nemesis prime - who is he?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by heshanj, Aug 22, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hi guys...im still kinda new to transformers and the finer details...
    i just picked up universe nemesis prime today..and i realised that though i love this mold and the deco looks real badass. im not sure who this guy really is..
    firstly, has he ever appeared in any cartoon series? im guessing not..
    secondly, who created him? some toy bios apparently say that he was created by Dr. Arkeville, but the universe bio says he was created by straxus..never heard of straxus, i believe he's a comic book character..also, was nemesis prime a decepticon, or was he in no faction? ive visited the nemesis page on transformers wikia but i dont get these points, so if someone can clear it up, thanks! i love the figure, btw...really awesome

edit: also, the transformers wikia says "Nemesis Prime (G1)"...was his G1 appearances strictly in comics?

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I can tell you that he's currently in the IDW comics as a Decepticon leader, but before that I always just saw his as essentially the same as Scourge from RiD/Car Robots...a Black Convoy.

3. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    It depends on either the continuity or whoever's writing the fiction at the time. One's a clone of an alternate-universe Prime tortured into servitude by Unicron, one's a Decepticon turned into Prime and tormented to insanity by Straxus, one is a Unicron-created being that patterned its appearance after Armada Prime, one was granted life by Dr. Arkeville somehow and one is a predecessor of Optimus Prime's driven to evil by being in a "dead universe".

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you sure about that one?

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    There's more then one Nemesis Prime, in fact, how you got to the G1 page without seeing the ambiguity page is a surprise.

Nemesis Prime (disambiguation) - Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki

In the simplist explaination, remembering that all of the fiction is pretty much to sell toys, Nemesis Prime is an easy and popular repaint of whatever recent Prime mold has been out there. It's the descendant/evolution of Takara's habit of releasing figures in black, coupled with Car Robots actually including a Black Convoy into the show. (Later, when the show was brought to the USA for Robots in Disguise, he was renamed 'Scourge'.) The resultant popularity has seen the birth and continued use of the moniker, especially for exclusives out there.

Additionally, to clarify, you got Universe Classics Nemesis Prime, who tweaked your interest.

In essence, the Nemesis Prime name is slapped onto any evil Prime character now, a little haphazardly IMHO. Since it's inception:

Nemesis Prime (Armada): A rather popular use of the "bendy" Prime figure, Nemesis in the fiction was an alter ego of Sideways, who was a puppet of Unicron.

Nemesis Prime (Universe): To date the only American release of the Big Convoy mold (though the 4th version globally) in a dark color scheme, this Nemesis Prime was a fallen Prime, corrupted into evil and hatred.

Nemesis Prime (Alts): The first time used as a SDCC Exclusive, though far more widespread in the BT line, fit into the BT Storyline as a culmination of several storylines, including Dr. Arkvilles work. While it's called G1, it's not really G1, except that BT is set as a continuation of the G1 Universe.

Nemesis Prime (Classics Universe): Another SDCC Exclusive, this time of the Classics Prime, is the figure you're referencing. His story is set in a kind of alternate G1 Marvel Comics continuity, where he's the brainchild of comic character Straxus.

Nemesis Prime (IDW) This is the only Nemesis Prime on the list that isn't from a toy, and in fact is the new name for the Nova Prime character in the mythos, leader of the Dead Universe, and Prime before Optimus. Contrary to what Mospeada said, he is not the Decepticon leader, and instead is operating his own, rather complex, plans on his own.

Nemesis Prime may be the franchise child of Scourge, and in fact, several Nemesis tweaks have been called Scourge in Japan, such as the Armada "Bendy" Prime being called Scourge, with minicon Sweep, a black Energon Prime model kit being called "Grand Scourge", and so forth, not all black Primes are Scourge or Nemesis Primes, or even evil characters, though most are. You'll find that nearly every Autobot leader has had a black/dark repaint in recent lines, especially in Japan.

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Leader of the Dead Universe TFs. With Galvatron, Cyclonus, Straxus, Grindcore, Jhiaxus and (apparently) Thunderwing, serving under him.

And no, Megatron is the leader of the 'Cons. You gotta check back to your source again, buddy.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks for that, most helpful..i searched for nemesis prime on teletraan 1 and i got directed directly to the G1 nemesis page...i knew there's more than one nemesis prime, but i didnt know the origins and story of each..thanks :D 

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Nemesis Prime is your basic "evil clone of Optimus" character. There are other, non Nemesis Primes, and other evil Optimus characters not named Nemesis Prime, but that is the basic thing.

Nearly all of his incarnations have the same basic origin, too - they are a tragic figure, a character who has been broken through torture and remade into a twisted evil version of Optimus Prime. Sometimes there are other aspects, but that is the overall gist of it.

Pravus Prime's overview already summed a lot of that up though.

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Well aren't those guys Decepticons? I only read the comic once. I said "a" Decepticon leader, not "the".

10. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not in the current IDW story line they aren't. All of them have lost any previous affiliation when they went into the dead zone. Or they are controlled by the new Nemesis Prime, like Thunderwing.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The crew of the original IDW Ark were from the era before factions existed, according to Galvatron.

12. newguy

newguy i

All that really needs to be known is he is awesome and just one of baddest baddies ever.

13. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like pre-war? Is that why Cyclonus was so pissed in his spotlight?