Minor/Repaint: Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SonOfNemesis, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Finished Vehicle Mode finally. Last 2 pics.
    UPDATE: Added another truck mode pic (old one but shows reflection on hood).

I picked up this Voyager Prime today and thought I'd give Nemesis a try (but with some personal preferences). I still have to do some fine edge tuning and some other minor touches here and there including some more grey accent stripe somewhere but haven't figured out yet where on the truck mode. Anyway, this is what I have so far...

The pictures kind of fall short of what it really looks like in person for instance the exhaust pipes and fuel tanks are much more realistic and have more depth than watch is shown.

Attached Files:

2. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    Nice

Very Sick. I like how you didn't add any of the green crap. Solid black is the way to go, you got a nice dry brush technique. Very Hard Metal look going on. What's that blue on his back? Was that soft rubber?

3. SonOfNemesis

Thanks Iron! Yeah, that's the stock screw fitters that I forgot to paint 'and will'. I just couldn't wait for them to dry so I decided to leave them stock for now just so I could see this figure fully assembled.

I was never a fan of the green/teal colored crap either, that's why I left it out.

4. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    Well it's very sick. So when are you going to paint an Optimus Prime?

5. SonOfNemesis

Probably as soon as I pick up an airbrush. I don't have one yet.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HAHAH..no green crap!! HAHA..come on now...that is almost like painting optimus with out any red....

This looks good. He does have a very nice steel look to him. So you didn't use an airbrush..what did you use? Look smooth..

7. SonOfNemesis

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Nemesis Prime and I really like my Shadow Commander figure from Fans Project but now that I have been repainting figures, I get to decide what colors stay and what colors go heh heh, and this one is going into my personal collection. I'll prolly do more for sales and those ones I'll make them spot on with the right colors.

I used hand brushes for the entire figure. I sand in between layers of paint to get the smooth effect. It actually works pretty nicely. Thanks!!

8. Oculophage

Oculophage Likes shiny objects.

Ebay:
    Didn't you know? Turquoise is more evil than red.