Neighbors dog poisoned

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by foxfan352, Feb 12, 2010.

1. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

Our neighbor told us that their dog had died. I don't know the whole story but the vet said told them that someone had poisoned him. Their son was really sad since they had that dog for 4 years. Since we live right next to the Mexican border there is alot of people who smuggle people to the U.S..They think they did it in am attempt to not get spotted(by the border patrol since they always patrol that area) since the dog was a really good guard.The weirdest thing is that the house was built on a cliff and the dog was kept in the back yard so the only way to get to him was to climb it. I think the best thing they should do is get a new dog to guard the house considering that it is a possible target for a robbery or how know what else.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    damn that sucks and as I have had a dog poisoned the past I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet in such an unspeakably evil manner

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Alrighty then, thanks for sharing.

Seriously though, animals eat crazy and often poisonous shit all the time. I highly doubt that illegals would go to the trouble of poisoning a dog rather than just running away. 9 times out of 10, when pet owners come up with some complicated and impractical story like this, they're trying to make themselves feel better because they weren't the most attentive caretakers to begin with.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    So...Mexicans did it in an attempt to cross the boarder as the Dog was keeping them out?

5. smkspy

Time for one of these, I believe.

[​IMG]

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Aww...picture fail.

7. smkspy

Toy fail, my gf's daughter had one of those. Damn thing would turn on in the middle of the night and continually walk into a wall. I "accidentally" ran over it while backing out the driveway one day.

8. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Green Koolaid will do that.

9. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Sad. That's all that is ever posted in General Discussion. Death, death, and... Guess what? Death

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The dog was most likely poisoned by a neighbor for barking too much or raising some other kind of hell.

11. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I've heard of this. If a dog is in the way or draws too much attention, or is too noisy, a person will poison it. but hey, animal cruelty is just a myth >:/

12. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

The dog was always kept in the back yard so I don't think it was just coincidence that it ate a deadly poison that was just sitting there.

Not just illegals, smugglers people who make a living "helping" people and who knows what else (drugs) cross the border

The owners were pretty good the gave a him a bath every week and they were pretty protective of the dog.

You might be right though

13. smkspy

That's my point though. No telling what they could have left in the backyard that the dog may have eaten. Also, you don't yet know what the dog ate to poison it. It could have eaten some plastic and that killed the dog. You'd be surprised at how many dogs die from things that we consider harmless or leave in the backyard.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

when my dad was a teen, his beloved dog named Marange, a Doberman, was poisoned by a man who hated him. my dad got very sad and severely pissed of and the whole town told him where he was because they all knew he hated the dog. my dad beat the sh!t out of him until his dad and the sheriff held him back.

sad that this happened to your neighbors.