Neil Kaplan and Flint Dille Slagacon Appearance Cancelled Due to Low Pre-Registration

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by cbff, Sep 15, 2012.

1. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    http://www.slagacon.com/

Depressing news, but it does seem like Scott McNeil will still be attending.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks but honestly fan dollars are stretched so tight this year this is no surprise

3. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sad. Oh well, as long as Scott McNeil is there Im not really disapointed. Especially cuz there will probally be less people, making it easier to meet him :D 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ironically enough today is Scott McNeil's Birthday. :bday 

Sorry if I'm off topic but yeah what a shame.

5. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    Scott McNeil will still be in attendance!

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is what happens when you take people's money and fail to deliver an exclusive. Regardless of who's fault it was.

7. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm sure New York Comic-Con being the same weekend has nothing to do with it either. :rolleyes: 

8. bchorean

bchorean Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    still waiting for my refund too, totally feel ripped off

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure as well. How many Slagacon attendees were actually going to drive 700 plus miles to attend NYCC? Certainly not 50% of them. It would not surprise me in the least if this was the last year of the show.

10. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now Chad's busting his ass off to make sure people are paid back as quickly as possible. To get that exclusive produced - as I know he's said over and over again - all of the money that was received for them went straight to the guy who was producing them and Slagacon were ripped off big time when he took all the money and delivered nothing.

There's no need to attack Slagacon for something that was beyond their control. Right now, Chad has made the incredibly noble decision to sell his entire Transformers collection so he can pay fans back personally so no-one is out of pocket over this. That's going to take time for him to raise all that money and at the end of the day, he's the only one who will be losing out - the guy who ripped off the convention will be thousands of dollars better off, all the attendees will have had their money back and Chad... he'll have no collection and has had nothing but people bad-mouthing him for being screwed over...

As for this year's guests, every convention needs pre-registrations to help them to offer as much as possible for attendees but instead of showing support, again Slagacon is getting nothing but criticism. Both Flint and Neil are being dismissed out of hand as being unimportant and to write off future conventions... that's the last thing anyone should want to see. Whether you love or hate a particular convention - fan run or professional - the more that there are the better.

11. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking of - did he ever hear from that guy? Why isn't he being hounded to give the money back?

I'd seriously look into small claims court. What he [the producer] did was not legal.

12. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I gather, Chad put a lot of effort into harrassing the guy, both into getting the toys produced for all his attendees and trying to get the money refunded after it was clear that they were never going to be made but without any success. In the end, the only options he had to be able to offer any refund was to come out of convention funds (and I can tell you that no fan run convention keeps surplus funds to be able to do anything like that!) or from his own pocket which is what he is doing.

The only thing I regret is not being in a position to be able to help him, either through buying some of his collection to help out or to be able to come over to the convention this year and give me support that way as I just really can't afford it. :(