemesis prime would be a transformers prime version of this guy Image:Guiltaur.jpg - Transformers Wiki

but with him having nemesis primes colorscheme
    Scourge (RID) - Transformers Wiki

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There are places for evil clones, though. Usually as one-off single episode opponents like Armada Nemesis Prime, or ones that last a short arc like Nemesis Breaker.

Truth be told, we've never seen the most common form of "Nemesis Prime" on television - the one alluded to in nearly every single bio, the Transformer tortured and broken on every level multiple times then recreated as a warped version of Optimus. It's in literally every single toy bio, yet not one of them has made the jump from toy to television series.

13. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    While I do like the IDW Nova/Nemesis Prime, I really like the Nemesis Prime from Armada when he was a clone that ripped anything that moved into shreds. I liked how crazy he was.

Then again, I do like RID Scourge too, but I usually don't consider him Nemesis Prime.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too true, SF, evil makes good look so much better. Interesting that there hasn't been a series to take this angle..hmmmmmm :inquisiti 

Maybe if TFPRIME will run for several seasons they could go to the dark side. :thumb 

15. thespaniard

thespaniard Well-Known Member

Thank you, I am sick of nemesis primes. A black truck should always be motormaster he's like prime but different not just an evil clone

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i was trying to figure out the deal with the nemesis prime in idw. i like the idea if it is done right it could be very interesting.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    put me down for the IDW style NP

Or SG prime IMO an evil counter part from a world when he made a different set of choices would be just as cool

18. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I think that nemesis prime is a character that lacks of originality,I mean he could not exist if prime did not exist, and even though the idea is cool he would never become nothing more than a minion, created to imitate the real thing but he will always be a mere copy. Besides he will always be ruled by megatron what makes him material for just a few episodes or chapters.

19. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After reading about the dead universe, i cant help but wonder if Universe Nemesis Prime(Big Convoy repaint) is somewhat intended to be a version of Nova Prime

20. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

in idw galvatron was taking orders from nemesis. wtf? i really have no idea whats going on there. was galvatron from the future? or another universe or what? is he still considered the reincarnation of megatron?