Nemesis Prime + Shadow Commander = Motormaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mad_Jester, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

I thought I saw on here that someone was planning on getting the Nemesis Prime and Shadow Commander set, but call him Motormaster.

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. Does it make sense? Would you do if you knew there wouldn't be a Motormaster Classics? Do you think we'll ever see a Stunticons Gift Set in the same vein as Devestator, Bruticus, & Superion?

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I suppose. The vehicle mode certainly works for Motormaster, and you could even get a Classics Dragstrip to go with him.

But for me, Shadow Commander is something unique. He's an evil Ultra Magnus... a Nemesis Magnus if you will. I don't have any Shattered Glass bots, but if I did, he would be Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.

3. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Nemesis Prime + Shadow Commander= pure badass.

I can see where the Motormaster comparison can be made however. Similar colors, similar look. It still wouldn't compare to a Stunticons giftset, however, but most of the newer giftsets are from the Energon line, which didn't have a Menasor. Ah well, maybe TFCC can create one like they did for the Seacons(I think I need to e-mail them now...)

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Seeing as how there was no Stunticon Maximus toy, no, we will not be seeing a giftset.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    How about Ultra Nemesis.

6. Blackdrop

Blackdrop Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Nemesis Prime + Shadow Commander = Nova Prime, actually.

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

No.

I've never understood this. In robot mode, MotorMaster looks nothing like Optimus Prime (or Ultra Magnus). I just don't understand why people want a Prime repainted and named Motormaster.

He deserves a new mold. I personally don't want a lame Prime repaint being called MotorMaster. I'll hold out for the new mold.

8. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Honestly, to me it is just a badass figure. I don't have any of the hang ups some people seem to have. I don't mind that there has never been a Nemesis Magnus or anything like that. I don't have to shoehorn a figure into the shoes of another. I don't have to make a toy fit into existing canon. I'll happily call him Shadow Commander.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I like it!:thumbs2: 

10. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

I was just reading in another thread I created about Nemesis Prime and Nova Prime came up. I'm a huge fan of the IDW comic series and this may be the best way to convince me to buy the Shadow Commander set and Nemesis Prime is if I call him Nova Prime. Brilliant idea.

11. Sideways

Sideways Banned

To me it's just Nemesis Prime except upgraded..

12. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    Planning on referring to mine as Nemesis Enforcer, rather than shadow commander or nemesis magnus or some such thing.

13. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Like I said in the other thread. Shadow Commander is just the name of the trailer/armor. Think of this. If your name is Steve, and you put on a Nike tshirt, your name is still Steve, it doesn't change to Nike. Same thing for this armor. When you put the City Commander armor on your Ultra Magnus figure, he is still Ultra Magnus. So for this new Shadow Commander armor, Nemesis Prime will still be big bad Nemesis Prime, which FansProject intends it to be.

Now, since the trailer isn't an official part of any Transformers line, you can easily call it MotorMaster or Nemesis Commander. Its really up to you. Nothing is truly set. One of the original names which was going to be used for Shadow Commander was Shadowbane and Shadow Destroyer. That was due to the fact that this was not intended to be an evil Ultra Magnus figure from the starting. :) 

14. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

I've never understood the correlation between a black Optimus Prime\Nemesis Prime\Scourge and Motormaster. The former are usually a cab that transforms into the robot with the occasional trailer combination while the latter is a robot derived entirely of both the cab and trailer, no supermode of any kind. With the exception of a Legends class repaint of Cybertron Optimus Prime and a canceled repaint of Machine Wars Optimus Prime, even then they were called Menasor and not Motormaster, Motormaster has never been a repaint of Optimus Prime. Also, aside from being predominantly black, the colorschemes are not that similar. If anything, the upcoming Onslaught from the Bruticus Maximus Giftset is closer in colorscheme with Motormaster than any above mentioned Prime repaint. Seeing Motormaster in the Shadow Commander is almost as absurd as seeing a Super-Huffer in the City Commander set. Just my opinion.

15. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i can see that i just wish hasbro would give us a Stunticons set. that would be so cool. Make them in deluxe & ultra size as that would be worth the cash.

16. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    To me its just Dark Magnus.

It dosen't fit in with any of the other bots people are wanting him to be.

17. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

With the new face plate he is definitely a Classics RiD Scourge for me.

18. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Hahahahaha! I think that's the next repaint for City Commander is Super-Huffer.

What about Nova Prime? From the recent IDW comic series. In another thread I've got going about Nemesis Prime's origins his name came up. Would it be appropriate to call him Nova Prime since Nova Prime is pretty much a Nemesis Prime, just bigger, badder and cooler.

19. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

This is one of the great things about our hobby/passion.......there is so much room for improvisation. We are free to express our creative urges and be accepted by our peers, without having to justify our reasoning. Shadow Commander is many characters to many people. To me he is Nemesis Convoy.

20. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Personally, if I had the talent, I'd remold Nemesis Prime's head to look like Motormaster and the Armor's head to look like Menasor.

What I don't get, is people yell no like bloody murder at this, yet they are 100% in favor of that unreleased Defensor from RID Optimus Prime. It's apples to apples, really.