Nemesis Prime thoughts: Contains Crossfire Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Kostya, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    So we all know Breakdown is dead and MECH found him. Now MECH is fascinated with building a Cybertronian death machine and the next episode has them doing just that. Now, they've studied Breakdown before and they probably want to use parts for him in Nemesis Prime's construction since he actually is a Cybertronian. What if they did more than that though; what if they included his spark? If it was still around and they did that then wouldn't Breakdown still be alive in some way? I'm not positive if this will happen and it probably won't but I figured it was worth thinking about.

2. megapork

megapork Cheese

His Spark is extinguished, Jim. It's kinda like a fire.

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    The thing wit sparks is that it's kinda confusing. I guess the spark is like there version of a heart or soul. so it's possibly some part of him is alive but Breakdown as a whole is dead. I do think mech is going to improve there nemisis with his parts.

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    But is that always the case? TF fiction has shown that transplanting a spark into another body is possible even when the TF in question looks to be destroyed beyond all hope of repair. From what I recall his head was gone and a few limbs were torn off but his chest was still intact so his spark could have been undamaged.

5. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But staffs has said dead characters are dead. I doubt there is possibility of Breakdown's revival.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Is he dead though? If the spark survived then he's not dead yet.

7. megapork

megapork Cheese

A spark is like a soul. It is not a physical entity though it performs a physical function. It is like a fire, once it's extinguished it can never be the same if replicated. And this is a different canon and such the laws here are different from others. I do have a theory that dark energon recreates a faux spark when reviving the dead. And that the reason why Megatron survived the space bridge explosion is because the dark energon prevented his spark from going out.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think he'll have a spark, he looked pretty dead to me, no sign of life.

9. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    I believe Breakdown is a goner, but how mech will control their bot is going to be interesting.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Consider if you will, the typical origin given to a Nemesis Prime - a Transformer who has been killed, rebuilt in Optimus' image, and tortured to the point they no longer remember who they are.

What if, what if they make use of this in creating Nemesis Prime - Breakdown might be gone, but some lingering trace of sentience might remain. Or maybe they'll Dinobot him?

11. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think NP will be a RC-former given that mech can't create a spark. Mech have 2 t-cogs in their possession so at least 2 Mech-Formers are doable unless they are far more advanced that we have been shown and can reverse engineer cybertronian tech?

12. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i thought it would be cool if breakdowns mind eook over NP

13. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

This is what I'm imagining is going to happen. Nemesis is initially supposed to do whatever Mech says, but because of using Breakdowns and Starscreams biological parts (if they use Starscreams T-Cog) some freewill, sentience and/or spirit still lingers in them and effects him. I would think that would be terribly confusing to Nemesis because of the totally different personalities of Starscream and Breakdown and possibly drive the poor guy nuts.

Along the same lines as what you are saying just a different take on it.

14. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I like your thinking. It struck me as pretty odd that BD's death was so... unceremonious. Swipe. Gone. Perhaps the character has more to give.

I'd love to see a robot that starts the episode off as a mindless drone, but eventually remembers who he is, and his final act is to 'do the right thing'.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I guess it all depends on just how much of his Spark is left in there. If MECH uses the entire core CPU in their Nemesis Prime, then yes, I expect we might see some traces of his memory stick about.

I hope we don't end up with him completely remembering who he is though.

Certainly having MECH shown recovering the body is going to be important.